How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-06-2011
backstage pass

Thanks honeycombchild. Simon, Simon, Simon! If you were truly Cheryl's close friend, you would have spoken to her in private and asked her why she seemed so down. Then if you felt things weren't working out, YOU, Simon, her close friend, should have been the one to break it to her. All of a sudden you weren't the right person to tell her? Hilarious.

If Cheryl was in somewhat of a depressed state about home and her personal problems, she should have declined the US offer in the first place. She should have stayed home to heal or handle her situations. Anyway, she has another shot at breaking the US if she wants. She has some pretty decent connections here (in TV and music) to help her out.

08-06-2011
V.I.P.

I don't follow Cheryl, or have any interest in her music, but i just wanted to say that i have SO much respect for her, for standing up for herself, and turning down UK X-Factor despite the massive paycheck.

And i don't think for a second this was a PR stunt, but more like Cowell throwing her under the bus! He is no friend!

08-06-2011
French Chic

^ Agreed.

Once again Cowell proving he is the self-centred piece of crap we all know he is.
He has done this before to Kate Thornton......even after he told her 'live' on TV that her job was safe, Louis Walsh....who apparently has been his good friend for years, Kelly Brook......and didn't have the decency to tell any of them to their face. Spineless arsehole and Cheryl would do best to keep well away from him, as he more than likely doesn't really give a toss about her.

backstage pass

He doesn't give a crap about anyone but himself and his mother. He's only besotted by Cheryl (like Will.i.am), and thats why he see's her as a "star".

08-06-2011
fashion insider

^How on earth do you know that?

backstage pass

^I never said it was a fact; just my assumption, really. Have you seen the way Will.i.am looks at her? LOL. It's creepy. Seriously, she wouldn't have gotten this far with her 'music' without Ashley's infidelity, SC, and her beauty. Her singing is mediocre (not the worst, but definitely nowhere near the best), and I haven't known her to compose or write her own songs, or play any instrument. For her to have gotten this far in music amazes me seeing that her musical talent is very limited. Let someone without the looks perform the way Cheryl does (it wouldn't work, would it?) I'll give the girl this: she can dance her butt off (watch Passions of GA!) I do like her though, because she's just likeable. I really do feel that most of the men working with her are just infatuated with her. JMO though.

Last edited by taydev; 08-06-2011 at 06:50 PM.
09-06-2011
trendsetter

i gotta say i dont like how cheryl handled this. the whole let me dissapear and be a recluse. there werent even pictures of her boarding a jet to get back to the U.K. I think she should do the BBC's version of "The Voice" because i am not interested in hearing another album from her.

* Alec Wek - Mariaclara Boscono - Natasha Poly - Karen Elson - Sascha P*
09-06-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentricity View Post
i gotta say i dont like how cheryl handled this. the whole let me dissapear and be a recluse. there werent even pictures of her boarding a jet to get back to the U.K. I think she should do the BBC's version of "The Voice" because i am not interested in hearing another album from her.
My question is where were the paps? Everytime she travels they are there to take pictures. This makes me think 100% now, that Cheryl's PR machine calls them and lets them know where she is and/or will be. This time, no pics

IMO I don't think she should do The Voice either. Don't the judges act as voice coaches on that show?

Last edited by taydev; 09-06-2011 at 03:03 PM.
09-06-2011
fashion insider

^Good point, she could very well call the paps.

trendsetter

Why did they take her on in the first place? so odd... I dont see how Nicole would be any better particularly....

im intrigued to watch the shows she was on!!!...

trendsetter

^well somebody in Americas knows who Nicole is & she has some discernable talent.

* Alec Wek - Mariaclara Boscono - Natasha Poly - Karen Elson - Sascha P*
12-06-2011
backstage pass

I read on Reality TV Magazine that Cheryl doesn't care weather or not she makes it in the US. I believe this is how she really thinks because she's said before, on Live Lounge and a few other interviews, that she's not ambitious enough for that. She seems very "homey" anyway (homebody, comfortable on home turf etc), so I think she should do what makes her really happy. During and after her Ashley drama, the media and offers for TV came flooding to her, which makes me think she really never chased fame; she just took whatever great opportunities that were offered to her (hell, I would). The girl's not done yet though (maybe in America??); I'm sure she has years of celebrity left in the UK, definitely. The article also mentioned she turned down offers to rejoin GA.

I take these gossip sites with a grain of salt unless I've heard it from the celebs own mouth. So the first comment I believe; the second about not rejoining GA, I'm not sure, although she has stated (years ago) she wouldn't do the group thing at a certain age. Cheryl said this around the time Spice Girls reunited for a tour (2006/07).

13-06-2011
tfs star

^I disagree. Whether we like it or not, the states are always the final destination for "super stardom" especially for mainstream pop and tabloid commodities like Cheryl Cole. There is no way that she doesn't chase fame and lacks the ambition to crack into the USA.

She's build her image of a sweetheart through the media and tried to bring her brand to the USA but it didn't work this time. At least not with the executives.

13-06-2011
front row

I read a little about this last week, wanted to see the good in Simon but oh well. Official story said something about Cheryl's accent. Although Nicole whatsherface is a huge talent I can't help think she looks a bit Kardashian.
Posted via Mobile Device

13-06-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by before View Post
^I disagree. Whether we like it or not, the states are always the final destination for "super stardom" especially for mainstream pop and tabloid commodities like Cheryl Cole. There is no way that she doesn't chase fame and lacks the ambition to crack into the USA.

She's build her image of a sweetheart through the media and tried to bring her brand to the USA but it didn't work this time. At least not with the executives.
I agree that the US is the place for lucrative superstardom but I'm just going off what Cheryl said in the interviews. She, herself, said she really doesn't care for breaking the US market: "I'm not overly ambitious like that."

I'm guessing Simon, and possibly Will.i.am, talked with her about working in the US and she said sure; why the hell not? I don't think it was her that said "Hey guys, how about taking my brand to the US and becoming a household name there," but that's just my perception of the situation. I think they tried to bring her brand here more than she did, or wanted to. If she makes another attempt at cracking the US, then I'll believe she's chasing superstardom.

As far as her building herself up as a sweetheart, she didn't do that: the media did.

Last edited by taydev; 13-06-2011 at 02:24 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cheryl, cole, drama, factor