How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-05-2011
V.I.P.

Cheryl Cole - X Factor Drama!
BREAKING from TMZ:

Cheryl is being replaced by Nicole on the judges table.
---
I'm shocked!

25-05-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
I'm shocked!
I'm thrilled!

Definitely not shocked, no*.

*please don't let this be for some major family-emergency-scale reason so I don't look like a complete a-hole.

25-05-2011
rising star

Oh no

Maybe she's ill again? That's awful if it's true

25-05-2011
rising star

Of course it's because of her accent (and because she has no genuine personality.)

Cheryl Cole's Accent -- Too Thick for 'X-Factor'

Cheryl Cole was dropped from the judging panel on "X-Factor" largely because producers were concerned her English accent would be too difficult for an American audience to understand ... sources close to the production tell TMZ. .

There were other issues too -- we're told Cheryl and fellow judge Paula Abdul had a "lack of chemistry" ... and Cheryl was more expendable.

Producers now want Cheryl to return to the UK version of the show -- but according to sources, Cheryl's royally pissed over how this situation was handled ... and may sever ties with "X-Factor" entirely.

With Cheryl out, Steve Jones will be the only host on the show -- which debuts in September -- while Nicole Scherzinger fills the open seat on the judging panel.

Calls to Simon Cowell still haven't been returned.

source: TMZ

25-05-2011
V.I.P.

I know someone that went to the Chicago auditions and they said Cheryl got a huge response...even bigger than Paula. So, I am surprised to see this happen. To be honest, the show seems destined to flop stateside. It's been trumped by The Voice and really, how many of these singing shows does the public want?

25-05-2011
trendsetter

Just when we thought we got rid of her

25-05-2011
V.I.P.

ugh..that sucks I was gonna watch it only for her..

25-05-2011
rising star

ONTD are saying the same too^ but we don't know what went on between filming.

Maybe the other panellists didn't like her, dug their heels in and refused to carry on without a change in the line up.

If Regina George was a real person she'd say "stop trying to make Cheryl Cole happen".

The accent is gross but it's the least of it. On the UK X factor she was predictably fake and mostly played the role of good cop. She'd sit next to Simon like a needy pampered cat. She 'worked' as a judge in the UK because people felt like they'd put her there - they'd watched her on a similar reality show that picked Girls Aloud. This and the stubborn fact that she has no talent/memorable personality means she's only able to succeed in the UK.

People keep forgetting that underneath the styling she's a simpleton who punched a toilet attendant and called her a "black bitch" over some unpaid sweets and lollies. You guys aren't missing a thing!

25-05-2011
front row

^ Harsh...but I agree with your assessment.

She's beautiful (hence why I like looking at pictures of her on this thread) but personality & career-wise, she's lame

fashion insider

I am sure that a personality clash is the main reason she was axed.

26-05-2011
V.I.P.

How sure is it? Or just a rumor?
I would be shocked if it´s really true.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddybuymeapony View Post

The accent is gross but it's the least of it. On the UK X factor she was predictably fake and mostly played the role of good cop. She'd sit next to Simon like a needy pampered cat. She 'worked' as a judge in the UK because people felt like they'd put her there - they'd watched her on a similar reality show that picked Girls Aloud. This and the stubborn fact that she has no talent/memorable personality means she's only able to succeed in the UK.

People keep forgetting that underneath the styling she's a simpleton who punched a toilet attendant and called her a "black bitch" over some unpaid sweets and lollies. You guys aren't missing a thing!
Couldn't agree more. Honestly, just when we thought we got rid of her .....just hope they don't take her back on the X Factor again. I was only gonna start watching it again just cos she was gone

26-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddybuymeapony View Post
The accent is gross !
I have the same exact as Cheryl, being from the same place, and don't hugely like it being called 'gross' to be honest.

26-05-2011
V.I.P.

poor chezza :/

26-05-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
I have the same exact as Cheryl, being from the same place, and don't hugely like it being called 'gross' to be honest.
There's "well spoken with a soft regional dialect" and there's "dog rough and borderline incomprehensible."

If you're a singer.. if you're a broadcaster.. you must be able to communicate effectively with a very large number of people. English people living just 150 miles south of her home town have trouble understanding her sometimes.

Only very charismatic people can get away with such a "distinct" way of speaking on the wider circuit.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cheryl, cole, drama, factor