How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

Rihanna Is Said To Be Cooperating
perez hilton

Thankfully, new reports state that Rihanna is cooperating with police officers after reportedly being viciously beat up by her (hopefully) soon-to-be ex boyfriend Chris Brown.
A police source confirmed that Rihanna is providing "ongoing" cooperation with detectives who are busy compiling a domestic violence case against douchebag Brown.
An industry insider who knows the pair said, "Everybody's sick about it. She's so beautiful and nice. How do you hit her?"
The pair got into a heated argument very early Sunday morning in the ritzy Hancock Park neighborhood in Los Angeles. That's when a witness spotted the altercation and called police. That witness will be key to the case.
Another neighbor who lives on the same block said, "The screaming woke up my neighbors, but I slept through it. My son saw them tow away the silver Lamborghini. I hope she's okay. It's a shame."
As for the events leading up to that awful night, one friend said, "They looked lovey-dovey, laughing and hugging, whispering in each other's ears."
However, it's said many noticed Brown carefully watching Rihanna dancing with other guys at the party Saturday night. "Both of them are young and prone to jealousy," says a source.
Yea, but jealousy should never lead to violence!

10-02-2009
scenester

Source: Chris Brown 'Knocked Around' Rihanna

New details have emerged about the midnight altercation between Chris Brown and Rihanna that led to Brown being booked on a felony criminal threat charge on Sunday.

"Chris knocked her around," says a source close to the couple. "Black eye, blood, bruises. She had to be treated by a doctor."

The Barbados-bred beauty, 20 – who is currently in "a safe place," says a friend – is cooperating with detectives, according to the L.A. Times. Los Angeles Police Chief William Bratton has said he expects the case will be handed over to the district attorney's office on Tuesday or Wednesday. At that time, the prosecutors could charge Brown, 19, with more crimes.

The case could be affected by how much Rihanna is willing to forgive her boyfriend. "Prosecutors back off somewhat when they see a couple trying to work out their own issues," says Steve Sitkoff, an L.A. defense attorney. But, says the friend, "I would be so sad if she went back to him."

In the meantime, both stars have canceled upcoming appearances: The NBA has issued a statement that Brown will no longer participate in their All-Star Game events in Phoenix this weekend, while Rihanna backed out of a Friday night concert in Malaysia.

http://www.people.com/

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

A man hitting a woman is never a mistake. I don't even think he deserves to be called a man. That's not what a man should do. He's got a lot of growing up to do. I've lost all respect for him now that's for sure. I thought he was somewhat talented especially at dancing.

10-02-2009
fashion icon

^ I agree!

Thank you guys for the ongoing news.. How good of T.I. as everyone is so concerned about Chris Brown right now *sarcastic*!!!
This is so eye-opening..

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Given allegations that he beat girlfriend Rihanna, some may feel Chris Brown's career is already dead and gone, but pal T.I. disagrees.
Last night on Last Call With Carson Daily, the rapper, who's no stranger to hot water himself, shared the tips he gave the troubled "Forever" singer.
"I spoke to him today," he said. "He's cool, you know. He's a little concerned about the situation, but he's still the same Chris. I told him, 'This too shall pass.' "
T.I. admitted he didn't know exactly what happened but stressed that "we're celebrities, we're entertainers, but we're still human—all of us. Don't expect us not to make mistakes, because we will."
But Rihanna's former tour mate, Kanye West, has a very different response to the situation.
"She has the potential to be the greatest artist of all time and, in that sense, I feel like that's my baby sis and I would do any and everything to help her in any situation," the "Stronger" wordsmith told E! News' Ryan Seacrest this morning. "I don't want to speak more into the specifics with that situation, but all I'll say is it's just so devastating.
"I feel like, just as a person, I don’t care how famous she is or even if she just worked at McDonald's, that should never happen. It should never come to that place."
eonline.com

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill

10-02-2009
fashion icon

^You know it's serious if Kanye West is making sense, I'm surprised he didn't end up making it all about himself. He was almost sweet, but then he was violent with Paparazzi last Summer at LAX, so you know...

10-02-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zposen View Post
Also we do not know if he was provoked? did she say something to set him off? Not that it would excuse his behavior but it would give some perspective... maybe he is just an immature 19 yr old who does not know how to handle his anger when pushed to the max...
I cannot believe I'm reading this.

10-02-2009
fashion icon

Phew nice to hear what Kanye West said

I guess there is no shadow of doubt now..

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

Sorry but Chris Brown is an as*hole, so is TI.

Domestic violence is DISGUSTING. I really hope he does not get away with this. Whatever lawyer is going to defend his case is shady as well.

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

Wow, this is awful. I was shocked when I found out that it was Rihanna. Not a fan of neither, so if Brown's career goes down the toilet, I don't think I'd care.

10-02-2009
fashion elite

Good to hear that Rihanna is standing for herself. T.I. remarks are disgusting but not surprising considering how he treats his own 'situation'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
Of course it will, he needs to be punished and with a long jail term. Our past is absolutely no excuse for violence. Not everyone that had a terrible past is a women beater, why he did this it's a problem that he has to address, but it doesn't erase the fact that he actually did it. If he attacked a random guy in the street, he would be up for a long jail term, but when domestic violence is concerned everyone is prepared to find excuses...There is no excuse for this cowards.
Long sight.
From my first post in this thread:
Quote:
There are thousands of people who had crappy childhood and grow up to be amazingly caring people so I don't consider his past an excuse, but it might be a factor in this sad affair and it is worth keeping that in mind before wishing him ill, especially if you were lucky to have a healthy, loving childhood.
If you think you can just put someone with psychological troubles (and it seems to me he does have some) in jail and expect them to come off it reformed you are very ill-informed either about psychology or about how the penal system works.
Of course, as I plainly said, he must face legal repercussion. But that is not all he needs, otherwise this will happen again, with Rihanna or other women.

However, here is something that was written in the blog Panache report, which is quite interesting. If indeed Chris's camp is planting rumours with the full consent and knowledge of Chris, imo he is past any form of redemption:

Quote:
A fixer has obviously been brought in for damage control regarding Chris Brown. It's been widely quoted that Brown got physical with Rihanna because she allegedly gave him herpes. How does anyone know that? They were the only ones in the car and in the parking lot, only they know what was discussed. Pure speculation.
But, this explanation is being used as "justification" for the attack on Rihanna. Despite being the victim, due to this fixer "smear campaign," Rihanna is being bashed for provoking Brown into hitting her.
A fixer is planting stories in favor of Brown on every urban blog, so far, this strategy seems to be working.

Last edited by Harumi; 10-02-2009 at 02:11 PM.

10-02-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu View Post
Sorry but Chris Brown is an as*hole, so is TI.

Domestic violence is DISGUSTING. I really hope he does not get away with this. Whatever lawyer is going to defend his case is shady as well.

well his attorney will be the infamous Mark Geragos, (Michael Jacksons former attorney). You also might remember him from the Winona Ryder case.

Last edited by saka; 10-02-2009 at 02:16 PM.

10-02-2009
rising star

^^ haha how ironic

10-02-2009
trendsetter

He is only 19. There is no point of putting him in jail. Anger managament, therapy, etc. When some men get into a heated argument with their girlfriends, they think that gives them the right to go blow for blow. Some men don't know their own strength when they are blinded by rage. I have seen it first hand.

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
[Rihanna is] outrageously jealous and insecure. So [Chris] would get into arguments and fights with her. He never hit her once but she'd [allegedly] smack him, bite him and scratch him and once he even got hit in the balls kinda' hard. So [she] got into the habit of hitting him because to her it was fine since he never hit her back.

[On Saturday night, Chris] finally told her to shut the f*ck up and it's over. So she socked the **** out of him while he was driving and kept on hitting him until he crashed into a parked car.

[Chris] then got out of the car and tried to pull her out and got hit in the face some more numerous times. Scratched up and everything.

Simply because he was done with all of the drama. Anyway when she smacked him this last time he smacked her back. So he [left Rihanna there alone].

Hurt from banging her face on the windshield/dashboard from the car accident [somebody] then called the cops and [Rihanna] told them that [Chris] whipped her ***.

[Later the next day, Chris] wanted to go get his things from her apt to go to a hotel and saw a million cop cars there.

So he left and when he sent us to retrieve his stuff, this girl didn't want to let us get his 6 bags of stuff. She said tell him to come get it himself … Tell him to answer his phone and that I'm sorry we can work this out. To which I said, hell no my friend isn't coming anywhere near here. It's too late for all of that. He just wants his luggage and you guys need never to see each other anymore….

Sh*t happens was definitely in effect and it's crazy how everyone can jump on a woman's side and not know what happened. Hind sight is 20/20 and I told [him that] he should've gotten out of the car and called the cops on her a*s when it was just him with scratches and ****.
http://www.mediatakeout.com/2009/305...ls_inside.html

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
arrested, brown, chris, domestic, sentenced, violence