How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-02-2009
Blood On The Leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denim_Darling View Post
Those pics are PRE-arrest. The blog got it wrong, either deliberately for hits or they just made a mistake.
At the top it says:

Rihanna: Out with Chris Brown Pre-Arrest
then at the bottom it says:
Below are pictures of Chris Brown out with Rihanna (February 7)

If the pics were really post-arrest, the date would be February 9th, not 7th.
You're right. Here's the video:
Quote:
Chris Brown Pumped Up Before Arrest
http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=t...c-6c24d04fff27

09-02-2009
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycanadian View Post
i would never have pegged Chris Brown as an abusive type (is he related to Bobby??)
no.

09-02-2009
rising star

supposively lot of entertainers have bad temper. Not b/c they are bad person but how they are suppose to act nice to the fans and screen 24/7 so that escalates into a huge rage blowout.
And overtime, it becomes their personality.

of course there are quite the numbers of exceptions as well.

so either way i wouldn't judge chris brown's character based on this one incident.

09-02-2009
trendsetter

the photos at the gas station were from friday night.

09-02-2009
trendsetter

On Rihanna and Chris Brown

You must know by now but just in case, and because there are so many strands of information flooding in, a quick recap first:

Rihanna and Chris Brown attended the Clive Davis party together on Saturday night. By all accounts, they were happy, very affectionate, betraying no signs of what was to come.

Have heard from multiple sources inside the event that they were seen leaving together around midnight holding hands. He was rubbing her arms at one point when she passed by a draft. Still all good.

Shortly after it unravelled.

Brown was travelling in car, was involved in an argument with an unidentified woman, violence erupted, she called the cops accusing him of beating her, and he took off. When the police arrived, they noted that the woman had “visible injuries”. They have withheld the woman’s identity and will not be releasing the 911 tapes.

The LA Times this morning is naming Rihanna as the alleged victim. Most news outlets implied it last night but did not take the extra step in openly identifying her.

The Times however, citing LAPD sources, is confirming everyone’s suspicions. Rihanna is supposedly bruised in the face and there are also unsubstantiated reports that she has bite marks on her arm.

Chris Brown has been charged with making criminal threats while authorities have explained that he is being investigated for domestic violence felony battery and could be charged with more later.

In theory it’s supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. In theory. In practice, most people have convicted him already. It’s hard to argue with the optics of the situation.

The wording “domestic” violence implies the relationship. Also the fact that they were together just minutes before the incident went down. And that they both bailed on the Grammys. More telling though – that Rihanna still has not been seen. (things could change any time today – keep refreshing).

Why is this significant?

From a PR perspective, if she wasn’t hurt, if she’s not the victim, you put her out there ASAP to show that she’s healthy and beautiful and perfect. Because you know what people are saying. And if it’s not true, the quickest way to stamp that sh-t out is to give the paps a clean shot.

But Rihanna remains undercover. The longer she remains undercover, the worse it looks on him. The buzz last night at the Grammys, the adjective being used, is not “hit”. It is “beaten”.

Some stories you take more personally than others. I talk sh-t about celebrities all day. To a certain extent, you become immune to the scandal, numb to the smut. But this, this one is heartbreaking. I feel real sadness, and this from someone, right or wrong, who doesn’t feel much sadness or empathy or compassion for celebrities, like, ever.

As you know, I love(d) Rihanna and Chris. Something about their playfulness, their youth, the promise, with so much ahead of them, enjoying it enthusiastically together – it’s intoxicating that kind of vitality and exuberance. And totally irresistible.

But it can happen to anyone. Even the girl with the world at her feet.

They say Rihanna’s official explanation for skipping the Grammys was a car accident the night before. Many of you have emailed, worried that she might be covering for him, that she’s not stepping up and speaking out about violence against women – if this is true.

I’m thinking maybe not give her an agenda until she’s sorted her sh-t out?

On the flipside, how about those amazing messages people keep leaving in the comments section of mainstream sites, like Rollingstone.com, that somehow she must have deserved it…!

I hate people.

People out there are f-cked up. Being a crazy fan can f-ck you up.

If he did it, he is worthless. Period.

If he did it, there is no excuse. Never.

I hate people. It’s one of those days.

http://www.laineygossip.com/Chris_Br...atID=0&CelID=0

09-02-2009
V.I.P.

She must look bad if she had to cancel The Grammy's and couldn't even cover it up. I hope she goes forward with pressing charges if this was indeed her, which by all accounts it seems to be. His career will putter out pretty quickly, and rightfully so...Lainey's right, the longer she has to stay in hiding the worse things will get.

09-02-2009
doldrums

He probably did this before.

09-02-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_a_Licious View Post
horrible, yeah, but as an avid ONTDer i can't wait to find out what kinda sh!t went down.

ONTD makes people become like that
same with me just think of the epic posts that are gonna come from this whole situation

09-02-2009
V.I.P.

TMZ UPDATE:

Rihanna Alleged Victim -- Deadly Weapon Charge

Posted Feb 9th 2009 11:35AM by TMZ Staff
TMZ has confirmed Rihanna is the named alleged victim in the Chris Brown case and the allegation is that she was assaulted with a deadly weapon.

Law enforcement sources tell us the crime report calls the incident assault with a deadly weapon -- we do not yet know the nature of the weapon.

The crime report gives the victim's name as Robyn Fenty -- that's Rihanna's real name.

09-02-2009
tfs star

^omg that's horrible

09-02-2009
congratulations, nerds.

Oh my goodness. How awful I hope she's okay.

09-02-2009
doldrums

It's getting worse and worse.

09-02-2009
trendsetter

I would never think he would do something like this. Poor Rihanna, hope she recover soon.

09-02-2009
V.I.P.

When I first saw this posted on ONTD I was like "yeah whatever, it won't be real blah blah blah".

Well I can't believe 9 hours later all this sh*t has gone down. It's so sad. I like them together.

But somebodies publicist or the LAPD better put out a statement soon cause it's not looking good either of them. Until then it's innocent until proven guilty.

09-02-2009
V.I.P.

I think it's all so awful . No woman deserves to be treated like that!!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
arrested, brown, chris, domestic, sentenced, violence