How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-03-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
And I will say again--Love helps. Judgment doesn't.

I have been quietly witnessing this debate.

I agree that LOVE always helps, and judgment, well it depends on the situation. But aren't you doing the same thing by declaring that you have no compassion for Chris? How are you are to arrive to that conclusion without a moment of judgment?

I'm not picking sides, just making an observation, that's all.

TWITTER:

02-03-2009
V.I.P.

LOVE doesn't exist without judgement. By virtue of being "in love", you are accepting that a particular person brings you a particular feeling. thus, judgement.

02-03-2009
backstage pass

One thing is clear from this thread: Violence is a feminist issue.

Policy and politics don't protect women enough because hate can be spread around based on perception and reputation. Even if you're safe physically, emotional support can be swept out from beneath you.

The bottom line is that we need to change how violence against women is perceived by men. I think Mary Pipher said it best. To paraphrase: We need to make it so men find rape and physical harm against women is as distasteful as cannibalism.

02-03-2009
V.I.P.

and what is the most frightening thing to me, Uchina, is that there seem to be plenty of men and women who feel quite blase about violence against women. it's terrifying.

02-03-2009
fashion icon

Hiding while boarding a plane with Chris..

WHY hide, if you want to be with him, why hide, is she ashamed, I found her annoying...I could care less what she and Chris do at this point, Iam not a HUGE fan of either music...so

Rihanna has coat over her head, Chris ain't ducking

Driving to the airport..

02-03-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycanadian View Post
LOVE doesn't exist without judgement. By virtue of being "in love", you are accepting that a particular person brings you a particular feeling. thus, judgement.

Nothing exists without judgment. The issue here lies in how it is applied, not whether it exists or not.

TWITTER:

02-03-2009
V.I.P.

yeah she's annoying me a bit too now. why is she hiding if she wants to be with him? I dunno what to say really...

02-03-2009
trendsetter

i am sorry but the whole situation is ****ed up!

1. she is so naive to take him back, to think (hope) he will change; he really beat her up, the way men do beat other men,where is her dignity and pride?!

2. how on earth does SHE think this won't have a huge affect on her career? i mean, she is the one who tried to embody a independent young woman who lives her life like she wants and makes her own decision. and now, only what, 3 weeks after the whole incident she goes back to him. after the whole world saw what he did to her..

3. he is such a dumb, irresponsible and disgusting ******* who enjoys being photographed on the jet ski that the whole world can see that they are back together. and when she can forgive him, the rest of us can do that, too.

4. what the hell is wrong with esp HER family and friends???? i am sure my mother and friends would rather go hell, before letting me go back to him. NOT talking about going on vacation with that moron.
Btw: this is almost comical: diddy's house, who himself broke the nose of the mother of his kids, and beat Cassie till she bleeded...
this is so sick!

i hope that each of them gets the help that they need (which they REALLY do). i don't see a big career coming out of this for neither of them.

02-03-2009
V.I.P.

the photos are annoying at me, look at her hiding and him walking striding along thinking he's great, he go do what he wants and he has her back.

02-03-2009
front row

She's a dumb twit for taking him back. She has the money and people around her who presumably care about her AND know what happened to get her help. I.e. staying far away! Why does she not have somebody around her with half a brain to show her what an idiot she's making of her self? i.e. her parents? I predict Chris gets at least 1 hit song out of some dumbass lyrics about saying sorry and she releases a statement saying how it was just a misunderstanding. What a pair of idiots.

02-03-2009
V.I.P.

yeah I agree it would be easier for her to seperate from him than it would be for an average woman in an abusive relationship. Some women have kids to worry about or they don't have a job, or no where to go. But she can get and stay easily away from him

02-03-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhirnamy137 View Post
Hiding while boarding a plane with Chris..

WHY hide, if you want to be with him, why hide, is she ashamed, I found her annoying...I could care less what she and Chris do at this point, Iam not a HUGE fan of either music...so

Rihanna has coat over her head, Chris ain't ducking

Driving to the airport..
Exactly, why is she hiding? If she loves him so much then why not flaunt it? She shouldn't be concerned about what her fans think now, she made her choice, her career will forever be tied to this moment. He seems perfectly smug...

And I know people are calling them kids but I am the same age as Rihanna, and trust...21 yr. olds have brains that work normally.

02-03-2009
front row

I really think her career is over now or at least on its way to be O V E R. She should ask whitney houston if it helped her career being with Bobby Brown!

02-03-2009
front row

What a fool...a great couple after all perhaps

02-03-2009
rising star

I don't see violence as a feminist issue. Where I come from I've seen
MANY violent women (my mother included) who are violent to other women AND men. I think society itself has grown tolerant violence. We glorify it movies and music.

"Over the past 25 years, leading sociologists have repeatedly found that men and women commit domestic violence at similar rates. http://www.ncfmla.org/dv_data.html

I think it's dangerous for any group to make this "their" issue. Everybody need to come together and make all forms of violence taboo whether it be domestic, child abuse, drive by shootings, homicide,gang violence,etc. When one form of violence becomes tolerated or ignored it hurts us all.
We need a ZERO tolerence policy on violence.

Regarding Chris brown, he NEEDS to be prison. This is unacceptable and sends a bad message to both of their fan bases. Chris witnessing abuse is NO Excuse. All my life I witnesed my mother abuse my father and I was a victim of child abuse, however, does NOT give me any exuse to beat up on people. I HATE it when people who have been abused use that as an exuse or get sympathy for their own abusive actions My mother tried that same load of crap. He needs help, no doubt, but first he needs to be punished. Oh, and won't it be fantastic if they make a hit song together out of this ordeal

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
arrested, brown, chris, domestic, sentenced, violence