How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-01-2009
front row

He is one of my favorite comedians. I bet this Oscar Ceremony is going to be edgy to say the least, lololol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarpea View Post
Chris Rock to Be Host of Academy Awards

By ANTHONY BREZNICAN, AP Entertainment Writer

LOS ANGELES - The Oscars (news - web sites) have a piece of the Rock. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (news - web sites) on Thursday announced Chris Rock will host the next Academy Awards (news - web sites) telecast.

Rock, who's been in the films "Head of State" and "Dogma," is best known for his standup comedy specials "Bigger & Blacker," "Bring the Pain" and "Never Scared."

Rock, 39, has previously hosted the MTV's Movie Awards.

"I am a huge fan of Chris Rock," said Gil Cates, the producer of the Oscars telecast. "He always makes me laugh and he always has something interesting to say. Chris represents the best of the new generation of comics. Having him host the Oscars is terrific."

The one-time "Saturday Night Live" regular has won three Emmys for his TV programs and two Grammys (news - web sites) for his comedy albums. Rock currently is shooting a remake of "The Longest Yard" with Adam Sandler and recently provided the voice of the zebra in the animated feature "Madagascar," both to be released in May 2005. His other film credits include "Pootie Tang," "Bad Company," "Down to Earth" and "Nurse Betty."

The 77th Academy Awards telecast is set for Feb. 27.

18-01-2009
front row

I personally don't think Chris Rock is a great choice as a host but then again, this event somehow deserves a big turning point from being a boring show of long speeches & self-promotions.

i like last year's show though.

19-01-2009
backstage pass

i think that's an old article non? from the first post..

anyways hugh jackman is hosting this year's oscars.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chris, host, oscars, rock