How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-10-2010
V.I.P.

Christina Aguilera and music exec Jordan Bratman Are Over

That "DING DING DING" sound is a blind item finding its answer. UsWeekly, TMZ and everybody else is saying that Bat Boy is no longer hanging upside down over Xtina's bed at night. Xtina and Bat Boy's marriage is now lying in the morgue right next to the marriages of Ben Harper & Laura Dern and Courtney Cox & David Arquette. The Fall of Divorces is the new Summer of DEATH!

A source tells UsWeekly that Christina Aguilera and Jordan Bratman quit each other months ago, “They were very much in love. But over the last six months, it *became clear they were more like friends than husband and wife.”

Xtina and Bat Boy married 5 years ago and they have a 2-year-old son named Max together.

Well, on a positive note, at least Bat Boy doesn't have to spend hours scrubbing oil-based red lip paint off of his peen every day.
dlisted

12-10-2010
V.I.P.

Christina Aguilera and music exec Jordan Bratman have been separated for a few months, according to reports.

“They were very much in love,” an insider tells Us Weekly. “But over the last six months, it *became clear they were more like friends than husband and wife… [Christina even] proposed their August trip to Italy to *rekindle their relationship, but it didn’t help.

Adds the insider, “[Their 2-year-old son Max] is their main concern… Christina is doing her best to be a great mom. She has a lot to *juggle, but she’s learning how to make it work and balance it all.”

Christina, 29, and Jordan, 33, met in 2002 and wed in 2005.

justjared

rising star

Wow, Christina has really fallen off... no one even cares that she's separating from her husband.

I don't know why but I saw this coming....

V.I.P.

Tearful Christina Aguilera seeks solace in the arms of a friend as five-year marriage lies in tatters

Quote:
It's been the week of celebrity break-ups.

First Laura Dern and Ben Harper, then David Arquette and Courteney Cox and now Christina Aguilera has reportedly split from her husband of nearly five years, Jordan Bratman.

The 29-year-old Grammy Award winner was seen in a tearful embrace with a good friend earlier today as the news broke that she has separated from her 33-year-old music executive husband.

With her blonde, unruly curls covered by a brown cap, Christina was looking decidedly dressed down in sweat pants and a hooded cardigan as she emerged from a large white SUV and fell into the arms of a friend.

The news of the break-up broke earlier today with US Weekly being the first to report on the story.

'They have been separated for a few months,' a source close to Aguilera told the magazine. The source went on to say that the pair 'are now living apart and they will see how that goes,' but that they have not yet decided on whether they will divorce.

'They were very much in love,' explains the insider. 'But over the last six months, it *became clear they were more like friends than husband and wife.'

Aguilera once gushed about her husband: 'I start to cry when I think of all he has brought to my life. As a team, we make each other stronger, wiser...just better.'

The couple met in 2002 when Bratman was working at Azoff Music Management, which is Aguilera's management company.

Her manager Irving Azoff introduced the two to one another.

People magazine reported on Bratman's romantic proposal to Aguilera: 'On February 11, 2005, the couple were in a Carmel, California hotel room filled with rose petals, balloons, and gift boxes.

'Each box had a poem written by Jordan. When Christina opened the last box which had a ring in it, Jordan got down on one knee and said, "Will you do me the honour of being my wife?"'

Aguilera and Bratman had a sunset wedding in a tent near a forest on November 19, 2005 at Staglin Family Vineyard in northern California's Napa Valley.

The ceremony with about 130 guests was described as being lavish.

The wedding dress that Aguilera wore was designed by Christian Lacroix. She wore her hair pulled back in a bun and decorated in jewels and white flowers. The couple's wedding bands were designed by Stephen Webster of London.

The couple's marital problems may explain Christina's recent weight gain. Normally trim and toned, the What a Girl Wants singer appeared at a Hollywood party two weeks ago with a decidedly fuller figure.

A source told MailOnline at the time: 'It's bizarre Christina has put on so much weight as she's been doing lots of dancing and high energy work for [her upcoming movie], Burlesque.''The whole movie is choreography and she was very active so I'm surprised she's piled on the pounds so quickly'.

Christina has also been spotted out for some time now without her wedding ring.

However the pair are reportedly trying their hardest to remain on friendly terms for the sake of their two-year-old son, Max.

'Christina is doing her best to be a great mum,' says the insider. 'She has a lot to *juggle, but she’s learning how to make it work and balance it all.'

Christina is still keeping busy, though. She is currently working on the soundtrack for Burlesque, which opens in November.

In the film, Christina plays a small-town girl who ventures to LA and finds her place in a neo-burlesque club run by a former dancer - played by Cher.

Hopefully the movie will be successful as 2010 does not appear to have been a good year for Christina so far.

Along with her separation from Jordan, the singer released her fourth studio album Bionic earlier this year, but the record failed to impress and wasn't a hit with critics.

She also cancelled plans for a summer tour earlier this year which was rumoured to be because of poor ticket sales.

dailymail

13-10-2010
on the come up

I liked these two as a couple

13-10-2010
V.I.P.

ugh... that's so uncool. they were like a normal, good couple.

13-10-2010
trendsetter

lainey's take

Maybe she’s bored for a while

They were married when she was just 24. And marriage is hard enough without the craziness of celebrity. That they made is this far is an achievement. After all, with baby, that period post-partum, they’ve had their challenges.

Us Weekly
is reporting exclusively that Christina Aguilera and Jordan Bratman are over. Apparently, like Cox and Arquette, it’s been a few months now. They’re working out their money and custody issues, probably in that order.

Why?

Oh don’t forget, she may not have imploded as spectacularly as Britney Spears but it’s not like they’re not the same in that way. They grew up in that fame bubble. They’re nuts. And there’s boredom and unquenchable curiosity and boundary issues and temptation and particularly for her right now that fear that she’s over, that in the age of Lady Gaga, there might not be any room for her anymore.

What are the odds of success in maintaining a marriage in the face of all that?

Nothing like a new flirtation anyway to invigorate a career. And save it with the lack of compassion accusation. She sold her wedding and baby photos. I mean, isn’t that the game we’re playing here?

http://www.laineygossip.com/Christin...atID=0&CelID=0

13-10-2010
V.I.P.

Oh no They seemed such a great couple, not like some of the other Hollywood couples..

13-10-2010
Deep Red Bells

He is always said to be a music producer but does he produce her work?

I always found their wedding to be one of the tackiest I'd ever seen but this is sad news.

V.I.P.

^No, he doesn't produce her work and there has always been speculation that he's sort of shady and isn't actually as important as he claims to be. Apparently he only chatted up Christina because he had a bet going with some of his friends (Dallas Austin - who's had a fling with X-Tina and publically badmouthed her afterwards - being one of them). He's not even attractive or anything. But still, X-Tina seemed very happy with him and I'm so sorry for her that things didn't work out.

Last edited by Psylocke; 13-10-2010 at 11:42 AM.
13-10-2010
oh! darling

No surprises here.

tfs star

2010 is not her year. First, her album flops. Then her marriage fails (or might). I hope her Burlesque film is a hit or this will be a year she never wants to remember.

Didn't see this one coming at all. They were together for more than 8 years (since the Stripped days). And she always talked about how in love she was with him. The Back to Basics album is all about how marriage changed her ("Save Me from Myself", "Ain't No Other Man", "The Right Man").

Jordan is a manager for music artists. He did a bachelor's degree in business management and has represented Dallas Austin. He worked for Christina's manager, Irving Azoff, which is how they met (I think). He also does things like connect advertisers to musical artists, which earns the artist money. So he is involved in marketing and advertising but in a musical sense.

13-10-2010
on the come up

I liked Jordan because of Ain't No Other Man

13-10-2010
V.I.P.

Has it actually been confirmed yet? It's so sad, she definitely talked about him like she was absolutely in love so it was a little unexpected.

14-10-2010
tfs star

She just filed for divorce today. From TMZ.com:

Quote:
Aguilera cited "irreconcilable differences" in her divorce petition, which was filed today.

The petition says there is a prenup. The divorce petition asks that "Earnings and accumulations of [Aguilera] before marriage, during marriage and from and after the date of separation" be considered separate property.

Aguilera, who is represented by disso-queen Laura Wasser, lists the date of separation as September 11, 2010.

The petition also seeks to terminate Bratman's ability to get child support.

Aguilera is seeking joint physical and legal custody of their child, Max, who is 2.

Sources connected with the couple tell TMZ the marriage fell apart after Aguilera allegedly cheated on Bratman. Aguilera's side refused comment.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
aguilera, bratman, christina, exec, jordan, music