How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-05-2006
trendsetter

I'm just saying, I don't believe anything that comes out of Mariahs mouth. She's known of being fake and she's most likely doing it right now. The bitch is crazy.. deal with it.

But the story is sooo old people will start making a huge deal about it. Lets just forget the damn subject and move on.

Christina does look great though.

16-05-2006
tfs star

Lmao @ Style_Savy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fabulous
I'm just saying, I don't believe anything that comes out of Mariahs mouth. She's known of being fake and she's most likely doing it right now. The bitch is crazy.. deal with it.

But the story is sooo old people will start making a huge deal about it. Lets just forget the damn subject and move on.

Christina does look great though.

Lmao! I'm just saying that you are a Stan...deal with it.

trendsetter

What the hell is a Stan to begin with?

It must be better than being a Lamb, thats fo sho!

16-05-2006
V.I.P.

Can someone tell me what exactly a stan is?

edit: whats a lamb?

haha I feel quite silly

Zen
V.I.P.

This is just so stupid....both of them are old enough to know better, to act mature. Obviously they aren't mature....so childish if any of this is true....

16-05-2006
trendsetter

Style_Savy.. a lamb is an obsessed MC fan. lol They're kind of psycho.

16-05-2006
tfs star

@ Fo Sho'.

A Stan is that of an obsessive fan, one who sees no wrong in the celeb(s) that they adore. Sorta like the label that some of the "Lambs" get (rightfully so I'm not gonna get into that though...they might be watching me. ).

trendsetter

No, seriously.. i'm a Christina fan, but I do see her faults aka the dirrty video, the maxim shoots, the marilyn attire with the full on red lipstick that makes me cringe whenever I see it..(not the GQ shoot, she looked stunning). But when it comes to Mariah Carey, I know she overracts to everything.

Haha.. celebrities are so stupid sometimes though.

17-05-2006
scenester

You really need to be some kind of class-less artist to attack super stars lie that. First of all, it's called respect. And if you want to criticize them for something they did to you, no need to do it 3 years after the facts. Christina may think she's better than anyone and can criticize stars of her "generation" like Britney, Kelly Osbourne & co but she's trying to hard with Mariah. And anyway Mariah killed her with her answer.

Someone said in this topic that Mariah hate female stars younger than her and don't take pictures with. Well, there are pictures of Mariah with Kelly Clarkson, Beyoncé, Alicia Keys, Britney, ... . She even invited Lindsay to one of her party in her apartment.

17-05-2006
backstage pass

**ADMIN EDIT**

Reason: PROFANITY!

Last edited by *AndoraStar*; 19-05-2006 at 10:06 AM.
17-05-2006
trendsetter

^ and Mariah is any different?

The real quote:
"I think Kelly Clarkson has a really powerful voice," she says. "She's really good. And when I met her, she was a real sweetheart. Some of these girls, like even Lindsay Lohan, when I run into them they're so complimentary, saying how they grew up listening to me and all this. And I forget, I mean, I feel young still, but these girls are even younger.
But I never want to get to the place where I'm so...I dunno, diva-ed out for people that have admired me to be around me." Like it was for Aguilera to be around say, Mariah Carey. "She was never cool to me," she says, "to the point that one time we were at a party and I think she got really drunk, and she had just really derogatory things to say to me in front of..." she trails off. "but it was at that time that she had that breakdown, so she might have been very medicated."

- GQ Magazine.

Last edited by Mr. Fabulous; 17-05-2006 at 06:37 AM.
17-05-2006
Fashionably Late

This will be great for the new season of Celebrity Deathmatch.

17-05-2006
front row

I believe Christina totally. Mariah has been rumored several times to be threatened by up-and-coming female artists.

Also, Mariah appears to have the mentality of a child. A mature adult would not have responded or acknowledged Christina's negative comments.

Several years ago, Cosmo had reported that Mariah and friends had been throwing ice cubes at a new female singer (Samantha Cole) in a nightclub in NYC. A couple of years later, I met Samantha's brother and he did indeed confirm the story.

17-05-2006
User Friendly

Break break dowwwwnnn...

I love Mariah.. but I believe Christina.. I believe her story in GQ and Mariah is trying to clean up her side of the story and Christina probably doesn't want to escalate the situation so she backed down.. simple enough.

Like any of this matters anyway..

And about Christina saying this for publicity.. maybe its true.. but then again you have to notice that celebs usually only do interviews in the first place (magazines, talk shows) when they are promoting a movie or an album.. so that naturally gives more for the press to blow up into "feuds"

And if that ice cube story is true then Mariah totally needs to grow up.... she's like 60 now right? (ok ok I'm kidding.. she like 30something.. but my point is she should be a lot lot lot more mature) This is not how a "legend" should act

Last edited by CharlottefromCA; 17-05-2006 at 10:44 PM.
18-05-2006
tfs star

@ The "ice cube" story. *smdh* There are no words....

Anyways, I don't believe a damn word Christina said about Mariah. Retracting back about my statement that Christina was invited to one of Mariah's party which is what I and many others had believed- clearly that wasn't the case yet Christina still got in.

This situation took place in 2003 (2 years after Mariah's physical & emotional breakdown) at a time when Christina was still going through her "Dirrty" phase and had admitted that alcohol was her vice.

Soon after Mariah's Blue Diamond Party, tabloid stories surfaced that Christina had been acting a damn fool & was drunk out of her mind (see below). Which wouldn't surprise me...

From January 2003:

Mariah Warns Christina About Battle With Booze

Mariah Carey has reached out to Christina Aguilera to urge the hard partying pop tart to seek help before she spirals into a full-blown alcohol and partying addiction. She told XXX-Tina, "You're going to end up burned out at 30, like I was!" The scene happened at the party Mariah tossed after the American Music Awards, where Aguilera got so plowed that she nearly lost her skimpy top. Mariah played big sister to the younger diva, begging her not to buckle under the pressures and temptations of young stardom that Mariah herself nearly flamed out on. Carey ordered her handlers to sneak the drunken Aguilera past photographers by covering her with a towel. Even while covered up, Christina continued boozing under the towel! But her cover was blown when her glass slipped and shattered on the sidewalk outside.

Source: Popdirt.com

But in general (leaving out the assumptions)... The way I view the situation is that it was not only catty as hell to bring up ones past problems (not to mention Christina herself had a mini breakdown yet one that wasn't as interesting to get full on press) but I find her once again bringing up another artist to garner interest in herself (ie~ promotional gain) as being pathetic.

Its interesting that she blasted Eminem in her 'Can't Hold Us Down' song (he deserved it though) with the lines ~ Slandering names for popularity... its sad that you only get your fame through controversy. When she herself has decided to wallow in that gutter... once again.

Last edited by Libra Skye18; 18-05-2006 at 09:15 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
aguilera, carey, christina, mariah, slams