How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-05-2006
Zen
V.I.P.

So much drama.....

18-05-2006
backstage pass

*ADMIN EDIT** I find it hilarious that she says she doesn't want to be too much of a diva around up-and-comers who admire her, yet she has no problem acting like she's royalty around established stars. A few years ago, Mary J. Blige went to say hi to Christina, and Christina stuck out her hand in a way to suggest that MJB should kiss it. (MJB confirmed in an interview that this happened). **ADMIN EDIT**

Reason: PROFANITY

Last edited by *AndoraStar*; 19-05-2006 at 11:07 AM.
18-05-2006
backstage pass

P.S. LOL @ that Samantha Cole story. Apparantly, she's a psycho and a complete Mariah carey fanatic. The stories I heard about her trying so hard to be and act like Mariah are just... wow. If I was Mariah, I would have thrown bottles.

18-05-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaLove
Christina Aguilera is a ho. And stupid one too. I find it hilarious that she says she doesn't want to be too much of a diva around up-and-comers who admire her, yet she has no problem acting like she's royalty around established stars. A few years ago, Mary J. Blige went to say hi to Christina, and Christina stuck out her hand in a way to suggest that MJB should kiss it. (MJB confirmed in an interview that this happened). WTF?! What the hell does this little tart think she's doing, acting like a little try-hard diva around someone like Mary J. Blige?
LMFAO. Sorry, but i would have loved to see Mary's face when that happened.

19-05-2006
V.I.P.

Christina just needs to learn her place. Regardless what Mariah said, Mariah's a DIVA and she was established well before Christina even did the Mickey Mouse Club.

There are certain women that have just established themselves already, and no matter what the MEDIA might say about them, these younger artists need to keep their yaps shut. Mariah, Madonna, Whitney.

Whitney has become a total joke in recent years, but you still NEVER hear any actual singers say anything negative about her. They know their place -- she paved the way for all these "power vocalists" like Christina, Kelly, Beyonce, even Mariah. The Enquirer can tear Whitney to shreds every week (and lord knows they do) but at least the people in the actual industry have more respect than that.

I loved when Christina performed a tribute to Whitney, when she won the "Lifetime Achievement" award at the BET Awards.

Whitney was like, "You know, Christina. I like you. (*insert Christina's surprised expression*) No, really! I mean it! I do! That was the best version of 'Run To You' I've heard -- aside from my own."

That's how a diva handles herself. Point is, Christina ain't even CLOSE to reaching the status of these women, so she needs to learn her place and shut the Hell up!

Team Mariah!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra Skye18

Its interesting that she blasted Eminem in her 'Can't Hold Us Down' song (he deserved it though) with the lines ~ Slandering names for popularity... its sad that you only get your fame through controversy. When she herself has decided to wallow in that gutter... once again.
Please lets not compare Eminems horrendous slandering of females in pop culture to Christina's little temper tantrums. It's not like she's written a song and is gonna sing it for the next decade or so.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by style_savy
Please lets not compare Eminems horrendous slandering of females in pop culture to Christina's little temper tantrums. It's not like she's written a song and is gonna sing it for the next decade or so.
Actually me comparing both situations is quite fair in a general sense, since they both have/are using controversy to gain an interest in themselves.

Clearly Eminem's comments have been more slanderous but it doesn't change the fact that Christina has taken a page out of his notebook. Whether one wants to call it a mini tantrum or not is their (your) prerogative but talking **** about others in national magazines can have the same effect if not more as one singing a song for a decade or so.

fashion icon

Please keep this thread civilised. Thank you.

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaLove
If I was Mariah, I would have thrown bottles.
ROFL. That made my day.

19-05-2006
Day Dreaming

Please keep this forum clean!
Profanity is prohibited on tFS.com
We pride ourselves with Intergrity, style and class. Please post with this in mind.

Thank you,
The Team Leaders

backstage pass

you guys, isn't it obvious christina is using mariah for her promotion? if i was christina i would do that as well, because there is noone hotter than mariah right now.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
aguilera, carey, christina, mariah, slams