How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-12-2009
backstage pass

I do not believe that changes..

Last edited by I_love_NY; 18-12-2009 at 06:35 AM.

18-12-2009
front row

i'm sure we're going to hear plenty more from courney about this! i thought courtney just bought fbc a townhouse in new york a few weeks ago.

18-12-2009
Riot Bug

wow this is really terrible...

C. has deal with a lot of stuff... & so her daughter... i mean Kurt is dead! & his image is been exploited still ALOT... Every average family could be a mess... add to that a money legacy & you will get toooons of trouble.

Pretty sad... I think C. keep on a lot for her daughter... but I guess must be her daughter could be sooo crazy. its terrible when in fact shes going to turn 18 soonish but i guess she's not a baby anymore & also has to protect herself & do the best for what his father would do for her no matter what... Kids are first!!!

V.I.P.

Quote:
I think C. keep on a lot for her daughter... but I guess must be her daughter could be sooo crazy
It's quite the opposite.

18-12-2009
V.I.P.

It's really sad that she can't get herself together.. though I always thought Courtney & Frances seemed quite close. How can she write words like that about her own daughter?

They were leafing through your hair
18-12-2009
tfs star

SHOCKING!
anyway, frances bean is old enough to take care of herself now.

20-12-2009
raj
front row

I always thought that they had a close relationship...guess not.

20-12-2009
V.I.P.

^me too. i guess i've lost some passages..

20-12-2009
V.I.P.

Well when you attack your daughter on Facebook it doesn't exactly scream maturity.

Apparently she is dipping into her daughters money from Kurt Cobain to do whatever it is she is doing to herself.

fashion icon

Iam not surprised

V.I.P.

Courtney's deleted her Facebook account over the weekend. I suppose it's only a matter of time before we hear more half-lucid mentally unstable rants elsewhere...perhaps tumblr?

21-12-2009
V.I.P.

^Doesn't she have a twitter also?

V.I.P.

She just signed up again. She did have one that she deleted before she went to Facebook.

21-12-2009
V.I.P.

Oh good grief, get ready for some 3am rants.

Instead of twittering or facebooking about her daughter maybe she should take progressive steps to better herself and have a healthy relationship with her. Just a thought.

V.I.P.

^I agree.

From spinner.com
Quote:
Courtney Love planned Christmas for daughter before custody hearing

Since Courtney Love lost custody of her 17-year-old daughter, Frances Bean Cobain, the tabloids have predictably made a series of accusations about their relationship. The night before that Dec. 11 court hearing in Los Angeles, Spinner sat down with Love in her New York apartment. During the several hours we spent with her, the Hole singer discussed her relationship with Frances, motherhood and what she thought would be a merry Christmas spent with her daughter.

"For Christmas, you'll note the blinking lights, you'll note the wreaths -- that's because Frances is rolling in here day after tomorrow. She just texted me, 'No way am I getting on a JetBlue plane.' She's so my daughter," Love said. "She went to see her grandma for Thanksgiving. I'm really impressed with her because Wendy [O'Connor, Kurt Cobain's mother] fell down the stairs and hurt herself. Frances stayed an extra week to nurse Wendy, which is really cool of her. I was really impressed with that."

Love's camp says the hearing was unexpected, which certainly gibes with Love's excitement that evening. Had Frances returned to New York, she would have found a huge surprise in store for her. "[There's this] quaint, lovely West Village house that I'm getting her for Christmas," Love said. "I blindfold her, take her to the house, hand her the mortgage. I am so excited to buy her a house. It's the biggest thing I've ever done."

Though Love was very open with us that night, she primarily kept her relationship with her daughter private, perhaps owing to what she calls her "fierce maternal instinct."

However, she did talk about the influence Frances has had on her. "On 'Celebrity Skin,' I wrote 'Heaven Tonight' for Frances. She was a little girl. Now she's a big girl and she demands more attention and strength. As a little dainty, beautiful baby I just worshipped her, but now she's at an age where we fight, where sometimes she hates me, sometimes I get really mad at her," Love said. "It's like, 'Oh, you must be a bad mother.' No, I'm not a bad mother. I am a very good mother. In fact, I am an extremely good mother, but I am by no means a perfect mother. I'm a thorough mother because I've seen horrible things that other mothers have done."

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
courtney, custody, daughter, loses, love