How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-04-2014
V.I.P.

Where do Dolce & Gabbana get off criticizing anyone for not being a "designer?" First of all, not everyone can be a Galliano or McQueen. Second of all, maybe if they hadn't sent down the same collection the last five years and counting they could have had some ground on which to stand. I man, really?

As for that Jenny McCarthy story. IMO, she comes out as a bitch (when doesn't she though?). Her boyfriend just shoved someone and she's surprised that it wouldn't go well with person being shoved? Shoving people is not an ok behavior whether it's a famous designer or just a random person.

05-04-2014
V.I.P.

That McCarthy/Gabbana story is nuts. But I wouldn't have sent an apology if I was Dolce. It's Jenny McCarthy, not Madonna.

08-04-2014
front row

I was reading a biography on the Versace family in the bookstore, unfortunately I forget the name of it. Donnatella and Gianni often butted heads a lot. Gianni was EXTREMELY disappointed with Donnatella introducing Stella Tennant and Erin O'Connor to be used during the shows and what not. He preferred the more feminine figured girls like Claudia and Naomi. HE apparently said 'Get rid of them, I don't want them"! Also Donnatella would secretly tell the seamstresses to lower the hemlines on the dresses.

V.I.P.

Since we don't have a Designer Behavior thread, I figured this was as close as it gets.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ive-lover.html

the part about him throwing a baked potato at Madonna's head - oh what I wouldn't give to be a fly on that wall! But why was she at an Elton John party, don't they hate each other?

29-07-2014
.my prison is your brain.

Ah, but we do, moved your post here

I find this so disrespectful of the Daily Mail, the man is dead, let him RIP.

29-07-2014
front row

Quote:
Olivier Rousteing is "happy" that Balmain is copied by Zara

Zara is seen as something of a saviour to fans of high-end fashion with a shoe-string budget. In fact, it often turns around catwalk copies before the originals have even hit the rails - a source of scorn for many designers, but not Olivier Rousteing of Balmain

The creative director admires the high street chain's ability to mimick his designs, calling them "genius".

He told The Independent "I think it was Coco Chanel who said if you're original, be ready to be copied."

He explained that he's "happy that Balmain is copied."

"I love seeing a Zara window with my clothes mixed with Céline and Proenza [Schouler]! I think that's genius.

"It's even better than what I do! I love the styling, I love the story... I watch the windows always, and it's genius what they do today."

You and us both, Olivier - we're counting down the hours until lookalikeys of his warrior-esque pleated dresses drop in the Zara windows.
I wonder how he feels about Balmain being copied by other designers? (*cough* Zuhair Murad *cough*)

Source:Glamour UK

Last edited by Lefemmenikita; 29-07-2014 at 01:38 PM.
29-07-2014
V.I.P.

Before I even finished reading your last sentence I immediately thought Zuhair too!

30-07-2014
front row

"It's even better than what I do!", "I think that's genius."

Not sure if they're sarcasm but if you say Zara's rip off is better than what you do, you should stop being a designer, seriously.

Last edited by Koibito; 30-07-2014 at 10:46 AM.
30-07-2014
V.I.P.

^ i think he is referring to the way they put the clothing together. Im sure he was being somewhat sarcastic though.

31-07-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
Ah, but we do, moved your post here

I find this so disrespectful of the Daily Mail, the man is dead, let him RIP.
That was a disgusting thing of Archie to do. And he did it 'to raise money for charity and move on with his life?' Please. What an awful person and a truly terrible friend.

On a side note, I can't believe Kate didn't even say thank you.

02-08-2014

from CDAN:

Quote:
Sometimes my math is a bit off, but I think that since Kanye West has married Kim Kardashian he has spent nearly three times as many days with Riccardo Tisci as he has with Kim. There are also reports that Riccardo spent some time in Ireland during the honeymoon which is one of the reasons Kim insisted they also go to Mexico to have some Riccardo free time. Kanye doesn't know such a thing. It is interesting that the only times Kanye has shown himself in public or semi-public in the past two months it has always had something to do with Riccardo. Those two really are best friends and at some point, no matter how careful you are, or how cute you think you are being there will be some drunk British A list model who takes a bunch of photos she shouldn't have taken and start sharing them with her husband's friends and her friends and the whole world starts talking about the pictures. You know, about the design collection or something. Just saying.

V.I.P.

Riccardo is sexy, I think Kanye has good taste

04-08-2014
fashion elite

It was so annoying seeing Riccardo's birthday plastered all over Instagram, like in this day and age he lives for a couple of Instagram likes, his party seemed like everyone was just posing for pics and tagging away.

Every model posted about his old and stale age, yeah he was a great designer at one point but now it seems like if you get him a bit of social media he will hire you. That's all it takes, the butt kissing was too much.

If Riccardo wasn't in the position he is in now, no body would be crazy about him.

Last edited by CommanderTMugler; 04-08-2014 at 03:28 AM.
04-08-2014
V.I.P.

so where is this picture?

04-08-2014
V.I.P.

I can't stand Riccardo anymore. He thinks he's some kind of modern day Andy Warhol with his annoying "cool gang". I guess hanging out with the Kardashians made him want to be an easy celebrity as well..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, behavior, designer, post, posting, read