Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior [Read post #1 before posting] - Page 34 - the Fashion Spot
 
How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
3 Weeks Ago
  496
front row
 
GivenchyAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: homme
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koibito View Post
I thought it was a very good news lol

They thought they're the iconoclasts who break the system or make some kind of revolution but all they're doing is just useless gimmick. I still can't digest their "fashion" and influence. Just can't.
agree with you ! Very happy to not see their useless, ugly fashion shows anymore. Now waiting for Kering to have their senses back and fire both Demna and Lotta

  Reply With Quote
3 Weeks Ago
  497
V.I.P.
 
Littleathquakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NJ
Gender: homme
Posts: 5,427
hahahaha the shade in this thread

  Reply With Quote
3 Weeks Ago
  498
trendsetter
 
EstefaniaAbaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by GivenchyAddict View Post
agree with you ! Very happy to not see their useless, ugly fashion shows anymore. Now waiting for Kering to have their senses back and fire both Demna and Lotta
Preach!

__________________
*MariaCarla Boscono*Lara Stone*Kristen McMenamy*Anna Ewers*Guinevere Van Seenus*
  Reply With Quote
3 Weeks Ago
  499
backstage pass
 
RedSmokeRise's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: United States
Gender: homme
Posts: 748
Well, I'm glad he's found his inner peace in "the most boring place in Europe"

Not too sure this will change anything. You just know the press will still eat up their presentations.

"Radical. Revolutionary. Rule-Breaking!"
"7 Ways Vetements is changing the face of fashion this season!"

  Reply With Quote
1 Week Ago
  500
backstage pass
 
AtticusFinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Gender: femme
Posts: 680
It say Dior wanted someone younger.
Marion is basically dead at 41. I mean that's the age women can buy the clothes independently. Far far too old for their ads.
How old will the next face be? Maybe 15? No still too old. 6?

  Reply With Quote
 
1 Week Ago
  501
rising star
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC
Gender: homme
Posts: 181
I want to share something that happened to me and my friends.

In the design industry Ralph Lauren would put on fake interviews so that recruiting agencies would send their best candidates to their interviews. Once the interview start, Ralph Lauren designers would take pictures of your portfolio. Ralph HR would send you to have interviews with all of their divisions in the company so that everyone would have a dip of your work FOR FREE. Then they would ask you to design a project, aka a small collection as a pitch to get the position. When the project is done they would either ask you for a copy or take pictures and you never hear from them again. This is a common practice that Ralph Lauren continues to employ. Why pay when you can put on fake interviews and get ideas at no cost, since candidates want to get the position so they obviously would only present their best work.

As their stock continues to slide, they have to come up with a way to get people to do work without having to pay a single penny.

  Reply With Quote
1 Week Ago
  502
trendsetter
 
Nomar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwn2n View Post
I want to share something that happened to me and my friends.

In the design industry Ralph Lauren would put on fake interviews so that recruiting agencies would send their best candidates to their interviews. Once the interview start, Ralph Lauren designers would take pictures of your portfolio. Ralph HR would send you to have interviews with all of their divisions in the company so that everyone would have a dip of your work FOR FREE. Then they would ask you to design a project, aka a small collection as a pitch to get the position. When the project is done they would either ask you for a copy or take pictures and you never hear from them again. This is a common practice that Ralph Lauren continues to employ. Why pay when you can put on fake interviews and get ideas at no cost, since candidates want to get the position so they obviously would only present their best work.

As their stock continues to slide, they have to come up with a way to get people to do work without having to pay a single penny.
Wow, I mean I don't have much work experience so I'm not really aware of these kinds of 'practices' but that is disgusting. Unfortunately this probably happens more often than we would like to think but other companies just use different methods for similar purposes. This makes me so angry and I'm sorry you and your friends had to go through that.

  Reply With Quote
6 Days Ago
  503
fashion icon
 
Scotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,179
Miley vs. Stefan Gabbana.




instagram

__________________
CHANELRESORT | MY YOUTUBE

Last edited by Scotty; 6 Days Ago at 05:20 AM.
  Reply With Quote
6 Days Ago
  504
fashion icon
 
Scotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,179
Miley's brother walked for their show and she congratulated him but also mentioned that she didn't agree with their company's policy and then he fired him.

__________________
CHANELRESORT | MY YOUTUBE
  Reply With Quote
6 Days Ago
  505
rising star
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Melbourne
Gender: homme
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Miley's brother walked for their show and she congratulated him but also mentioned that she didn't agree with their company's policy and then he fired him.
My god I just read more of Stefano's comments. He's like the Donald Trump of fashion when it comes to social media and ranting on about stuff.

  Reply With Quote
6 Days Ago
  506
V.I.P.
 
Benn98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bbbrrruummiiee
Gender: homme
Posts: 10,404
Wow, someone is in dire need of some Instagram weaning! It's a shame the Cyrus guy had to get dragged into this mess, but I'm sure he'll be flooded by offers now.

Status: Online
 
Reply With Quote
6 Days Ago
  507
V.I.P.
 
lelaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,689
Stefano is such a troll, it's ridiculous, I can't believe people would want to be associated with him anymore.

__________________
Le Laid
Follow me on Tumblr.
  Reply With Quote
6 Days Ago
  508
Fat Karl
 
dior_couture1245's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NY
Gender: homme
Posts: 7,519
I honestly think Stefano is hilarious on Instagram. Seriously a crack up.

And in regards to the Miley Cyrus incident - he's the owner of the business...it's his perogitive. He has every right to do as he pleases and work with whomever he wants to for whatever reason he sees fit. If the Cyrus's disagree with his point of view or politics, then why work with him in the first place? So hypocritical. So tired of the perpetually victimized activist narrative everyone loves playing out these days. Apparently - so is Stefano.

I'm so tempted to buy one of the #Boycott Dolce & Gabbana tees - they're so fabulous and probably the chicest thing they've designed in a decade!

  Reply With Quote
6 Days Ago
  509
V.I.P.
 
anlabe32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: femme
Posts: 7,495
Stefano is an idiot. He also comes off as really stupid which is weird if you run a multi million dollar company.

  Reply With Quote
5 Days Ago
  510
windowshopping
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: London
Gender: femme
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture1245 View Post
I honestly think Stefano is hilarious on Instagram. Seriously a crack up.

And in regards to the Miley Cyrus incident - he's the owner of the business...it's his perogitive. He has every right to do as he pleases and work with whomever he wants to for whatever reason he sees fit. If the Cyrus's disagree with his point of view or politics, then why work with him in the first place? So hypocritical. So tired of the perpetually victimized activist narrative everyone loves playing out these days. Apparently - so is Stefano.

I'm so tempted to buy one of the #Boycott Dolce & Gabbana tees - they're so fabulous and probably the chicest thing they've designed in a decade!
No one is denying that he has the right to reject people he disagrees with, but he could not have been more immature or childish about it. He has his views, whatever, but come on, does he need to be such an ***?

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, behavior, designer, fashion, insiders, post, posting, read
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2017 All rights reserved.