Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior [Read post #1 before posting] - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-10-2014
V.I.P.

But hasnt Karl made statements like that before?? I vaguely remember him talking about beautiful Russian models marrying ugly Russian guys or something??

Last edited by modelista; 13-10-2014 at 02:11 PM.
13-10-2014
V.I.P.

It wouldn't surprise me if he did. Karl makes some pretty quotable comments. I remember when he was defending the use of fur and saying if we didn't kill these wild beasts, they'd kill us first LOL.

18-10-2014
Some Like It Hot

That clip of Karl has been edited down an incredible amount, you can see that has been taken out of context... or that is my suspicion anyway.

20-11-2014
V.I.P.

From Marie-Amelie Sauvé's Instagram, how shady

Quote:
Détail of the Balenciaga fall 2010 par Nicolas Ghesquiere @nicolasghesquiereofficial #whenBalenciagawascool

instagram/marieameliesauve

we are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams. wandering by lone sea breakers and sitting by desolate streams. world losers and world forsakers, on whom the pale moon gleams. yet we are the movers and shakers of the world for ever it seems
20-11-2014
V.I.P.

oh the shade, the shade of it all! [/Latrice Royale]

20-11-2014
V.I.P.

^ oh gosh

21-11-2014
V.I.P.

Hahaha, this made my day! And they cannot touch Nicolas because he didn't post it, she did!

01-01-2015
V.I.P.

Nicolas is super mean in Instagram. He blocked me just because I tagged a friend and told him I didn't enjoy something (and he's my favourite designer, but I'm not biased...). Today, another friend told me Nicolas blocked him because he said the new campaign was not very good. It's incredible.

He must have too many time to read every comment the 1st day of the year and start blocking who doesn't think everything he does is genius.

01-01-2015
trendsetter

I think he still misses the Balenciaga job immensely. The #WhenBalenciagaWasCool has been going on for a WHILE, long before Marie-Amelie posted it, and Nicolas happens to like almost every single one he's tagged in..

V.I.P.

does he run his instagram though? Sometimes these online presence is just an assistant or manager running it in the celebrity's place. But if he's that mean and totalitarian where voices of dissent cannot be tolerated, it just goes to show how far up their own asses and completely out of touch with reality these people are. A good friend will tell you you look bad, a bad one will let you walk out of the house looking like mess. Sometimes these people need an unflattering comment to set them back on course and if they can't accept that, I can't feel bad for them when their world implodes and the ones who only stood by for their own gains are now long gone.

02-01-2015
V.I.P.

It is so very disheartening to hear all this, and from Nicolas! True, most of the times a minion is usually in charge of the social media platform, but he's kept in the loop with the comments etc. Probably this minion got strict instructions to remove any negative comments from the feed. But the way they go about it is quite vile. 'Block' all negative views? Can you imagine how severely the fashion critic will suffer?

21-01-2015
V.I.P.

Interesting story on Karl's background
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Diet-Coke.html

Last edited by modelista; 21-01-2015 at 08:04 PM.
22-01-2015
army of lovers

That Karl story is just so sad and bizarre.

22-01-2015
V.I.P.

He's a bizarre man, but she's a sweet soul. I hope he visits her before either of their time on this earth is up. Family is the most important thing a person can have.

23-01-2015
V.I.P.

Quote:
Mrs Johnson, 83, remains hopeful that her brother will one day visit her blue collar hometown of Portland to meet his great nieces and nephews for the first time.
Why DM had to say this, I don't know.It is a rather sad situation though. The mushy, sentimentalist in me wants them to make up, and Karl treat her to a fun makeover.

P.S. One can see she's from the Lagerfeld clan, that purple streak at her age says it all.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, behavior, designer, fashion, insiders, post, posting, read