Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior [Read post #1 before posting] - Page 41 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-10-2017
V.I.P.

Disgusting comments and I do hope that models, editors and designers distance themselves from her. Funny, I remember Rose McGowan sitting front row twice at Donna Karan shows and wearing her label several times to public events. Curious if Donna thinks that she was asking for it with Winstein, considering that she seemed to be a big fan of the brand.

10-10-2017
#Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergreen View Post
Does anyone else see parallelisms between Weinstein and Georgina Chapman and Donald and Melania? I mean, they even look alike; it's kind of creepy.
Had a very similar thought earlier today, yes

10-10-2017
V.I.P.

Georgina is leaving, according to People:
Quote:
“My heart breaks for all the women who have suffered tremendous pain because of these unforgivable actions. I have chosen to leave my husband. Caring for my young children is my first priority and I ask the media for privacy at this time,” Chapman says in a statement to PEOPLE.
people.com

10-10-2017
tfs star

I am someone that flutters in and out of the outer circles of the fashion industry and I have long heard whispers of Weinstein’s reputation, so I find it very hard to believe that Georgina did not. Her statement rings hollow for me; shame and possible protection of her brand made her leave him, not empathy for the victims.

10-10-2017
#Resist

^ So what would you write if you were her PR person?

"After many years of living high on the hog with my morals-free husband while turning a blind eye to his behavior, now that the New York Times has exposed said behavior for all to see, and multiple A-list actresses have come forward publicly to confirm the facts, I can no longer claim to be ignorant of them. Plus, he is down and out, unemployed, and will be an utter drag. All that being the case, I am seeking a divorce now, and will absolutely continue to live high on the hog. However, I would very much like you to think the best of me, and not ask me any uncomfortable questions. Great, thanks."
Save

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 10-10-2017 at 10:16 PM.

10-10-2017
everything sucks!

Please, she knew. People who aren't even in the business knew about it

I created a Weinstein thread, by the way. Today many actresses including Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow have discussed their encounters with him. Audio of him demanding a model watch him shower has come out too

10-10-2017
V.I.P.

^ I totally agree. I just talked to a friend who's been working in a punk rock bar in the East Village for years (so certainly not where Weinstein goes for after work drinks) and even he had heard about his disgustingness multiple times. Hard to believe Georgina, or the Clintons, or the Obamas, or Meryl, have not.

Last edited by sore; 10-10-2017 at 10:36 PM.
10-10-2017
everything sucks!

Upon second thought it's possible that Georgina (and maybe their children) were victims of his abuse too, it's not unheard of for that behavior and abuse to continue at home. Sure she probably knew, but she may have been receiving it herself.

10-10-2017
The future is stupid

They all knew.
Hollywood fiercely protects their own.

11-10-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ So what would you write if you were her PR person?

"After many years of living high on the hog with my morals-free husband while turning a blind eye to his behavior, now that the New York Times has exposed said behavior for all to see, and multiple A-list actresses have come forward publicly to confirm the facts, I can no longer claim to be ignorant of them. Plus, he is down and out, unemployed, and will be an utter drag. All that being the case, I am seeking a divorce now, and will absolutely continue to live high on the hog. However, I would very much like you to think the best of me, and not ask me any uncomfortable questions. Great, thanks."
Save
Honestly, it would be refreshing to see such brutal honesty. All it's missing is a plea to continue wearing her knock-off designs on the red carpets, now that her ex isn't muscling unfortunate actresses to wear her creations.

11-10-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sore View Post
^ I totally agree. I just talked to a friend who's been working in a punk rock bar in the East Village for years (so certainly not where Weinstein goes for after work drinks) and even he had heard about his disgustingness multiple times. Hard to believe Georgina, or the Clintons, or the Obamas, or Meryl, have not.
Agreed. Gwyneth says she told Brad and he confronted Harvey about it, but Matt Damon and George Clooney are trying to claim they knew nothing? They have all been friends for a loong time, there is no way they didn't know. Rose just called Ben Affleck out for saying he didn't know when actually he talked to her about it when it happened.

11-10-2017
fashion icon

This story is both disturbing and discusting.
I think that a lot of people actually knew but sometimes it's just too big to believe.
When such a high figure in politics and entertainment is involved with this kind of subjects, a lot of people will whisper but unless there are proof, no one will dare to say anything.

Georgina must have known that her husband had some weird manners towards women but i can believe that she didn't know about everything. Who was brave enough to tell her all that?

This story will show the hypocrisy of Hollywood which in fact has been so vocal about telling people how to behave. I hope that a lot of people will continue to speak.

11-10-2017
V.I.P.

Yeah sorry but Georgina gets no sympathy from me. She knew about his ways, probably not the whole thing and all the gross details that are being exposed, but she knew well enough to make a good character judgment on the man she was sleeping next to. But everything was still a "secret", his name and reputation was still intact, he helped her set up Marchesa and get actresses to wear her dresses on red carpets, so she looked the other way. But now that the house of cards crumbled down she wants to act shocked and bail out of it? Please...

11-10-2017
V.I.P.

Gotta love women defending women.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b01df09b77445f

(Not that I expect much decency from Lohan, but this is in poor taste even for her standards.)

11-10-2017
V.I.P.

^ I wouldn't try to rationalize the judgement of someone that's spent the last 10-15 years damaging her cognitive reasoning with chemicals.

Am I the only person left on earth that had absolutely no clue on the Weinstein-Marchesa connection and was always genuinely surprised by how oddly popular it was in Hollywood despite the way it looked? .. things make so much sense now.. the label skyrocketed around the same time started dating him.. I feel so naive haha.

Lifestyle and bling over basic codes? nah, no sympathy from me either.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, behavior, designer, fashion, insiders, post, posting, read