Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior [Read post #1 before posting] - Page 43 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-10-2017
V.I.P.

So these allegations have been following Richardson for years and most of the industry still continued to hire him and pretend like nothing is happening. But with the Weinstein scandal suddenly they will not hire him anymore? Sounds like they are more afraid of the backlash than anything else ....

V.I.P.

Good! Now Emmanuelle Alt can weep into her her pillow over that email. Other then VP and Vogue China, very few CN titles used him anyway so it's no big loss for them. Hearst is the biggest culprit, most notably US Harper's Bazaar.

24-10-2017
V.I.P.

Finally, but years too late, therefore they only seem to be concerned for themselves and not for the victims.

fashion icon

Yes, it's clear that they did it out of fear of backlash amid this Weinstein mess. But hey, I guess better late than never.

tfs star

Actually, I remember Vogue boycotting him years ago (2014, maybe) and quickly starting to use him again as soon as the sand settled. I believe that's what will happen again.

Also, he was seen partying and going out with Enninful (lol, of course he was) very recently amidst this resurgence of work. They were openly pushing for his comeback so this comes out as nothing more than vile hypocrisy to me.

Either way, even if it only lasts a few months, it is enough to keep him away for a while.

24-10-2017
#Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
Good! Now Emmanuelle Alt can weep into her her pillow over that email. Other then VP and Vogue China, very few CN titles used him anyway so it's no big loss for them. Hearst is the biggest culprit, most notably US Harper's Bazaar.
And Town & Country. He clearly has a friend at Hearst ...

27-10-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Hypebeast Partygoers Sustain Burns, Eye Damage From Sorayama Pop-Up

Instead of black lights, the venue had installed a type of UVC lighting used for disinfecting.

By Tiffany Ap on October 26, 2017

The party was to celebrate Hypebeast's collaboration with Japanese illustrator Hajime Sorayama.

HONG KONG — Guests who attended a Hypebeast party on Oct. 20 have reported painful burns and eye injuries, including concern over potential long-term damage to their vision, after being exposed to improper lighting at the streetwear site’s Club Sorayama pop-up.

Guests — upward of 60 people, according to local newspaper Apple Daily — said they are suffering from photokeratitis and peeling skin after being exposed to lighting at the party that is usually used for disinfectant purposes.

“I woke up at 3 a.m. basically four hours after the event with extreme pain in my eyes,” said James Acey, who DJ’ed at the event for three hours. “I couldn’t really see or open my eyes for too long. My eyes were watering. I was just confused and [later] I heard that other people were sunburnt from the party.”

After seeing a doctor, Acey was told he had “welder’s eye.”

“It’s basically exposure to UV rays, UVC rays in particular, without protection. So when you see someone flash welding, they’re using a mask. If they weren’t, this is the condition they would have,” he said.

Another attendee, Kitty Wong, said that her eyes are feeling strained and gritty — as if they have sand in them — nearly a week later. “My eyes are still kind of sore. It feels like I’ve been looking at a screen, but more intense.”

An investigation is under way, Hypebeast said in a statement, but the cause appears to be “nonapproved lighting in a part of the area in the venue without our knowledge”. It was installed by a contractor, the company said.

The company said it “places safety as our utmost priority” and urged guests to seek medical advice, adding they have sought out legal counsel.

“The case is now under investigation by the insurance company and we are not in a position at the moment to draw conclusions about what happened,” Hypebeast said.

The party at The Landmark mall was the second of three planned events for Hypebeast’s pop-up store, each featuring a different collaboration and exclusive merchandise, scheduled to run until the end of the year. The first was a partnership with photographic duo Places + Faces in August. Last Friday’s event featured the Japanese illustrator Hajime Sorayama, known for his erotic depictions of feminized robots, encompassing an in-store exhibition due to run until Nov. 5. The store has been shut down until further notice.

A source within Hypebeast, who requested anonymity, said the third event may not go ahead as staff were told to delete any trace of the pop-up dates from the company’s web site. However, a company spokeswoman said it was still planned as scheduled.

Acey has criticized the company’s slow response and is concerned about long-term damage to his vision. Told initially for days not much more than there was “an investigation” being carried out, Acey said he went back to the venue on Oct. 23, which was then still open, to personally examine the lighting. He found that instead of black lights, installed were Philips TUV 30W G30 T8 lights, a type that emits 12.0W of UVC radiation and is mainly used as a disinfectant.
The lights were a model from Philips TUV 30W G30 T8 meant to be used for disinfecting.

“Basically, it felt like they were covering it up, they wanted to take care of it quietly,” Acey said. “They said they were going to reach out to everybody one by one, which I knew wasn’t true, because there were people who were affected that they hadn’t reached out to. Rather than them make a public statement [initially], they were handling it in some hush-hush way.”

He continued: “We all who were affected by it kind of found each other and just been sharing our symptoms. Some people have flaky skin, their skin is peeling. My skin is peeling on my forehead, around my eyes. Because I’m black this is new to me, I don’t usually get sunburnt. It’s the handling of it [that bothers me]. A mistake was made; I don’t know if it was by HBX, Landmark or contractors.”

Share prices of Hypebeast Ltd., which listed earlier this year on Hong Kong’s GEM board, fell 2.4 percent Thursday.

Hong Kong Land, the landlord of The Landmark mall, did not respond to a request for comment by press time.
Source: WWD.com

27-10-2017
#Resist

Sometimes it's a beautiful thing to not be cool enough to be invited to events like this. My eyes and my skin are absolutely fine ...

27-10-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Sometimes it's a beautiful thing to not be cool enough to be invited to events like this. My eyes and my skin are absolutely fine ...
Lol, that's so you to say something like that!

I must admit I sometimes try to read Hypebeast (2/3 times a month), but then that whole Off-White/Gosha/streetstyle thing becomes too much to bear for me and I'm out.

The symptoms made me squirm though! A sensation of sand in your eyes, and being unable to get it out?? My idea of hell!

Last edited by Benn98; 27-10-2017 at 12:39 PM.

28-10-2017
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
The symptoms made me squirm though! A sensation of sand in your eyes, and being unable to get it out?? My idea of hell!
I suffer from chronic uveitis and during my first crisis I had that same feeling for almost a month. It was terrible, the worst I've ever felt in my life. I would wake up during the night crying thinking I could go blind anytime.

I do hope the people suffering from the burns sue the hell out of them. This is criminal and irresponsible. And the way the organizers are trying to run away from responsibility is disgusting.

fashion icon

Okay, she is completely out of it. So creepy with the smiling again.

https://twitter.com/GMA/status/924964325730566144

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodencebt View Post
Okay, she is completely out of it. So creepy with the smiling again.
Totally!

One can tell she's one of those old school fake fashion people. A disingenuous smile for literally a few seconds, then it instantly disappears.

Robin is a very handsome woman though....

30-10-2017
V.I.P.

I couldn’t get past the first few seconds because I wanted to slap all of those smiles off her face.

30-10-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapenerd View Post
I couldn’t get past the first few seconds because I wanted to slap all of those smiles off her face.
How about the crazy eyes at 1:50 ish, lol

31-10-2017
V.I.P.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...een-party.html

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, behavior, designer, fashion, insiders, post, posting, read