Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior [Read post #1 before posting] - Page 54 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
On the other hand if an editor cannot control a photographer that is acting inappropriately, I’m sorry but they should not have the top job, if they are unable to crate a safe environment they should go and work somewhere else more suited to their personality.
She's basically implying that nobody is prepared to back her up when she goes against the grain. Yet Lara Stone does so without any help?
You're right. She should just tell the photographer to sod off, but I fear she may be more concerned with the final result of the shoot. See her odd 'consolation.'

1 Week Ago
#Resist

Lara Stone has balls, which is what it takes. The whole system should be set up so that no one person has to 'control' anyone else ... and no one person has to re-enact Custer's last stand to stop abuse from happening.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Lara is in her own lane. Always had been, and will continue to do so. I'm not sure using her as an example (pro or con) makes that much of an argument. The problem is pervasive and it's clear the majority of models are not Lara-types to fight the system. And even then it's only because of the current Hollywood scandal that is helping to drive the movement in other industries, naturally fashion would be next.

1 Week Ago
don't look down

I always got the impression Lara had a love-hate relationship with modelling, which meant she didn't want success at all costs. Therefore she could tell someone to f off because she was OK with the idea of walking away, or the phone not ringing for her afterwards.

Other girls might believe being so blunt would really jeopardise their career and their connections, and feel inhibited about speaking up, because they don't want to lose out.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

She was also older than most when she started modelling so women such as Lara or Aymeline are likely secure enough in themselves to say no compared to a teenage girl.

1 Week Ago
backstage pass

Hypocrisy has reached another level in fashion. I can't believe Prabal did this shameful thing.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/...egnancy-me-too

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

I don't know if I believe that story. It just feels like it may be exaggerated just a bit. I can't put my finger on it.

1 Week Ago
#Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koibito View Post
Hypocrisy has reached another level in fashion. I can't believe Prabal did this shameful thing.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/...egnancy-me-too
I have no trouble believing it. Thanks for posting. Looks like he needs to achieve another level of woke ...

To make up that blaming crap about investors passing because of her appearance, oh my Lord ...

In my entire career, I've never been asked for a doctor's note ... but I provided one voluntarily when my manager called to question me because a couple people at work had said they didn't believe what happened to me. (What was she repeating it for anyway? Management 101 that you keep people's health issues confidential.) Yes, not everyone walks out their back door into a swarm of hostile Africanized bees, but it surely did happen to me I have always specialized in having non-ordinary problems

5 Days Ago
fashion icon

Prabal Gurung just sounds like the type of guy who feels like he has the right to call women "bitches" and call them out for their weight or their sex life just because he is gay. I've met many guys who behaved that way and always try to stay away from them. Their behavior is excused by many but it's clear that their "targets" are downright hurt by such comments and it's simply annoying to people around them. And clearly this leads to a toxic workplace because it blurs the lines of what is considered appropriate behavior in the office.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
I have no trouble believing it. Thanks for posting. Looks like he needs to achieve another level of woke ...

To make up that blaming crap about investors passing because of her appearance, oh my Lord ...

In my entire career, I've never been asked for a doctor's note ... but I provided one voluntarily when my manager called to question me because a couple people at work had said they didn't believe what happened to me. (What was she repeating it for anyway? Management 101 that you keep people's health issues confidential.) Yes, not everyone walks out their back door into a swarm of hostile Africanized bees, but it surely did happen to me I have always specialized in having non-ordinary problems
LMAO!!!!! Doctor's notes are to be handled with the utmost discretion. It's not even the place of your colleagues to debate whether you were being truant or actually sick. I've never heard bee attacks though, lol.

But back to the Asian Zac Posen, I don't follow him so I didn't even knew he was considered 'woke.' To sack someone after such a long stretch of unpaid leave must be the most wicked thing I've ever read. And she's a woman who very recently gave birth!

5 Days Ago
don't look down

I've worked in places that required employees to submit a doctor's note for any absence longer than three days, so I don't think it's that weird for a company to request such paperwork. Yes, these sorts of companies are usually controlled by a$$holes (controlling everything that happens under them), but it was still within the law.

Although if an a$$hole is in charge, you bet they're going to be an a$$hole about everything. The same company that demanded sick notes after the third day went after a poorly-paid admin person for 'not working their notice', because they walked out of the workplace after they decided they didn't want to spend one more day working there.

I seem to remember working really hard and then going in to negotiate a raise, and them telling me that if I was "in need of money" that I should "stop spending on shoes and bags" despite obviously being NOT a shoes-and-bags sort of person.

So, yes, I can certainly believe that person's story. ALL of it.

5 Days Ago
V.I.P.

I'm a woman in my early thirties working in the humanities/ in academia. You have no idea (or sadly, most of you probably do have an idea) how often higher ranked men commented on the possibility of me becoming pregnant, combined with some nice little derogatory remarks. I have no such plans for the foreseeable future, but I'm already freaked out about the treatment of pregnant women in work environments.

To name but a few from the top of my head:
- When it was clear that I was going to be out of funding for a while, one professor asked me why I didn't want to "quickly get pregnant" so I could prolong my funding. When I said I didn't think this was the right motivation to reproduce, he wanted to know if I could "at least" live off of my boyfriend's (non-existent) money.
- I was talking to another professor about my research area and he recommended another woman who he said used to be the absolute best in the field. "But unfortunately she decided to become a mother, and she's lost most of her brain with her placenta."
- A third researcher (no tenure track) told me he was never going to get in a good position as they were all held by "pregnant women and mothers". He then proceeded to lay out his theory of a matriarchy that in his opinion had existed for several thousand years (BC), so all women should shut up and deal with the 'comparably quite young' patriarchy of our age. I kid you not when I say that this guy specializes in gender studies.

I believe every word about the Prabal story. And even typing this makes me want to drop a bomb on all of these ivory towers, and another one on the White House while I'm at it. Or alternatively just hide in my apartment with my 10 kids and 30 cats, maybe?

I can only hope this woman will be getting a lot of attention for that article.

4 Days Ago
tfs star

What even is a "woke" fashion brand? Selling "feminist" t-shirts? Wearing "feminist" t-shirts? That's marketing, not being woke. Feminism is all over instagram and brands/designers know that.

Tell me about their female employers working conditions, tell me how they choose their models, their ethics towards product manufacturing and then I'll call them "woke".

fashion insider

Gucci Is Being Accused Of Appropriating Sikh Turbans
https://www.buzzfeed.com/krishrach/g...VyM#.fcOa1ZVx9

2 Days Ago
V.I.P.

I don't care for the political arguments. That show was just garish. Trash it all they want.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, behavior, campbell, designer, fashion, insiders, naomi, post, posting, read, russian, sergeenko, slams, ulyana