Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior [Read post #1 before posting] - Page 6 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
08-03-2015
V.I.P.

It's an old American Vogue issue, with Britney Spears on the cover!! Omg, it is actually out-of-touch. The Olsens got a lot of flak many years ago when they made fun of homeless people when asked about their 'homeless chic' style. This is not much different. Question is, was this person aware she/he was being photographed? If not, it makes it doubly vile.

Sidenote: Who's throwing US Vogue back issues in the bin when I'm paying dear prices on Ebay??

Last edited by Benn98; 08-03-2015 at 08:44 AM.

08-03-2015
V.I.P.

There is a God!!

Quote:
Ice queen Anna Wintour has told designers not to allow toddlers on the front row at fashion shows she attends after Kim Kardashian’s daughter North threw a double tantrum.

The US Vogue editor told aides of the ban during London Fashion Week, I can reveal.

The final straw for Wintour came when North got agitated during her father Kanye West’s recent show in New York and the one-year-old had to be taken out of the room by a nanny.
During little North’s outburst, Wintour, 65, wrinkled her nose in disgust.

This followed North’s previous flare-up at another recent New York show, which left Anna looking distinctly unimpressed, left.
Source: www.dailymail.co.uk

08-03-2015
V.I.P.

^I can't agree more.

08-03-2015
V.I.P.

Well what are the designers supposed to say on the invites: "no kids under the age of xx" -- I think anyone who is not completely self-centered and rude doesn't need to be told that it would be inappropriate to bring their young children to a show. No need to hassle the designers.

Wintour, you put them on Vogue, you helped create the beast, you hypocrite.

08-03-2015
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
No need to hassle the designers.

Wintour, you put them on Vogue, you helped create the beast, you hypocrite.
Hahahahaha, I wont silently karma you for this HA, it needs to be reiterated!! Entirely her fault, the horse has bolted already.

09-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
Personally, I've always found Dev pretty sexy, don't think he was outmatched by Frieda's beauty at all.
Yeah he's pretty cute and sexy If Mario indeed said that, then he is a complete jerk.

10-03-2015
front row

Katie Grand's face during the Zoolander finale at Valentino...

Screen Shot 2015-03-10 at 12.31.29 PM.jpg
my screenshot from valentino.com livestream

10-03-2015
V.I.P.

^ She's pissed it one-upped all the stupid reality stars she put on the runway.

10-03-2015
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
Hahahahaha, I wont silently karma you for this HA, it needs to be reiterated!! Entirely her fault, the horse has bolted already.
+2. I hope that kid barfs on her.

15-03-2015
V.I.P.

If the ugly collections and lack of financial morals wasn't enough... can we dismiss them completely now?

Quote:
Dolce & Gabbana: 'The Only Family Is The Traditional One'

Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, fashion design icons, business partners for decades, and a same-sex couple until they split several years ago, not only don't support same-sex marriage, but they've now come out attacking it.

In an interview with Panorama magazine and translated by LGBT News Italia, the former couple and billionaire designers came out swinging.

"The only family is the traditional one. No chemical offsprings and rented uterus: life has a natural flow, there are things that should not be changed."

The Spanish news site ABC.es offered more comments from their Panorama interview.

Procreation "must be an act of love," Domenico Dolce says, according to a Google translation. "I call children of chemistry, synthetic children. Uteri [for] rent, semen chosen from a catalog."

"The family is not a fad," adds Stefano Gabbana. "In it there is a supernatural sense of belonging."

Their stance against same-sex marriage isn't new – they have been saying it for years – but attacking families headed by same-sex parents is.

In a 2013 interview with London's The Telegraph, Dolce mentions, “I’m a practising Catholic." The two designers were asked if they had ever considered marrying each other.

“What?! Never!” they answer in chorus, “I don’t believe in gay marriage.” Dolce laughs. In Catholic Italy, has their sexuality proved a problem? “No, never,” says Dolce. “The fashion industry is full of gays.”

And in 2006, Stefano Gabbana told the Daily Mail, "I am opposed to the idea of a child growing up with two gay parents."
thenewcivilrightsmovement

we are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams. wandering by lone sea breakers and sitting by desolate streams. world losers and world forsakers, on whom the pale moon gleams. yet we are the movers and shakers of the world for ever it seems

15-03-2015
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc10 View Post
If the ugly collections and lack of financial morals wasn't enough... can we dismiss them completely now?

thenewcivilrightsmovement
I'm confused. So they are gay though they are opposed to gay marriage and gay parents.

15-03-2015
backstage pass

That Dolce & Gabbana thing is confusing. So they have the traditional catholic stance on homosexuality yet they practice it? So they're breaking their own rules? How is it OK to be in the relationship but everything else is wrong? Their argument sounds like the typical indoctrinated child, like they were told what to believe and never questioned it. It kind of sounds like they have little clue about the subject.
Also after the tax evasion thing it's difficult to take them seriously when they talk about morality.

Last edited by squilliam; 15-03-2015 at 08:13 AM.

15-03-2015
V.I.P.

I wouldn't call it an attack. They're allowed to have their views. They're not saying homosexuality is wrong. they are saying a family consists of a man and a woman.

I just think it's disappointing that such prominent gays would come out and denounce the love between two same sex people and a family that those people are trying to build.

15-03-2015
everything sucks!

Where to begin with D&G? They believe that a penis and a vagina between two parents are required to raise children. You can't talk sense to them.

(Here in America we see this ideology amongst a very *few* gay men as well. They seem both self-hating and woman-hating with a doormat sensitivity, who enjoy their token status ("I'm gay but I disagree with gay marriage and adoption!") within a certain group.)

15-03-2015
everything sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
I wouldn't call it an attack. They're allowed to have their views. They're not saying homosexuality is wrong. they are saying a family consists of a man and a woman.

I just think it's disappointing that such prominent gays would come out and denounce the love between two same sex people and a family that those people are trying to build.
They are directly attacking homosexuality by saying a family/parents must be male-female. Their comments about "synthetic children" will offend even straight couples who have adopted or used IVF. Not to mention all the children who need adopting in this world...

Last edited by t-rex; 15-03-2015 at 11:19 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, behavior, designer, fashion, insiders, post, posting, read