Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior [Read post #1 before posting] - Page 63 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
4 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

I haven't seen pictures ... but I certainly have empathy for anyone tired of being ordered around by Anna. It's really rather ridiculous to orchestrate what everyone wears to this party. Scarlett followed orders and Amal didn't? Honestly I feel like kissing anyone giving Anna the finger, and that goes double since it's Amal ... who actually does something worthwhile with her time.

4 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
I haven't seen pictures ... but I certainly have empathy for anyone tired of being ordered around by Anna. It's really rather ridiculous to orchestrate what everyone wears to this party. Scarlett followed orders and Amal didn't? Honestly I feel like kissing anyone giving Anna the finger, and that goes double since it's Amal ... who actually does something worthwhile with her time.

i second that.

I read somewhere on vogue's (insta?) caption about Clooney's dress to the main party something like..."but the real hightlight is the Tom Ford's dress she wore to the after party..."

I havent seen that Tom Ford's dress she wore after, but the first dress does looked pretty, and maybe she just wanted to champion a newcomer?

I guess an event like this is not just about fashion, money comes to play mostly i guess

4 Weeks Ago
rising star

Amal's dress was based on a dress from Spring Summer 2014 and I've heard that they remain very unhappy about her decision.

This is the dress.

Dailymail.com

4 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Vetements, Richard Quinn had the Queen attend his runway show. If that doesn't guarantee you a ticket in fashion, then nothing will. He'd have been fine without Amal dragging that overwrought duvet cover.

Come to think of it, Anna sat next to the Queen at that show. In a shocking twist, what if Anna knew Amal would go this rogue? Wouldn't put it past her, she's rather crafty.

4 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

Quote:
I second this as well, but I suppose if one gets on her bad side she'll probably not only ban them from vogue and the met gala (they're boring anyway) but also not allow any of her designer "friends" dress said person (that part would suck)

the met gala has apparently become the "kiss up to Anna" contest, and that's rather sad

4 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Honestly I feel like kissing anyone giving Anna the finger, and that goes double since it's Amal ... who actually does something worthwhile with her time.
yes, and YES.

And lol at the catastrophe of being banned from Vogue and gasp, the Met Gala. For someone that has made a career going after some of the most violent governments around the world defending journalists and political prisoners, I'm sure Amal will get insomnia wondering how easier her life could've been if she had just worn a red dress instead of the floral one.

4 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

I think the problem has less to do with her wearing the dress than for the way she handle it. She could have said earlier that she wanted the Richard Quinn and Tom would have dressed someone else for the main event and maybe created another dress for Amal to wear at the after party.

Tom only dress one person/per event. I think Anna just tried to do damage control by mentioning Tom on TV and all.

Of course an event like that itís not only about fashion. When brands buys table and designers choose or are advised to dress someone, itís already politics involved.

But iím sure this will not alter Annaís or Amalís relationship with Tom.

Amal would have been more diplomatic if she asked Quinn to wear a RTW dress from his collection at the after-party.

4 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Honestly this all just makes Amal look more powerful, and those fuming less so And I think the other dress looks better on her (she looks like a faceted red toothpick in the TF dress), and makes more of a statement on the red carpet. It's more fun. She did what she wanted to do ... more people should.

I would love to know the names of the actresses who said no before Scarlett said yes.

4 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
Vetements, Richard Quinn had the Queen attend his runway show. If that doesn't guarantee you a ticket in fashion, then nothing will. He'd have been fine without Amal dragging that overwrought duvet cover.

Come to think of it, Anna sat next to the Queen at that show. In a shocking twist, what if Anna knew Amal would go this rogue? Wouldn't put it past her, she's rather crafty.

Thanks for the enlightenment, i didnt know that he is such a big shot!

and likes and dislikes for Amal Clooney aside, i went look up the Tom Ford dress and still think the Quinn one is prettier and more appropriate, the only fault she has committed is perhaps not being politically correct.
and more kudos to her if if she intentionally meant to give Wintour the middle finger (i doubt that s the case though)

4 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
I think the problem has less to do with her wearing the dress than for the way she handle it. She could have said earlier that she wanted the Richard Quinn and Tom would have dressed someone else for the main event and maybe created another dress for Amal to wear at the after party.
Thanks Lola! It's just diplomacy, something you'd think an 'international lawyer' would be very familiar with. Just tell Tom his dress would be a option, and she's exploring other designers. What was so bad about that?

As for her not being pressed over the wrath of the Anna (which includes Vogue, the Met, CN magazines, designers etc)? I can believe that to some extent when we are talking about Amal, the lawyer. But Amal, the Hollywood wife is a slave to the fashion game much like Kim Kardashian! This 'international lawyer' who had no business covering Vogue, being guest of honour at a fashion gala, prancing around at the royal wedding like she's royalty herself and generally running around town looking like some starlet and knowing full and well that her looks will end up on style blogs will certainly feel the scorn. I don't pity Amal at all. I pity that poor fashion assistant or ghost stylist (take your pick) who will get an earful next time they try to seek out custom looks.

Last edited by Benn98; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:11 PM.

4 Weeks Ago
fashion elite

Dick move on Amalís part to Tom. No two ways about it. But such an alpha display of defiance and power move against Anna. Amal knows Anna needs her more than she needs Anna.

(The Tom dress is nice and suits her. Haven't seen that Richard person's dress- nor care to. His designs are usually hideous and basic, always resemble too-big doll clothes made of old sofas.)

4 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

vetements, I am certain she earned your kudos No way she could displease Anna and not realize it! I suspect that she simply disliked being told what to wear and what to do (I strongly dislike this myself) and decided to do it her way. Since she isn't an actress or model, she is well used to the normal autonomy of an adult woman. (Would that everyone thought the same way!) There is no way she's not going to have plenty to wear, with or without Tom and Anna. Let's not forget that unlike some, she can well afford to actually pay for whatever it is she wants. She truly doesn't need them. They didn't bring her into fashion, and they can't take her out. Her efforts to end fashion tyranny are truly beautiful to me

4 Weeks Ago
fashion icon

Quote:
They didn't bring her into fashion, and they can't take her out.
I don't agree with you there. Vogue was the first who worked overtime to feed us the "Amal is the world's latest style icon" story and the fashion world took notice because of it. I am confident that without the help of Anna (let's not forget that Anna also arranged for Amal to be the last high profile woman who wore a custom wedding dress designed by Oscar de la Renta himself) she would have just been the lawyer wife of George Clooney, not Amal the style icon.

4 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

Ralph Rucci had some words about Balenciaga's dad sneakers.

Quote:
I have been told to be quiet, and I have turned my eyes away, but I cannot tolerate this any longer. This is the ultimate in EVERYTHING he did not strive for...... they have taken his name and have conveniently used as a springboard for such mediocrity, such tastelessness, such ugly ideas. Without balance, respect for proportion, without quality, without integrity--- just the whorish greed to sell a gym shoe, a t-shirt, a back pack.
Enough. Remove his name from all of this garbage. Rename it with something that mirrors what it is.
This is not even the emperor's new clothes.... this is the moment for a smoke screen of season after season of the worst design ethic ever. How dare you people use his name. You may own it, but you will never honor him AND have a meaningful business until you cease! If you would like to have a brand that has the DNA in its vein as well as a direction and a couture, feel free to get in touch with me.

4 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

^ I love it!

dodencebt, those are fair points. Tsk, I haven't been paying enough attention to Anna's machinations--and I'm OK with that. However, Anna didn't anoint her Mrs Clooney, nor did she give her her career. She has two claims to fame that neither Anna nor Tom can take away. I take this move to mean that she can absolutely take or leave the fashion attention. She decides when to put a dress on, and when to take it off. Now if a few more grown women will follow suit ...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, behavior, designer, fashion, insiders, post, posting, read