Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior [Read post #1 before posting] - Page 65 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...oss-photo.html

6 Days Ago
V.I.P.

^ He made a comment about Selena Gomez too, on the same Instagram page, in Italian... the comment translates to "She's so ugly".

6 Days Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armani View Post
^ He made a comment about Selena Gomez too, on the same Instagram page, in Italian... the comment translates to "She's so ugly".
God, are you serious?? It's so cringey.
On the Daily Mail article there's a pic of Kate at their 1998 show in that butterfly dress, which was a big trend in 1998. Could that really have been her last show for them?

6 Days Ago
V.I.P.

The Kate comment isn't so bad. The Selena comment, however..

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
God, are you serious?? It's so cringey.
On the Daily Mail article there's a pic of Kate at their 1998 show in that butterfly dress, which was a big trend in 1998. Could that really have been her last show for them?
The article mentioned that her younger sister walked for them at last year's Christmas fashion show at Harrod's, so they seem to have kept on friendly terms. Personally her look is a No from me too, but many of their recent designs probably wouldn't flatter her, either, so he's got no room to talk.

6 Days Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
Personally her look is a No from me too, but many of their recent designs probably wouldn't flatter her, either, so he's got no room to talk.
Oh you're quite right, I also don't like the look. But one would think Stefano would act more within his profile of famed fashion designer. Leave these lazy Insta polls for the Insta trolls. Ha! It rhymes!

5 Days Ago
backstage pass

The Kate Moss comment doesn't seem like such a big deal, he's just saying he doesn't like her outfit. The selena gomez one is bad though, since he called her ugly.

Has domenico dolce ever said anything bad/controversial or is it just Stefano gabbana that says all this stuff?

5 Days Ago
fashion icon

Iím glad this Stefano thing is getting more traction from bigger media outlets, his nasty, bigoted comments should be known by many. Their controversial behavior may not result in less sales now, but it will come back to bite them in the a*s when they least expect it.

5 Days Ago
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by squilliam View Post
The Kate Moss comment doesn't seem like such a big deal, he's just saying he doesn't like her outfit. The selena gomez one is bad though, since he called her ugly.

Has domenico dolce ever said anything bad/controversial or is it just Stefano gabbana that says all this stuff?
I agree with Ben, i do not think the actual comment is the problem, the problem is that someone of his stature is willing to stoop so low to actually making it. It's pathetic and it says a lot about at what stage in his life (and career) he's in, if he thinks that creating drama on social media is a dignified way to spend his time.

5 Days Ago
Saucy minx

^ I guess the stage is called 'middle-aged but not yet ready to graduate from kindergarten.'

5 Days Ago
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ I guess the stage is called 'middle-aged but not yet ready to graduate from kindergarten.'
Maybe this is he's weird version of a middle-life crisis

rising star

Is it sour grapes because relevant faces won't work with them anymore that he now has to pick out insta-kids who are looking for fame to put in their ads and catwalk shows?

The Selena comment annoyed me, because he grew up in an age where technology wasn't so prevalent, now you feel even more pressured to look and act a certain way by bigots like him who pressure our society into looking a certain way - no wonder suicide rates amongst millennials is high because of throw away comments like that, that he is having on someone in their 20's. He's what? 55? he's old enough to be her dad and therefore should act with a level of responsibility in the role WE have allowed him to take, because without his customers he wouldn't be anyone - so sit down Stefano and continue to run your business into the ground.

After all, people also forget D&G also threw their dummy out of the pram with Selfridges (around 2007) and pulled every product category from their shelves (mens, womens, beauty, sunglasses, kids wear - you name it) because Selfridges weren't prepared to give them prominent floor space they demanded for their collections because they weren't selling the figures the likes of McQueen, Stella etc were selling at the time and they no longer collaborate with them.

5 Days Ago
Saucy minx

^ They venture into all sorts of product areas (Dolcefied refrigerators for example ...), so perhaps a Stefano-sized pram could be next!! They could build a whole ad campaign around it. His mamma could wheel him down an Italian avenue with all the other babies ...

5 Days Ago
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodencebt View Post
Iím glad this Stefano thing is getting more traction from bigger media outlets, his nasty, bigoted comments should be known by many. Their controversial behavior may not result in less sales now, but it will come back to bite them in the a*s when they least expect it.
Do you think?
I donít think so...
Stefano might be dumb but he is not that dumb to make a comment that will hurt his audience/customers. What he has done so far is share his point of view on various situations/topics.

Donít forget that the people who are calling for a D&G are the ones who are not buying the brand.
Their clientele is essentially based in countries with rather conservative views and/or doesnít care about the comments of the designers.

They are independent powerful designers whose antics have made a lot of people angry in the industry but they donít care because they know their worth.

I donít count the number of editors they have banned, the number of magazines they have pulled ads from. And they are still there.

They have given the ultimate ę*F*** you*Ľ when they started doing the same collections while selling more and more. At this point, except for a Galliano type of comment, they are unbeatable.

4 Days Ago
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
Do you think?
I donít think so...
Stefano might be dumb but he is not that dumb to make a comment that will hurt his audience/customers. What he has done so far is share his point of view on various situations/topics.
You are right Lola, I donít think itís hurting his customer base.. yet. But one day these enraged teenagers and 20 somethings will be the main spending group and younger generations arenít here for these types of brands. The tides will turn eventually.

And I am sorry but a rather famous middle-aged man with a large following and social responsibility calling a young girl with an even larger following ďso uglyĒ on social media is not just sharing a point of view, it is reckless and disgusting to me. I donít mind the Kate comment because it was about her outfit (which I didnít necessarily like either), but this Selena thing is on another level, and not just for a ďcelebrityĒ. No one should call other people ugly, period.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, behavior, designer, fashion, insiders, post, posting, read