How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-07-2012
Some Like It Hot

Stella McCartney - Married to Alasdhair Willis
Phoebe Philo - Married to Max Wigram
Georgina Chapman - Married to Harvey Weinstein
Sarah Burton - Married to David Burton
Diane Von Furstenberg - Married to Barry Diller
Isabel Marant - Married to Jerome Dreyfuss
Miuccia Prada - Married to Patrizio Bertelli
L'wen Scott - Dating Mick Jagger
Frida Giannini - Dating Chief Executive of Gucci
Donatella Versace - Divorced from Paul Beck
Vivienne Westwood - Married to Andreas Kronthaler

I know one of the Rodarte sisters is a lesbian, right ? so I heard anyway.

Last edited by Chanelcouture09; 11-07-2012 at 03:06 PM.

11-07-2012
trendsetter

Frida Giannini divorced in 2008 (I think) and is now dating the Gucci CEO. Smart girl.

11-07-2012
Some Like It Hot

^Ah you're right, they started dating in June 2009.

V.I.P.

What about Raf? I've never read anything about it.

Some Like It Hot

Quote:
Wang Divorce

VERA WANG has separated from her husband of 23 years, Arthur Becker - but will continue to work with him at her eponymous label.

Becker, a former stockbroker, has advised the wedding dress designer on the growth of her business since they married in 1989 - but became a full-time member of the management team in 2010.

"Vera Wang and Arthur Becker have mutually and amicably agreed to separate," Vera Wang president, Mario Grauso, said yesterday. "They remain devoted parents to their daughters."

A friend of the designer's, who asked not to be identified, told WWD: "They will not let this impact the running of the company. They have worked too hard to build it up."

The couple has two grown-up daughters, Cecilia and Josephine.
*Vogue.co.uk

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanelcouture09 View Post

I know one of the Rodarte sisters is a lesbian, right ? so I heard anyway.
It;s not really hard to guess which one actually..

12-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejarc View Post
Christopher Bailey: nursed his boyfriend until he died
Riccardo Tisci: Gay, read some magazine article a while ago in which he talked about his sex life.
I've read in several articles that Tisci is attracted to men.

Actually Christopher Bailey is dating actor Simon Woods.
The guy you're talking about is Christophe Decarnin, former Balmain designer.

12-07-2012
Some Like It Hot

^Indeed.

*Tatler.com

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
I've read in several articles that Tisci is attracted to men.

Actually Christopher Bailey is dating actor Simon Woods.
The guy you're talking about is Christophe Decarnin, former Balmain designer.
No, Christopher Baileys now dead boyfriends name was Geert Cloet and he was brand director at Miu Miu. Decarin also had a boyfriend that died?

12-07-2012
Some Like It Hot

^ I found this article, it's incredibly touching .
Quote:
Geert Cloet Fund

My partner Geert, was born in Belgium in 1969, he worked in Milan and lived between both London and Milan.

Geert was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumour in June 2004. Geert was 35 at the time of the diagnosis of Glioblastoma Multiforme and though he had previously been incredibly healthy, fit and energetic, he passed away in July 2005, just thirteen short months later.

Geert was such a wonderfully happy person who loved life and loved living. He was very naturally gifted and talented in so many areas including business and history and spoke six languages fluently. He had so much warmth and love to give to everybody that came into contact with him. Throughout all of the treatment that Geert received for his cancer including major brain surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy, and the consequent terrible seizures, he never once complained but instead kept on smiling and tried to come to terms with a complete life change that comes with a terminal illness. Geert’s tremendous strength of character and resilience was both inspiring and humbling.

When Geert started to have severe headaches back in May 2004 and a little later on difficulties in speaking, neither of us ever considered the enormity of what it might be. Geert worked in Milan as a director at Prada and we put everything down to the stresses of work and the extensive travelling. A few weeks later, following a brain scan, we were told of the three ‘small’ tumours that had shown up. It is difficult to describe the feeling of hearing such devastating news and realising that all your dreams and hopes of the future have changed in those few moments.

Ironically, though in quite different circumstances, my grandfather also died of Glioblastoma Multiforme at the age of 65.

Perhaps it is because I am now so acutely aware of this terrible disease but I hear too often of so many young people being diagnosed with a brain tumour, that is why it is imperative that we support in every way possible the research and funding into finding a cure for this devastating illness that affects far too many lives.

I think of Geert every moment and regret deeply that he is not here next to me enjoying the beautiful life that we shared together and dreamed of but he continues to give me strength and Geert will always be my guiding light.

Chris Bailey

Fundraising 2008

On 7th September Christopher’s mum, Eliana Bailey was running in the Yorkshire Cancer Research Leeds Half Marathon to raise money for SDBTT Geert Cloet Fund.
*braintumourtrust.co.uk

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejarc View Post
No, Christopher Baileys now dead boyfriends name was Geert Cloet and he was brand director at Miu Miu. Decarin also had a boyfriend that died?
I'm sorry, I must have been confused. Christophe Decarnin is/was in a mental hospital.

15-07-2012
V.I.P.

what about the story of Christian Lacroix in more details? he's gay, but married a woman he loves? this is so interesting to me.

i remember somewhere i read Karl Lagerfeld claims he is asexual. (he definitely seems just gay to me.)

and couple years ago i read a story that Cavalli beat his wife up, cause she talked to an other man on phone romantically...that really surprised and shocked me.

Last edited by coco vaughn; 15-07-2012 at 07:54 PM.
15-07-2012
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
It;s not really hard to guess which one actually..
You could certainly guess, but would you be right?

17-07-2012
V.I.P.

New gossip about the Wang Divorce.

Quote:
Rumor has it that Vera Wang has moved in with the Olympic champion ice skater Evan Lysacek. The 63-year-old designer and her husband of 23 years, Arthur Becker, announced their separation last month. Lysacek, 27, apparently came to stay at Wang's Beverly Hills home around that time. (He trains at a nearby ice rink.) The exact nature of their relationship is not clear: one friend says that while Wang is "enamoured with" Lysacek, it's not romantic, another says "something is going on." Whatever sexytimes are happening or not happening, they met when Wang, herself a former competitive skater, designed some of Lysacek's uniforms. Wang is also understood to have had a facelift this summer

From Jezebel

17-07-2012
V.I.P.

Chanelcouture09, thanks for the update on some of the ladies.

I had no idea Vera Wang is 63, but is she really dating a 27 year old skater?!

Also, which Rodarte sister is gay?

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, designers, lives, love