How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-05-2011
front row

The Ford Twitter guy is a complete d1ck.

02-05-2011
V.I.P.

^ That.

02-05-2011
V.I.P.

Sorry, my post was out of sheer ignorance and sarcasm. Of course I know who Maryna Linchuk is, but what I was getting at was what fantastical put so eloquently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastical View Post
^well, I understand that. despite the fact that she has a number of fans here on TFS, I wouldn't exactly say she is that big of a model. only recently has she gained a couple more Vogue covers/editorial. I find Maryna extremely beautiful, but she has always been a more of a filler girl to me; never quite making it that big as say Freja, Natasha, Sasha, or Anja, but she has been able to keep walking the better shows in fashion week and snag a blue-chip campaign every once in a while though.

I don't really understand the agency switch because it was probably under DNA that she got the Vogue covers, the Dolce campaigns and even her Express campaigns. but who knows...

tfs star

^ Maryna felt the same. Therefore the switch, simple as that. But can Ford deliver before she jumps ship again is the question?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom View Post
^ Maryna felt the same. Therefore the switch, simple as that. But can Ford deliver before she jumps ship again is the question?
well that clears it up
i just hope they can boost her editorial status

04-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom View Post
I agree about her motives and made a similar comment in another thread, but since she was with DNA for five or six years and remained with them after they went through a shake up, and as far as I know has not been an agency hopper with her representation in other cities, I don't see her not giving Ford an adequate chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastical View Post
I don't really understand the agency switch because it was probably under DNA that she got the Vogue covers, the Dolce campaigns and even her Express campaigns. but who knows...
She was on the cover of Vogue Turkey, Vogue Germany and Vogue Russia, would her NY agency be the one who secured those bookings, that's a sincere question whch I can see it going either way?

Re the Dolce campaign, there was an article written a while back and it stated that she is personal friends with the Dolce and Gabbana guys. I agree about Express, but she has been working with Express, VS, H&M and her other commercial / catalog clients for a couple of years or more.

Last edited by agee; 04-05-2011 at 12:53 PM.
05-05-2011
V.I.P.

& I think DNA is just fed up with the number of girls that have left for one reason or another: KK, Adriana, Agyness, Snejana, Karen, etc. imagine how upset they would be if Raquel were to leave

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dna, ford, management, model, models, suing