How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

2 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

Eileen Ford has died at 92
Her influence on the modeling industry can't be overstated. If John Casablancas transformed the industry, there would be no modeling industry had it not been for Eileen and Jerry Ford. Every girl working today as a model owe them a debt of gratitude.

2 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

under her leadership, Ford Models brought us earth shattering beauty and launched legendary careers

rest in peace

V.I.P.

last week i watched an interesting documentary called "about face: supermodels then and now" - eileen's influence is palpable, how she tried to keep models healthy & professional, even giving them a place to live at the ford townhouse, which some models seemed to like and others (ahem jerry hall ) seemed to loathe. in any case, eileen ford was huge! she is in the film too; it's definitely worth a watch.

wishing her family peace at this time.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Thousands of members ....hundreds of model watchers and this is all the tribute Eileen Ford gets....shame on you "Fashion Spot"! Rest in peace Eileen....good or bad, because of you "Supermodels" existed, photographers were made and the fashion model industry was born.

Last edited by model_mom; 1 Week Ago at 09:06 PM.
1 Week Ago
backstage pass

^^I think a lot of ppl here are too young to remember who she is or just have no knowledge about the industry to understand the historical importance she has to modeling. Only John Casablancas has ever come anywhere near to her in terms of her significance to the business of modeling.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
92, died, eileen, ford