the Fashion Spot in the News ... Clippings, snippets and mentions. - Page 10 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-06-2014
V.I.P.

Here's a huge one ... an interview of tFS staff By FELLT Industry about us and our history ... a great read!! http://fellt.com/industry/2014/06/pr...e-fashion-spot

12-06-2014
V.I.P.

^ Thank you; that was a wonderful read, and I am proud to be a member. TFS rocks!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
12-06-2014
V.I.P.

^we´re part of the elite, arent we?
seriously, the amount of posts they claim is amazing. Go us!

13-07-2015
V.I.P.

Daily Mail
'She's not a model': Fashion fans criticize Kendall Jenner's 'horrible' and 'cheap' new Fendi campaign
Quote:
Kendall, 19, appears in a new print campaign for the brand
The reality star has previously modeled on the Fendi runway
Fendi's latest campaign was shot by designer Karl Lagerfeld himself

Kendall Jenner has revealed her first ad for Fendi on Instagram, and though 1.1million people 'liked' the picture, it seems her fashion fans do not.

Shot by Karl Lagerfeld, the ad shows the 19-year-old model wearing a large fur coat, clutching a light pink Fendi bag.

Commentators on The Fashion Spot called it 'hands down the worst Fendi campaign I've seen in a while'.

Another added: 'The lighting is on another whole new level of cheapness,' while someone else complained it is a 'great collection ruined by a horrible campaign and a bad model'.

One more commenter chimed in: 'The make-up doesn't suit her... needs someone with cheekbones!!'

Another fashion fan explained bluntly: 'There is no tension in her body. She just stands there. It really bugs me.

'It's almost the 50th anniversary of Karl at Fendi and this is no way to celebrate. That house deserves more and Kendall deserves nothing. She's not a model. Period.'

Despite the criticisms, many believe Kendall is the next runner up for a Chanel campaign - following in the footsteps of Cara Delevingne and Blake Lively.

'The 19-year-old already appeared in the campaign for Karl's eponymous line and now that she's fronting Fendi, the only thing left is for her to get a Chanel campaign! And she WILL! What's left? Basically an American Vogue cover,' wrote Perez Hilton.

Indeed, Kendall has she walked every Chanel runway since fall 2014 - and just last week closed the Chanel Couture Show as the famous bride.

The reality star also features in a newly-released lingerie campaign for Calvin Klein, which sees her posing topless in one shot, while in others she can be seen modeling a black lace bra.

Also in the campaign are Joan Smalls, Isabeli Fontana and Edita Vilkeviciute.

Speaking to WWD about the shoot she said: 'It was super fun. Every girl loves posing in her underwear. It’s always fun to do that.'I’m close with Joan, and me and all the girls are friends.'

The campaign features individual portraits of the models who are all wearing an assortment of embroidered lace sling balconettes, chemises and bodysuits which are designed to enhance the cleavage.

Sorry fashion critics, it looks likes she's here to stay for a while longer.

13-07-2015
trendsetter

The bullies of TFS have made the daily hate

13-07-2015
V.I.P.

Bullies? It's a discussion forum, not a fan board.

But yes, disgusted to see the board associated with the always negative and repulsive Daily Fail.

13-07-2015
V.I.P.

It's good though, tfs lost a lot of traffics these months, negative campaigning can help some.

14-07-2015
V.I.P.

'The make-up doesn't suit her... needs someone with cheekbones!!'

. Oh Gossiping.

14-07-2015
V.I.P.

that was just lazy "journalism" (and I'm being charitable here...anyone else spot some non-proofreading parts in that thing?). There are plenty of other boards where KJ is dragged through the mud. Someone just decided they'd source it from tfs and use a clearly obvious thread to pick. Her own model ID thread shows more varied opinion and some of them, now get ready to clutch your pearls, are supportive. it was bad writing and unfortunately linked tfs with it.

18-02-2016
Love trumps hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
I'm not fond of the styling at all, but I completely welcome the sight of someone so new on the cover of a fashion magazine.

This quote--cropped as I recall through the 'but' and with no ellipsis!--appears in print on the US Elle Daisy Ridley cover feedback page, credited to tigerrouge on TheFashionSpot.com.

5 Days Ago
V.I.P.

Susie Lau (Blogger Susie Bubble) interviewed by Vogue. She's still here ... and paying attention member's comments about the shows!

Source: vogue.com
Quote:
..... I’m always trolling through comments on Instagram and Twitter after a show, or on the The Fashion Spot, because that’s a really honest barometer, and you’re always really surprised how different those opinions are from what you just saw, what you’ve discussed with other people who saw it too.

The Fashion Spot is an honest barometer?

It’s unfiltered. It’s looking for faults, rather than fishing for positives. It’s that detachment element. I think front-on pics are the most unhelpful indication of what a collection looks like, they say nothing to me. Those in person experiences are really important. How does that connect with the see-now-buy-now? You’re relying on an audience to see-now-buy-now from quite static imagery. Does that convey the true essence of that piece?
Read the entire interview, here: http://www.vogue.com/13459706/future...ows-susie-lau/

5 Days Ago
Love trumps hate

^ Interesting. I think she's right that on tFS there's a lot of "looking for faults," and personally I'm not too crazy about that. However, there's a huge audience here for the live feed. Video's not perfect either, especially if it's not smooth, but it shows how the clothes move. A lot of comments here are based on the video.

One thing I've noticed is that if you just look at the posted images in the thread rather than the entire show, that edit can really make a difference in the opinion you come away with--for better or worse, depending on the edit.

I remember comments here from someone who'd been at a Marc Jacobs show that I thought was one of his poorer collections, but apparently the excitement had been electric, and he came away with a great impression of the collection. I think the live buzz can also lead to an inaccurate impression of the clothes themselves.

5 Days Ago
front row

^That's true, but on the other hand I feel like this 'looking for faults' comes from the übersweetness of the press. If the reviews were honest, we wouldn't be as demanding and harsh as we are now. Now TFS is like that kind of things that can keep you in touch with reality. I really blame the journalists, they're mainly too scared to write some true opinions because they won't get an invitation or something like that. Here we have nothing to lose.

5 Days Ago
Love trumps hate

^ Agreed, there are really pretty much two honest (professional) reviewers in the entire fashion world. I think the discussion degrades from honesty to negativity pretty often though.

5 Days Ago
V.I.P.

Susie wouldn't even be at these shows if it weren't for the fashion spot, pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perhydrol View Post
^That's true, but on the other hand I feel like this 'looking for faults' comes from the übersweetness of the press. If the reviews were honest, we wouldn't be as demanding and harsh as we are now. Now TFS is like that kind of things that can keep you in touch with reality. I really blame the journalists, they're mainly too scared to write some true opinions because they won't get an invitation or something like that. Here we have nothing to lose.
Amen.

I've been a member long enough to remember Susie's honest feedback when she posted here, and now her a$$ kissing/clear bias since she's become friends with designers -- A lot of tFSers have called her on it, especially last season when it clearly got worse, and perhaps this is her way of snipping back.

And piss off Susie, even journalists hate on collections. If Horyn ever gave Slimane a good review I'd drop dead. -- With HQ videos and pictures sitting 15th row at a fashion show where models zip down a runway can't help you experience the clothes that much more.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clippings, fashion, mentions, news, snippets, spot