How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-06-2014
V.I.P.

Here's a huge one ... an interview of tFS staff By FELLT Industry about us and our history ... a great read!! http://fellt.com/industry/2014/06/pr...e-fashion-spot

12-06-2014
V.I.P.

^ Thank you; that was a wonderful read, and I am proud to be a member. TFS rocks!

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged
12-06-2014
V.I.P.

^weīre part of the elite, arent we?
seriously, the amount of posts they claim is amazing. Go us!

13-07-2015
V.I.P.

Daily Mail
'She's not a model': Fashion fans criticize Kendall Jenner's 'horrible' and 'cheap' new Fendi campaign
Quote:
Kendall, 19, appears in a new print campaign for the brand
The reality star has previously modeled on the Fendi runway
Fendi's latest campaign was shot by designer Karl Lagerfeld himself

Kendall Jenner has revealed her first ad for Fendi on Instagram, and though 1.1million people 'liked' the picture, it seems her fashion fans do not.

Shot by Karl Lagerfeld, the ad shows the 19-year-old model wearing a large fur coat, clutching a light pink Fendi bag.

Commentators on The Fashion Spot called it 'hands down the worst Fendi campaign I've seen in a while'.

Another added: 'The lighting is on another whole new level of cheapness,' while someone else complained it is a 'great collection ruined by a horrible campaign and a bad model'.

One more commenter chimed in: 'The make-up doesn't suit her... needs someone with cheekbones!!'

Another fashion fan explained bluntly: 'There is no tension in her body. She just stands there. It really bugs me.

'It's almost the 50th anniversary of Karl at Fendi and this is no way to celebrate. That house deserves more and Kendall deserves nothing. She's not a model. Period.'

Despite the criticisms, many believe Kendall is the next runner up for a Chanel campaign - following in the footsteps of Cara Delevingne and Blake Lively.

'The 19-year-old already appeared in the campaign for Karl's eponymous line and now that she's fronting Fendi, the only thing left is for her to get a Chanel campaign! And she WILL! What's left? Basically an American Vogue cover,' wrote Perez Hilton.

Indeed, Kendall has she walked every Chanel runway since fall 2014 - and just last week closed the Chanel Couture Show as the famous bride.

The reality star also features in a newly-released lingerie campaign for Calvin Klein, which sees her posing topless in one shot, while in others she can be seen modeling a black lace bra.

Also in the campaign are Joan Smalls, Isabeli Fontana and Edita Vilkeviciute.

Speaking to WWD about the shoot she said: 'It was super fun. Every girl loves posing in her underwear. Itís always fun to do that.'Iím close with Joan, and me and all the girls are friends.'

The campaign features individual portraits of the models who are all wearing an assortment of embroidered lace sling balconettes, chemises and bodysuits which are designed to enhance the cleavage.

Sorry fashion critics, it looks likes she's here to stay for a while longer.

13-07-2015
backstage pass

The bullies of TFS have made the daily hate

13-07-2015
V.I.P.

Bullies? It's a discussion forum, not a fan board.

But yes, disgusted to see the board associated with the always negative and repulsive Daily Fail.

13-07-2015
fashion icon

It's good though, tfs lost a lot of traffics these months, negative campaigning can help some.

14-07-2015
V.I.P.

'The make-up doesn't suit her... needs someone with cheekbones!!'

. Oh Gossiping.

V.I.P.

that was just lazy "journalism" (and I'm being charitable here...anyone else spot some non-proofreading parts in that thing?). There are plenty of other boards where KJ is dragged through the mud. Someone just decided they'd source it from tfs and use a clearly obvious thread to pick. Her own model ID thread shows more varied opinion and some of them, now get ready to clutch your pearls, are supportive. it was bad writing and unfortunately linked tfs with it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clippings, fashion, mentions, news, snippets, spot