How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-09-2011
.my prison is your brain.

If they think people say vicious things on the internet, they better jump out of the game before it starts. I assure you just as vicious things are uttered straight to models' faces at castings and jobs. As far as tFS goes, I feel like the comments are mostly constructive criticism or the distaste is stated in a thoughtful way, even without moderation I see very few comments really tearing a model apart.

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 01-09-2011 at 05:04 PM.

01-09-2011
V.I.P.

^and isnīt it agains the rules (in a way)? you canīt bash a model (inflamatory blah blah) or say anything about body issues...

if you donīt enjoy what you read in your thread, stop visiting...

01-09-2011
girl who fell to earth

^^everyone is entitled to an opinion, whether positive or negative. the rule we have at tfs is against continual negativity, meaning you can't go into a thread repeatedly just to hate on and bash someone.

02-09-2011
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
If they think people say vicious things on the internet, they better jump out of the game before it starts. I assure you just as vicious things are uttered straight to models' faces at castings and jobs. As far as tFS goes, I feel like the comments are mostly constructive criticism or the distaste is stated in a thoughtful way, even without moderation I see very few comments really tearing a model apart.
Yeah, this is a smart girl, I think. She knows it's not ok to complain about the way people treat her in the industry, but it's perfectly fine to frown on comments by the idling folk on the internet...

12-09-2011
V.I.P.

From datingonline.net in an article entitled "25 Resources to Help You Get a Handle on Style":
Quote:
The Fashion Spot – Nothing beats a forum if you are in need of a whole lot of opinions and primary information. The Fashion Spot’s forum is well trafficked and organizes its information under a wide array of headings for easy navigation.

13-09-2011
V.I.P.

in the Elle US September 2011 issue there was a comment taken from TFS member Vogue28 about one of the shoots from the previous issues (with Jessica Miller).

it was a positive comment too
I don't think they'd be crazy enough to print one of the more salacious comments from our members LOL

14-09-2011
Mr. Magic

Here's the comment

zinio.com

(IT'S GOING DOWN
ô)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

14-09-2011

That's pretty cool of them, I guaran-damn-tee you Vogue will never mention the site (at least not in a positive manner) to Elle

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 14-09-2011 at 08:53 AM.
20-09-2011
tfs star

We're in NyMag!

Quote:
This Is Apparently a Picture of Tom Ford’s Spring 2012 Collection

A photo leaked onto the Fashion Spot late yesterday that allegedly came from Candice Swanepoel's Twitter feed — the very same one where she gushed about modeling for Ford on Sunday — and it appears to depict the model board from Ford's London Fashion Week show. Whatever tweet this photo came from is now nowhere to be found, but the picture does feature the same lineup of models that reportedly walked in Ford's show (Carmen Kass, Daphne Groeneveld, Anja Rubik, Joan Smalls, and Swanepoel herself), many of whom appear to be wearing the peasant tops and corset belts that fit the collection's description.

26-09-2011
girl who fell to earth

did tom ford do a secret presentation/no photographers again?

26-09-2011
Geometric Discharge

^ Yes, very secret with only the biggest fashion names invited.
Don't think I'm dying to see it looking at the thumbnails.

02-11-2011

Per Lucy in the Style.com/Print Spring 2012 Magazine section:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
i bought the magazine last week on the newsstand. there are new editorials in the magazine. there's a feature on new models that also quotes about 6 people on TFS.

03-11-2011
V.I.P.

From style.com's Top 10 Newcomers for Spring/Summer 2012

Quote:
4. JOSEFIEN RODERMANS (Supreme)

Shows Walked: 16
Big Deal Moment: Rodermans opened and closed the Calvin Klein show as an exclusive.
What The Obsessives Are Saying: "She looks like Freja [Beha Erichsen] and Arizona [Muse] had a baby."- The Fashion Spot

V.I.P.

Quote:
9. MARIHENNY RIVERA PASIBLE (NYMM)

Big Deal Moment: Pasible opened the Katie Grand-cast Giles show wearing a giant white swan.
What The Obsessives Are Saying: "So much fiercification. Europe loved her." - The Fashion Spot

8. ANTONIA WESSELOH (Ford)

Shows Walked: 34
Big Deal Moment: Wesseloh starred in Prada's Fall ad campaign before setting foot on a runway (she was a shoo-in at Miuccua's Spring show).
What The Obsessives Are Saying: "She looks like a mix of Meghan Collison and Freja Beha Erichsen. Right up Meisel's alley.... The vitriol makes me like her more."- The Fashion Spot

6. KATI NESCHER (DNA)

Shows Walked: 29
Why She Made The Cut: After opening and closing Marni, Nescher really pucked up momentum in Paris, where she walked 17 shows.
What The Obsessives Are Saying: "She is a fit for every brand: simple and clean at Celine and Stella, lovely at Cacharel, killing someone at YSL."- The Fashion Spot

3. ROMEE STRIJD (DNA)

Why She Made The Cut: Strijd bookended the Christopher Kane show and walked 12 in Paris, including Alexander McQueen, Hakaan, and Celine.
What The Obsessives Are Saying: "She's one of the few new girls with a technically excellent walk who is filled with personality. And her last name is Dutch for 'battle' or 'war.' How awesome is that?"- The Fashion Spot
style.com

clever ain't wise

Interesting choice to just write thefashionspot. Maybe it's because so many nicks are silly...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clippings, fashion, mentions, news, snippets, spot