How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-11-2012
girl who fell to earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogueDisciple93 View Post

Source: Dirk's Tour, Style.com/Print Magazine Spring 2013
Oh wow, how interesting! I have to crack open my copy of that magazine!

15-11-2012
Geometric Discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogueDisciple93 View Post

Source: Dirk's Tour, Style.com/Print Magazine Spring 2013

Ohhhh dear

15-11-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastical View Post
that's both interesting and scary considering the amount of commenters who don't really know much about fashion or are very biased if their favorite model is in the show or something.

However, I will say that there are a lot of commenters in the runway threads that do bring a lot of interesting discussion to the fashion week collections threads, but it might get hidden amongst the comments like. "eww" or "boring" or "isn't this balenciaga blah blah" you get my drift.
Yeah, I'm guessing that these designers would probably pay more attention to comments which have a little more substance and are more eloquently worded. I don't think they would care too much for comments that just say "so boring", or at least I hope they don't.

Last edited by TianSoFine; 15-11-2012 at 06:14 PM.
26-11-2012
Mr. Magic

Craig from Altamira NYC, a pretty well known street photographer mentioned us here
http://www.livincool.com/fashion/cra...-livincool-com
Quote:
How did you start your blog and why?
I started my blog back in 2007 with a point and click camera that’s so broken down it doesn’t even click anymore. You can blame TheFashionSpot.com for my primary photo inspiration though.

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
29-01-2013
Some Like It Hot

I found this on Coco Rochas blog 'Oh-So-Coco'
Quote:
You would be very surprised to know just how many models read Fashion Spot to find the latest news about themselves. Believe it or not I am one of them. Most girls will tell you that it is the most efficient way of obtaining the latest editorials or campaigns that they haven’t gotten a hold of yet. Sometimes I will go and take a look to see what people have to say about my latest shoots, weather it be positive or negative feedback. I think it’s good to hear what people have to say.

So to all my Fashion Spot followers I want to say HI and thank-you! Keep up the postings. I don’t know how you find some of these things before I do, but keep it up!

fashion insider

Quote:
that's both interesting and scary considering the amount of commenters who don't really know much about fashion or are very biased if their favorite model is in the show or something.

However, I will say that there are a lot of commenters in the runway threads that do bring a lot of interesting discussion to the fashion week collections threads, but it might get hidden amongst the comments like. "eww" or "boring" or "isn't this balenciaga blah blah" you get my drift.
That would be me

29-01-2013
Stitch:the Hand

i know it's old news but reading that industrie remark--i find it rather amusing to hear how certain critics of the forum kind of paint this place with this massive broad brush without any real research of it's 11 year existence. that no-holds barred sentiment(which makes us all look like thoughtless half-wits or fickle tween) is offensively ignorant to the depth of discussion that actually exists on a daily basis not to mention the genuine intelligence of many of our members.

17-03-2013
backstage pass

It is so nice to see that people working and well known in the fashion industry are mentioning this site. It is true that TFS is the best place to find the latest shoots or even candid shots and news about fashion.

It's true that sometimes, mostly in the celebrity area, many comments are not very constructive, but I like the fact that we can also have some debates and learn many things thanks to the experience of many members.

05-04-2013
Mr. Magic

Kudos for EnModeArtiste in the Dries Van Noten thread for finding this. He mentioned us at 8:20. Such a great honor!

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
05-04-2013
.my prison is your brain.

Coolest mention ever or that likely ever will be Very modern of him. Very grounded to admit it, also.

05-04-2013
V.I.P.

OMG! Dries read us!!! I love his designs so I hope I conveyed that well.

Very cool; thanks for posting!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
05-04-2013
fashion icon

As if I didn't adore this man with all my heart before! Such an honorable mention, indeed. So glad he checks this forum and reads the comments, it kind of gives at least to me an extra obligation to express my future opinions more thoughtfully and clearly explain why I like or don't like something. If people like him really read and care what we say, we should try to be as constructive as possible.

Ère de ℳodernité

Article: "How DOES Saint Laurent justify charging £40,400 for a polyester jacket? And £43,830 for a simple chiffon dress?"
Where: dailymail.co.uk

SNAPPED BY THEFRENCHY

V.I.P.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/amyodell/com...w-collection-i

21-06-2013
V.I.P.

^ I feel so famous!

Tags
clippings, fashion, mentions, news, snippets, spot