How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-10-2013
front row

http://frockwriter.com/2013/10/maternity-ward

21-10-2013
Geometric Discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
Wow, that's a harsh article about tFS members.. to match harsh comments about a pre-fall collection that really wasn't as bad as some of the comments would make out.

Though I think it's pretty irrelevant for the writer of the article to quote a "professional fashion writer", as if her single opinion is more pertinent (and less biased) than those of a global fashion community..

23-10-2013
V.I.P.

^agreed, her tone is a little rude. She makes it like we are not supposed to give a bad comment on the collection (FYI: I didn't give any comment on it nor do I have an opinion). I mean, is it her business to criticize the members because she doesn't like the comments?

seriously.

23-10-2013
clever ain't wise

I don't even know what to say....

"Most people wouldn’t dare trash an Important Label like Givenchy, but maybe now that Kouchdashian has come and (almost) gone it’s less of a scary thing to do?"

And the fact that people at tFS dare criticizing is therefore a bad thing, because we all know how lobbyism and intimidation tend to just bring the world forward...or is it those two ingredients that has democracy as we know it on its knees? I forget...

23-10-2013
V.I.P.

I really don't get what was the point of that article. Make it seem like we're just a bunch random people who don't "get" fashion, unlike a "professional fashion critic"? We're just criticizing Givenchy because of Kim Kardashian? tFS members are just as passionate as anyone else in the industry.

Thanks for the shout-out, I guess...

V.I.P.

maybe those comments were snowballing on other sites and she got the order to write an article trashing said comments to discredit any person who disliked his collection...

(too much House of Cards? maybe... )

25-10-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying Diamonds View Post
Though I think it's pretty irrelevant for the writer of the article to quote a "professional fashion writer", as if her single opinion is more pertinent (and less biased) than those of a global fashion community..
I love that of all people, she quotes the ones at style.com, who, minus Tim Blanks (who I honestly don't understand what on earth he does working for that bank, I mean, site), write whatever as long as there's money involved. The caption should read contrast between paid and unpaid and yeah, contrast between being anonymous and not. It's quite comforting deeming it all as uninformed but seriously in the nearly 10 years I've been here, the dirt has often come out from people that are actually well-positioned in the industry... I actually get my radar up when something is really nasty ... ultimately people abuse freedom of expression when they have nothing or everything to lose...

V.I.P.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/cele...116-2xnd8.html

Quote:
"Who is Miranda trying to fool with Photoshop?" The Fashion Spot member CommanderTMugler raged.

17-11-2013
front row

The Fashionspot is described as "an epic fashion/modeling/editorial forum" on Celebitchy:

http://www.celebitchy.com/334603/doe..._even_smaller/

09-12-2013
.my prison is your brain.

Presenting: The Winners of the First Annual tFS Style Awards 2013!

Tiffie winners have been announced, some really nice comments on our site there by some of the winners: Marlon Teixeira, John Patrick, Franca Sozzani.

26-12-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Now Trending: 2013 Modeling Moments

Her avid fans on The Fashion Spot went wild when Snejana Onopka turned up on Anthony Vaccarello's Spring runway.
style

V.I.P.

According to The Daily Beast, Lucy Yeomans has an unhealthy obsession with the forums. You can read the interview here.

Stitch:the Hand

i know it isn't big press or anything but tFS got a shout out on facebook from the label vetements-

*facebook.com/VETEMENTS

17-04-2014
.my prison is your brain.

^ It seems like they appreciated the "real" feedback and dialogue occurring in that thread, which is quite cool of them.

I look forward to seeing more for them, sadly I overlooked (or recklessly disregarded) that thread, but I'm glad I was alerted to the brand here.

18-04-2014
Stitch:the Hand

^and naturally i had to be shameless and let them know i posted it

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clippings, fashion, mentions, news, snippets, spot