How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-11-2010
V.I.P.

the Fashion Spot in the News ... Clippings, snippets and mentions.
Members are always mentioning that they have seen tFS mentioned in the media ... in newspapers, magazines, websites, etc. So it was suggested the we have a place to post all these "sightings".

Thread Rules:
  • Please post anything that you see in the mainstream media that mentions the Fashion Spot, here.
  • Do not post from personal blogs, twitter, etc. unless the person is famous. If you are unsure, please ask a moderator.
  • If you quote something, please credit the quote, as required in the crediting rules.
  • Do not post images that have been credited to tFS on other sites. A photo credit will not be considered a "mention". We are looking for someone actually talking about us.

Last edited by BetteT; 02-11-2010 at 01:58 PM.

02-11-2010
V.I.P.

Here's one that has already been posted in another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashbang View Post
Excerp from an article from showstudio.com
Quote:
Quote:

We're barely four days into the week, but the most compelling iteration of this future fantastic feeling, for me, came from Joseph Altuzarra. The man took a risk - think outerspace Out Of Africa, Neil Armstrong meets Verushka and any other conveniently pithy phrase to denote his collusion of sixties, space age and tribalism with a healthy dose of French chic. The results were undeniably up and down, love or hate, often walking that fine ugly-beautiful divide. But that's exactly what made them so exciting. Altuzarra confessed to me earlier this year that he reads the often vitriolic comments posted in The Fashion Spot's forums - no doubt he is blushing at the disservice already dealt to his pointed breast-cups, as reviled as they are revered. No matter, credit is due for Altuzarra's willingness to test the boundaries and chafe at restrictions in a season that already seems profoundly safe. I for one will jump for joy if I see any woman wearing his savagely chic snakeskin cone-bra - bravely pushing her breasts where no breasts have gone before.

02-11-2010
V.I.P.

And antother ... see the bottom half of the page:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashbang View Post
On the page of Vogue China September 2010

vvshu

02-11-2010
V.I.P.

yay
ookay...
this article is about newcomer Julia Saner about her beginning, and succes during the season aaaand, they mention tfs in it, even certain members!

Quote:
Auf dem Forum von Thefashionspot.com kriegen sich die Modebegeisterten gar nicht mehr ein. Die Kommentare lauten unter anderem: «Für mich ist sie die Newcomerin der Saison» oder «Unglaublich, wie sie rockt. Ich freue mich, ihren Weg weiter zu verfolgen».
20min.ch

translation : In the forum thefashionspot the users go crazy. there are comments like "For me she's the best Newcomer of the season" or "unbelievable how she rocks! Im exctied to see where this girl goes"
sry for poor translation ;D

these comments are from user lanvinary and Melly5525

thanks psylocke for finding!

V.I.P.

One more:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastical View Post

Models.com interview with Katie Grand (excerpt):
Quote:
CM: That’s so fascinating to me because I think that everyone really perceives themselves differently but at the end of the day you must be aware of your influence over the public and the way people really follow what you do… Hearing you say just now that you didn’t have the confidence to “go there just yet” with these girls that you were inspired by… That is somewhat surprising…

KG: To a certain extent but then you do have those moments…and that’s the reason blogs really do your head in; the minute you start reading them you are just full of self loathing… I think what I learned from reading too much of TheFashionSpot is that the things that bother you are only things that you think yourself. I mean, if anyone had said anything bad about the Daria story from the last issue, it’s like, “Oh for God’s sake, she just looks like the most beautiful woman on the planet, shut up.”…Whereas there are other things that people pick up on and you’re just like, “ugh I know” … And those are the things that keep you up at night…

CM: So you read a lot of these blogs?

KG: I did on the last issue yeah. It became almost like an obsession because we were getting so many hits of people looking at stuff, to the point that I would just come in and say, “I’m just going to look at how many hits we’ve had today.” I wish we were like Topshop and had a weekly sales report of how many magazines we’re selling and where we’re selling them really well and all of that. You don’t get that until you come off sale six months later. You can phone Magma and say, “How many issues have we sold?” and you can see that Colette re-ordered three times… You get that information, but you don’t really get much guidance as to if something is doing well or not. So in this weird sadomasochistic way I became obsessed with TheFashionSpot and how many hits it was getting and then just got into that whole thing of, “well, I’ll just see,” and would literally stay awake at night getting preoccupied with what people were saying. It was a good experience, I don’t know if I’ll ever do it again…(laughs)
source: models.com

Last edited by BetteT; 02-11-2010 at 02:31 PM.
03-11-2010
Geometric Discharge

So interesting to see the Fashion Spot is elsewhere in the world apart from my computer screen.
I'm happy to say I praised Altuzarra's latest collection!

07-11-2010
Confused & Bewildered

Hmmm, not sure if these qualify.......

Quote:
What has us the most excited about this collection is that the clothes just look so much like Alber Elbaz’s work. The eagle-eyed industry minders at The Fashion Spot pointed out how similar some of these dresses look to the beautiful things Lanvin made for fall 2008, pre-fall 2009 and spring 2009. It would surprise us if some of these are direct copies — Elbaz himself has said he was surprised how well H&M could reproduce his work.

http://www.styleite.com/retail/lanvi...leaked-photos/

Quote:
The folks over at The Fashion Spot are always on top of the latest and greatest and the first image of the Lanvin and H&M collaboration has been leaked.
http://www.examiner.com/women-s-fash...-images-leaked

Last edited by Echoes; 07-11-2010 at 01:09 AM.
07-11-2010
Looking Up

lol I like this thread. I also remeber tFS being quoted on an Obama cover...can't remembre when though.

15-11-2010
etre soi-meme

one more from the 10th of november

Quote:
ANNA DELLO RUSSO lives in a glass house — the virtual kind — her subtlest gesture or sartorial quirk scrutinized by her legions of fans. Pecking at their keyboards, those online viewers wax effusive. “She is like Coco Chanel to me,” one admirer exclaimed on The Sartorialist, the popular blog. “Isn’t she fabulous ... so jolie laide,” gushed another on The Fashion Spot; a third posting on Ms. Dello Russo’s blog, to her: “I love when you wear pink.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/11/fa...=1&ref=fashion

03-12-2010
V.I.P.

Industrie Magazine Issue 02 has a couple of pages about tFS. You can see it in this video at 1:16:

http://vimeo.com/17412724

V.I.P.

^Wow, can't wait to read that!

03-12-2010
V.I.P.

^ and there's BerlinRocks on the screenshot.

Looking Up

lol yeah I noticed too. There's another screenshot as well but its user is kinda concealed. I wanna buy this issue solely because of the tFS article.

04-12-2010
chaos reigns

We were mentioned on i-D a while ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogopilgrim View Post
i found this while reading the january 2004 issue of i-D (Posh Beckham cover ):

"From catwalk queen to rock goddess, let your jaw drop for Omahyra. She kinda scares us...

In the click of a mouse it was almost forgotten. But for one fly minute over the summer, an internet debate raged through the wire on The Fashion Spot messageboard. It began with a simple question: what were the pants that Omahyra Mota Garcia was wearing in a magazine spread? And it ended up taking a more sinister turn. "She kinda scares me," mused Juniper Bug, "but I like it."
"Okay," retorted Lolita Luxe. Omahyra elicits this kind of chow..."

it goes on to talk about her upcoming album (with fellow models mayana moura and isabel ibsen) and it says that, "The pants were by Viktor & Rolf by the way."

Last edited by BetteT; 18-12-2010 at 01:51 PM.
04-12-2010
chaos reigns

Another mention at NewYork magazine:

Quote:
It's her in bed with her "husband Barack" in "her" Harvard sweatshirt. It's funny that in every image of this spread, which you can see on the Fashion Spot, Tyra wears the same Barbie Doll smile (hey, it's not her fault she looks that peachy naturally). But the thing is, for a woman who has a mental encyclopedia of 275 different smiles, why would she choose this particular one?
http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2008/...a_r.html?imw=Y

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clippings, fashion, mentions, news, snippets, spot