How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-01-2009
fashion icon

Footballer Cristiano Ronaldo walked away from terrible Car Crash
Iam glad he is okay, his car looks terrible, Iam surprised he didn't get hurt

(dailymail.com)

Quote:
Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo to be quizzed by police after crashing his £200,000 Ferrari

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 3:42 PM on 08th January 2
Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo is to be questioned by police after he wrote off a brand-new £200,000 Ferrari this morning on his way to training.
The Portuguese international, who walked away uninjured, is expected to be quizzed as to the cause of the crash into a roadside barrier.
Police will investigate whether Ronaldo, 23, had been speeding and are expected to question his teammate Edwin Van Der Sar, 38, who was apparently travelling behind in his £200,000 Bentley, about his driving speed.
The 23-year-old European player of the year, who was driving from his home in Alderley Edge, Cheshire, gave a negative breath test to officers at the scene of the accident which took place at 10.20am.

Lucky escape: Police officers examine Cristiano Ronaldo's car in a tunnel near Manchester Airport today. The football star walked away from the crash uninjured
Police apparently suspect that as he went into the tunnel, which has a speed limit of 60mph, the footballer may have lost control of the car before spinning into the side of the tunnel.
The impact then caused the car to lose a front wheel and it then ricocheted off the wall until it finally came to a stop further down the tunnel.
Ronaldo was able to clamber out of the wreckage and remained at the scene until police arrived.
The striker was taking the 205mph supercar, which he had imported from Portugal two days ago, apparently for its first spin when he lost control of it on the A538 Wilmslow Road, near Manchester Airport.

Wreck: Ronaldo's £200,000 Ferrari is a write off after the accident

Scene: Police are investigating the cause of the crash
Debris: The front left wheel was scattered across the road

The £120,000-a-week player, who in less than 12 days will recoup enough money to replace the car, was later given a lift to the club's training ground by Van Der Sar. The wreckage was towed away three hours later.
The crash spot in a dual carriageway tunnel is a notorious haunt of speeding drivers and the speed at which he was driving is not yet known.
The twin tunnels near Hale, Greater Manchester run under one of the airport's runways and drivers often put their foot down in a 60mph stretch of the dual carriageway section only to be confronted by a single lane after a short distance.
Ronaldo and Van Der Sar were on their way to training at United's Carrington complex following last night's 1-0 Carling Cup defeat at Derby in which the Portuguese player came on as a substitute in the final half hour.
The front of the Ferrari 999 GTB, which reaches a top speed of 205mph, was completely crushed after absorbing the impact of the crash.

Metal debris, including the front left wheel, was scattered across the road.
The V12 engined car does 0-62mph in just 3.7 seconds and is described by motoring experts as 'hugely fast with sensational acceleration'.

Uninjured: Ronaldo, who came on as a substitute in the final half hour in the 1-0 loss at Derby County on Wednesday, was back at training today
It was added to the player's fleet of cars which include a £150,000 Bentley Continental GTC convertible.
He has also been seen driving two Porsche Cayennes, a BMW M6 and Porsche 911.
Ronaldo was recently named World Player of the Year and his goals last season helped United win the Premier League and the Champions League.
Onlooker Jody Lomax told the BBC: 'The Ferrari went straight into the wall, his front left-hand wheel came off and then Ronaldo got out of the car.
'I was shocked. Anyway he was all right, he was walking - he was a bit shaken.'
'Obviously I was stunned at seeing a Ferrari go in the wall and seeing Ronaldo.
'He was obviously shaken, who wouldn't be? It's a shame about the car as well.'
A Manchester United spokesman said today: 'He (Ronaldo) was involved in an incident this morning. No other cars were involved.
'He's fine and is training as normal with the team this morning.'
Greater Manchester Police said: 'At about 10.20am on Thursday 8 January 2009, police were called to the A538 Wilmslow Road, near to Manchester Airport, following reports of a road traffic collision.
'Officers attended and discovered a Ferrari had collided with a barrier. No one is believed to have been injured. Inquiries are continuing.'

10-01-2009
V.I.P.

such a nice car too

In Bloom

He's an idiot. He was probably speeding How fortunate that he didn't kill anyone with his reckless driving.

we were in love

10-01-2009
backstage pass

i hope he wont be affected when he plays in tmr's crunch tie.

fashion insider

damn, he sure was lucky

11-01-2009
in the mood for love

Lucky sod. The car looks terrible

|/mirror queen\|

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
He's an idiot. He was probably speeding How fortunate that he didn't kill anyone with his reckless driving.

How do you know he was driving recklessly? Were you there?....

trendsetter

I read that the car slipped on some oil.

11-01-2009
fashion insider

God knows how he managed to do that, oil on the road would explain it I suppose. It's right near where I live. I've driven down there loads of times. But I guess when you're driving a Ferrari it's too tempting to go a bit fast. He was lucky not to be hurt.

12-01-2009
at the irish pub

I don't like that guy at all but i am glad he didn't hurt himself. About the photo that they put on the article, i guess it was the same expression on his face when he got out from that car,too

In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofialuv View Post
How do you know he was driving recklessly? Were you there?....
I don't need to be there. 23 year old male soccer player in a Ferrari? Of course he was driving too fast, why else would you buy a Ferrari?

we were in love

14-01-2009
backstage pass

as much as i love manutd and ronaldo, this had me laughed so much

At that point the Portuguese star must have been wondering what else could go wrong. Three days earlier he smashed up his Ferrari and within nano-seconds a viral email was doing the rounds, claiming: 'A police officer said that although Ronaldo wasn't injured in any way, he arrived at the scene to find the footballer rolling around on the ground, moaning that the wall wasn't back 10 yards'

bbc

there are more on the mirror's site
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-21027894/

backstage pass

i am happy that he is lucky but recently he got a parking fine.

17-01-2009
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaky View Post
God knows how he managed to do that, oil on the road would explain it I suppose. It's right near where I live. I've driven down there loads of times. But I guess when you're driving a Ferrari it's too tempting to go a bit fast. He was lucky not to be hurt.
I live about 10 miles away from it! We must live pretty near each other! It's a pretty straightforward road, he can't have been driving along at the speed limit and properly concentrating.

front row

such a pretty car...well it WAS. but wow amazing he got out intact!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
car, crash, cristiano, footballer, ronaldo, terrible, walked