How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-10-2007
coffee&tv

I think Steven Meisel came to everybody's mind.

24-10-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartarse View Post
Meisel, Anna and Ivan only puts the model out there it's the likes of Aerin Lauder and her family's business that pays the big bucks. in terms of money, yes, Aerin Lauder is very inflluential and important in the model's career. Also, coming from old money and investing in you, yup, she's very important in the industry.
Oh how many models has she chosen again ? 2 , 3 ? How many models have represented Estee Lauder in the past 10 years ? Two.That was really impressive.I'm repeating myself, Estee Lauder is indeed a fine prestigious brand , but Aerin Lauder has been influential for just two models's careers, how is that significant in any case ? Especially when you compare it to something like l'Oreal's casting ? Even money wise l'Oreal is a titan next to Estee Lauder.

Last edited by nanker_phledge; 24-10-2007 at 09:54 PM.
24-10-2007
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_levante View Post
My bad... "modeling" should have two L's.

you were right earlier... it's one L.

24-10-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanker_phledge View Post
Oh how many models has she chosen again ? 2 , 3 ? That was really impressive.I'm repeating myself, Estee Lauder is indeed a fine prestigious brand , but Aerin Lauder has been influential for just two models'careers, how is that significatn in any case ?
i think i have said it already. it's not how many times a models face is plastered to a glossy or on every billboards. its the MONEY -- how much it pays.

24-10-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptowngal View Post
you were right earlier... it's one L.

both are correct. the British use 2 'Ls', the americans use one.

24-10-2007
oh! darling

^ Ha ha ha, ohh.... fashion distracts me from my studies obviously!

fashion icon

ugh I know what you mean... I'm supposed to be studying calc for my test tomorrow, and I'm here on TFS!

24-10-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
i think i have said it already. it's not how many times a models face is plastered to a glossy or on every billboards. its the MONEY -- how much it pays.
Uh hi, you might as well remember that this thread is about the most influential people in modelling not how much money their contracts get them or else galliano and Dior or Prada would have featured in the top five before Aerin Lauder (re-read the description of each person of the list, money or how much money they win by getting a contract isn't mentioned in any of the paragraph),however the names of the models they've been involved ARE,or else Meisel's name wouldn't be mentioned (since he's not the one getting them the contracts) so that's not how MUCH these people pay them but how influent their decisions in choosing a model can effective for a model's career and Meisel/Anna Wintour got their names out there because they've influenced a lot of models career not just two or three.

If it's the money, then clearly l'Oreal should have been mentioned since they're the most important cosmetic brand (l'Oreal makes a 14 billions a year, Estee Lauder makes a mere 5...Do you think Estee Lauder pay them more than l'Oreal ? I doubt so)

Besides, I've never said that the number of times their faces get plastered on a billboard was important but how many models's career these have influenced was.I think there is a difference between the two , right ?

Last edited by nanker_phledge; 24-10-2007 at 10:11 PM.
24-10-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Uh hi, you might as well remember that this thread is about the most influential people in modelling not how much money their contracts get them or else galliano and Dior or Prada would have featured in the top five before Aerin Lauder (re-read the description of each person of the list, money or how much money they win by getting a contract isn't mentioned in any of the paragraph),however the names of the models they've been involved ARE,or else Meisel's name wouldn't be mentioned (since he's not the one getting them the contracts) so that's not how MUCH these people pay them but how influent their decisions in choosing a model can effective for a model's career and Meisel/Anna Wintour got their names out there because they've influenced a lot of models career not just two or three.

If it's the money, then clearly l'Oreal should have been mentioned since they're the most important cosmetic brand (l'Oreal makes a 14 billions a year, Estee Lauder makes a mere 5...Do you think Estee Lauder pay them more than l'Oreal ? I doubt so)

Besides, I've never said that the number of times their faces get plastered on a billboard was important but how many models's career these have influenced was.I think there is a difference between the two , right ?
uh, if you knew what kind of magazine it was written from you'd know it's alll about the money . and modeling is not just a face and how many times it lands a cover. every model wants to snag the biggest paycheck from a client, hence. the title.

Last edited by smartarse; 24-10-2007 at 10:16 PM.
24-10-2007
fashion insider

And that's why I'm surprised that Meisel does ANTM.

24-10-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
uh, if you knew what kind of magazine it was written from you'd know it's alll about the money . and modeling is not just a face and how many times it lands a cover. every model wants to snag the biggest paycheck from a client, hence. the title.
Then why do you think I've mentioned a brand like l'Oreal , smartarse ?

Because if it was just about the paychecks, l'Oreal should have been cited first or even Prada or Dior.

And why are Steven Meisel or Anna Wintour mentioned ?

beCuZ it'S nOT juST aBouT THe MonEYZ.

Last edited by nanker_phledge; 24-10-2007 at 10:25 PM.
24-10-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Then why do you think I've mentioned a brand like l'Oreal , smartarse ?

why dont you ASK FORBES, nanker?

LOL they wrote it not I, although, they're right about Aerin.

Last edited by smartarse; 24-10-2007 at 10:24 PM.
24-10-2007
God Save McQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by misssakura View Post
And that's why I'm surprised that Meisel does ANTM.
WHAT?????

also, I agree that Aerin shouldn't be on the list, just for the mere fact that Estee Lauder models are already hugely successful models when they are signed, their careers aren't made from those contracts, its just another thing to add to their successes

25-10-2007
fashion insider

I can't tell what the what is for haha...

25-10-2007
breakfast time

Quote:
Originally Posted by alix* View Post
I think Steven Meisel came to everybody's mind.
Exactly!

I think this is a pretty accurate list overall, but I will admit that I'm a little iffy on Aerin's inclusion on this list. However, there is no denying that Aerin and her business are prominent influences in this industry.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
forbes, important, modeling, people