French President Sarkozy dating supermodel Carla Bruni *Update* They're Married - Page 6 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-01-2008
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
Have you ever heard about his son???
it was a real mess when he used to live in Paris.... a rel disaster......
I had no idea that his son lived in Paris,what's the story ???

14-01-2008
tfs star

I've lost so much respect for Carla because of this.

little soul

Quote:

I totaly agree with you Mullet....
but that is very important for the Foreign-Politics....
for instance when Nicolas and Carla went somewhere in the Middle-East... they slept in the same room.... and in those country it's not really appreciated when you're not married.... I mean for this example, when you are a President and go in another country you must respect the rules..... not saying you must wear the burkha but try a little bit to respect.....
I never thought about it that way Does he have advisors? I guess he must want his own way...

I knew about Sarkozy/French politics for a long time before he was President - seems like he wanted this job a LOT, and now he seems such a joke. I do think we need politicians who are human, we can't expect them to be perfect. In England we are so afraid of a Prime Minister who has any misdemeanour in his past, but then we complain that they are all boring Yes, he has a private life but it's more and more like a soap opera - I never thought I would see French President on the same blog as Paris and Lindsay

V.I.P.

He is considered a conservative or liberal prez?

14-01-2008
tfs star

Conservative, by French standards.

15-01-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
nothing OFFICIALY confirmed....
but i swear the press is waiting soooooo much....
and the rumours run run run....
are the french waiting for such a confirmation...?
i don't know....
people around me are not reallly talking about it......

Quote:
I never thought I would see French President on the same blog as Paris and Lindsay
I prefer not to check this........

one question :
how foreigners are seeing all this story in the other countries???????

15-01-2008
V.I.P.

^Not well I must say. You're president is quite a stud.

But satisfaction brought it back
16-01-2008
V.I.P.

Ugh. I seriously am not going to support her music ever again. I wonder when the yes or no will break.

17-01-2008
fashion elite

^I feel that way too, and I loved her first album. But now every time she will purr about love, I will have mental images of Sarko springing to my head. Talk about a turn off.
Quote:
how foreigners are seeing all this story in the other countries???????
Berlin, I live in the UK and I can tell you the British press is having a blast. It just titillates the British natural franco-phobia that our president's life is such a real life farce. The jokes just write themselves.
Germany and Italy keep publishing cover stories with pictures of a scantily-clad Carla, so I am assuming they are having a lot of fun too. And go to the Huffington post to see what the American think...

PS:did you see that headline from Le Canard Enchainé? 'Il nous avait promis la lune, on n'aura que la lune de miel'. Genius, innit?

17-01-2008
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harumi View Post
^I feel that way too, and I loved her first album. But now every time she will purr about love, I will have mental images of Sarko springing to my head. Talk about a turn off.
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking! And it's even worse the other way around. As someone already said, a politician is not obgliged to live the picture-perfect married-with-children life, but this is too much and his reaction aren't exactly damage control, are they?

17-01-2008
V.I.P.

strange... in serbia's papers they do put them as cover story, but the reporters are really neutral... i guess it is part of sucking up to france

17-01-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
PS:did you see that headline from Le Canard Enchainé? 'Il nous avait promis la lune, on n'aura que la lune de miel'. Genius, innit?
i never read Le Canard.... but it's true it's good....

i'm pretty sad people are laughing of us....
i don't know how it was under Chirac or Mitterand (the only i've known...)
but all this story goes the wrong way, IMHO......

please people help us.... please say France is full of smart people.... and nice people....

17-01-2008
V.I.P.

Serbia loved Mitterand!!! He was very sweet old man.
Chirac...wel, he bombed us,so...
but the whole thing with mister president and MM wanna be is really like a freaking latin soap.
so, is she pregnant and are they married, for sure?

Last edited by m.j.; 17-01-2008 at 06:26 PM.
18-01-2008
Fly my pretties... Fly!

Nicolas Sarkozy 'secretly married' Carla Bruni
Has this been posted?

Quote:
Nicolas Sarkozy 'secretly married' Carla Bruni
By Henry Samuel in Paris
Last Updated: 2:28am GMT 16/01/2008

President Nicolas Sarkozy of France has married supermodel Carla Bruni at a secret ceremony held at the Elysée palace - two months after they met and three months after he divorced his second wife, it was reported today.

The regional newspaper l'Est Républicain, citing a source close to someone "present at the ceremony" said Mr Sarkozy, 52, and Miss Bruni, 40, exchanged vows at the presidential palace last Thursday after a highly publicised whirlwind romance.

If the reports are true, Mr Sarkozy is the first French leader to marry in office since Napoleon

An Elysée spokesman neither denied nor confirmed the report, saying that "this information relates to Nicolas Sarkozy's private life".

If it proves accurate then Mr Sarkozy was true to a prediction he made last week to the press in which he confirmed the seriousness of their relationship and said: "There are strong chances that you will hear about it (the wedding) when it has already happened."

Previous reports had suggested that a wedding had been provisionally planned for February 8 or 9.

L'Est Républicain has close ties to the Elysée and has had a recent scoop by publishing an exclusive interview with Mr Sarkozy's former wife Cécilia, who had refused to talk to the national press.

In October "Speedy Sarko", as he is known, announced his divorce two days after the event. In late November he met Miss Bruni, a former girlfriend of Sir Mick Jagger and Eric Clapton, at a dinner party with an advertising friend.

He appeared before photographers with her at Disneyland Paris three weeks later and has since taken her on trips to Egypt and Jordan.

Mr Sarkozy with Prince Salman Bin Abdul Aziz

Miss Bruni, now a successful singer who recently admitted to finding monogamy "boring," reportedly already has a room in the Elysée for herself where she can compose songs for her new album.

She has been seen sporting two large heart-shaped diamond rings offered by Mr Sarkozy and considered to be engagement gifts.

Marisa Tedeschi Bruni, her mother, recently told newspapers that the president had asked for her daughter's hand. "I said to him, 'Monsieur le Président, I have no reason to refuse'," she said. "Carla is living an authentic love story. I think that they make a good couple."

Mr Sarkozy's fast-track romance and gallivanting in private jets to exotic locations with his new love have, according to several polls, been viewed unfavourably by many French at a time of national anxiety over the economy.
advertisement

The report comes just four days after three books were released on his former wife of 11 years Cécilia, who paints her ex-husband in a highly unflattering light. In one, she describes him as a stingy philander who loves nobody, "not even his own children".

He has been accused in the past of timing announcements about his private life to overshadow political or image problems, such as his divorce last October just two days after the beginning of a nationwide transport strike.
[telegraph.co.uk]

18-01-2008
Fly my pretties... Fly!

Nicolas Sarkozy planning 'Italian honeymoon'
Quote:
Nicolas Sarkozy planning 'Italian honeymoon'
By Henry Samuel in Paris
Last Updated: 2:27am GMT 17/01/2008

French President Nicolas Sarkozy is planning a "Romeo and Juliet honeymoon" with Carla Bruni near the Italian city of Verona, days after they were rumoured to have married.

According to Italian media last night, Mr Sarkozy, 52, and Miss Bruni, 40, were due to arrive in the small town of San Vito di Negrar, near Verona, after Miss Bruni booked out La Magioca, a luxury lodge in the hills of the Valpolicella wine region.

Miss Bruni, who is Italian born, is said to be obsessed with Shakespeare's teenage lovers and wanted to be close to the play's setting.

The house reputed to have inspired the play's balcony scene was reopened to the public this week after work to remove lovers' graffiti from the walls.

A spokesman at Juliet's House in Verona yesterday said: "They would be welcome, like any other tourist, but of course we would be particularly delighted to receive them.

"There are lots of rumours, and there is a curiosity among our visitors. They keep asking if they are really coming."

The rumoured visit comes after L'Est Républicain, a newspaper with close links to the Elysée, cited a "very good source" in its account on Monday of a private civil ceremony at the presidential palace last week.

Last night, however, Mr Sarkozy declined to comment on the reports. "Don't count on me to confirm or deny it. My response is no comment," he said on an official visit to Qatar.

"When I've got something to say, I'll tell you. So stop looking into my private life."

Rumours about an impending marriage have been swirling around Paris since Mr Sarkozy announced that his relationship with Miss Bruni, 40, a singer and heiress to a tyre fortune, was "serious" and that the press would likely find out about their wedding after the event.

The "Sarko soap opera" has begun worrying his own entourage, with François Fillon, the prime minister, reported to have said: "He giggles at anything. He just wants to tell jokes or talk about bums.

"When we talk to the president, he does not always listen. He cancels meetings, which is not like him. Where will it end?"

The hotel said to have been booked, a converted stone farmhouse, boasts exposed wooden beams and an outdoor hot tub.

The rustic rooms are priced at between £120 and £300 a night. There is also a small chapel in the grounds, leading to speculation that the couple could marry there, if they had not already.

Meanwhile, Cecilia Sarkozy, Mr Sarkozy's former wife, could also be on the verge of re-marrying, according to Chi, an Italian gossip magazine.

The magazine said the president's former wife would marry Richard Attias "in the next few days".

The former Mrs Sarkozy and Mr Attias, a Moroccan-born events organiser, had a year-long affair in New York in 2005. In a book released last week, she said he was the true love of her life.
[telegraph.co.uk]

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bruni, carla, dating, french, married, president, sarkozy, supermodel, update