French President Sarkozy dating supermodel Carla Bruni *Update* They're Married - Page 8 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-02-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Açaelle View Post
They are officially married.
They married this morning.
How sad.
i don't know if this is sad....
but as everybody.... i think this is TOO FAST!!!!

maybe they knew each other before... that's not possible....
let's say 4 months and getting married.... i cannot figure if it's childish or adult????

02-02-2008
V.I.P.

best PR stunt ive seen in a while. this is like hollywood trash or worse....
they might fancy eachother but this is just a joke

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
02-02-2008
V.I.P.

I can't believe they married already. Maybe she really is pregnant.

02-02-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyla m. View Post
best PR stunt ive seen in a while. this is like hollywood trash or worse....
they might fancy eachother but this is just a joke
Why would a president of a country pull a PR stunt like this...

This all seems very un-presidential......and very hollywood tabloid sleaze...I swear if any of the American candidates running now pulled the crap Sarkozy has, they would be finished.

02-02-2008
tfs star

you put your finger on it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenenglish View Post
And the countdown to the split begins.

03-02-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
This all seems very un-presidential......and very hollywood tabloid sleaze...I swear if any of the American candidates running now pulled the crap Sarkozy has, they would be finished.
The French presidency has become a joke.

But satisfaction brought it back
03-02-2008
V.I.P.

^well everybody is now hoping that he'll 'come back' to work....
now that all this story is clear......

well i hope for him....
he's not in my heart, but his popularity is going down every day....

03-02-2008
backstage pass

her sister - valeria tedeschi bruni - has been awfully quiet in all of this (meanwhile their mom wont shut up)

i wonder if they're still on good terms - valerias prob finding this one hard to stomach!!

03-02-2008
-

Mr. Sarkozy is in for a major heartbreak. I feel sorry for him.

backstage pass

Sarkozy and Bruni keep a low profile after wedding
Quote:
Sarkozy and Bruni keep a low profile after wedding

President Nicolas Sarkozy and Carla Sarkozy at a café in the gardens of the Château de Versailles on Sunday. (Antoine Gyori/Reuters)

By Katrin Bennhold and Elaine Sciolino

Sunday, February 3, 2008

PARIS: President Nicolas Sarkozy, freshly remarried, will not take his glamorous new wife on a honeymoon, his office said Sunday. Instead, he will meet with French workers at a factory threatened by closure and then head to Romania on an official visit.

His three-month romance with Carla Bruni, the model-turned-pop-singer, has not impressed the French, opinions polls suggested. Five weeks before a round of local elections - Sarkozy's first electoral contest since taking office in May - the president's popularity has slumped to a record low.

So on Saturday, when Bruni and Sarkozy said "I do" in a small, 20-minute civil ceremony at the Élysée Palace, none of the photographers who had been along to snap the couple at Disneyland Paris or holding hands in Egypt were invited.

Sarkozy, 53, and Bruni, 40, were spotted walking hand in hand in the gardens near the Chateau of Versailles on Sunday, after spending their wedding night at a former hunting lodge the president has made his weekend residence, The Associated Press reported. They invited a small number of people to their wedding dinner at the lodge, the newspaper Le Journal du Dimanche reported.
The president's goal for the coming months, his advisers said, was to keep his private life out of the lime light. As his spokesman, David Martinon, put it: "He will work, reform, do the job of a president."

Sarkozy's decline in the polls has surprised even his enemies. Polls published last week by the institute TNS-Sofres showed that his approval rating had fallen 8 points in one month, to 41 percent. Political observers said that level was comparable to that of his predecessor, Jacques Chirac, nine months into his first term, after a three-week transportation strike.

In the past two months, Sarkozy's popularity has dropped because of his failure to revive France's economy and what the media has been calling the "Carla effect."

Pollsters said the voter discontent could be traced mainly to economic concerns - the increasing cost of living, the prospect of slower growth and fears about the government's plans for the labor market.

Against that gloomy background, Sarkozy's public relationship with Bruni - an Italian heiress who has dated Mick Jagger, Eric Clapton, Donald Trump and a former French prime minister, Laurent Fabius - struck many as lacking taste.

The brief statement the couple issued hours after the ceremony Saturday to confirm their marriage appeared to illustrate a change in strategy. "Ms. Carla Bruni Tedeschi and Mr. Nicolas Sarkozy would like to announce that they were married this morning in the presence of their families and in the utmost privacy," it said. Official confirmation initially came not from the Élysée but from the mayor of the Eighth Arrondissement, who officiated at the ceremony; the presidential palace is in that district.

"I married two voters of the Eighth Arrondissement who live at 55 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré," Mayor François Lebel said on Europe 1 radio, giving the Élysée's address. Clearly enjoying his sudden celebrity, Lebel added: "The bride wore white. She was ravishing, as usual. The groom wasn't bad either."

About 20 family members and friends witnessed the ceremony, which Lebel described in an interview by telephone as "intimate, warm and familial."

In a brief phone conversation in Italian, Marisa Borini, the bride's mother, said: "They got married this morning at the Élysée." Asked to describe the scene, she said she was busy and hung up.

Nicolas Bazire, who leads the private investment company of the French billionaire Bernard Arnault, and Mathilde Agostinelli, director of communications for Prada France - and a close friend of Sarkozy's second wife, Cécilia - were the witnesses for Sarkozy, Lebel said on television. The actresses Farida Khelfa and Marine Delterme were witnesses for Bruni.

The marriage will end the protocol nightmare that resulted from the love affair and will probably be embraced by some of the romantic French. "It's better to have a companion to whom you can tell everything," Bernadette Chirac, the former first lady, said RTL radio. Asked whether the event would upset life at the Élysée, she said: "This stuns, well, this stuns. I don't know, but it doesn't stun me. I find it very joyful! A marriage at the Élysée is marvelous!"

The twice-divorced Sarkozy is only the second president to be married while in office. Gaston Doumergue, a lawyer, Protestant and the son of a winemaker, was single when he was elected the 12th president of the Third Republic, in 1924. He married his childhood sweetheart in 1931, 12 days before he left office.
[Maia de la Baume and Basil Katz for IHT]

04-02-2008
trendsetter

I haven't followed the story properly, can somebody tell me, why are people so cynical about this? Maybe they just met and fell in love at first sight... Presidents are people too. People with needs.

04-02-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
Why would a president of a country pull a PR stunt like this...

You never know, when you are not that popular anything seems good to do.
Anyway, I am more inclined to think that Carla is milking it.
the last article says how they are in retreat after the wedding.... nonsense. they are so much in the spotlight holding hands etc that it makes me wonder. I think it was just yesterday the news were again showing official footage right after the wedding of both of them together.
Oh well, maybe true teenager love still exists even once you have well passed your teens...

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
04-02-2008
V.I.P.

CNN says his approval ratings are really bad right now...obviously...LOL

Maybe he can recover now that all this speculation is over.

04-02-2008
V.I.P.

^yes his approval ratings (thanks the word!) are really really down....
and it won't increase.... honestly....

today he met some workers and found time AGAIN to talk about himself and his wedding.... in a 15min. speech to workers who need to hear he's here to support him....
of course, media just talked about this sentence and not really about what he said....
but c'mone.... when you're a president and you're working.... you can leave you (HUGE) ego behind.....

the people are the reception were very small
but there were Victoire de Castellane's sister (i never remind her name, sorry.... but she was Cecilia best friend.... oh the friendship after a divorce, always loved!), Farida (ex topmodel and ex PR for JPG Couture, I think...), Carla's sister was there, too.... and about 20 others people....

and please don't tell me serious people get married after a 3months relationships.... some don't even sleep together after 3months....... ahah
love on first sight... pff.... it makes me think of a Las Vegas' wedding decision....

she was wearing a dress by Hermes.

style.com

04-02-2008
trendsetter

This woman is definitely a moth attracted to fame and power, although he's not rich she's in it for the adrenaline. She' been very casual about her affairs and he is emotionally blinded and horny for her fame and her looks (fading). Nice to know this is someone who can give a secret code to launch nuclear weapons.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bruni, carla, dating, french, married, president, sarkozy, supermodel, update