French President Sarkozy dating supermodel Carla Bruni *Update* They're Married - Page 9 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-02-2008
backstage pass

^
very well put. not to mention she's actually MUCH richer than he is - successful career but most importantly family money - so she's really in it for the power and the attention

05-02-2008
|/mirror queen\|

Of course it´s her looking for attention, i mean, he´s the president of France and she´s a model/singer...and besides he´s ugly!

tfs star

sorry if re-post. its from vogue.co.uk

Quote:
A BABY FOR BRUNIANOTHER day, another piece of breaking news to emerge from the whirlwind relationship between former model Carla Bruni and French President Nicolas Sarkozy - and this time, it involves another man. Italian weekly magazine, Chi, reports that Bruni is three months pregnant with the couple's first child together, a boy, and that they are both delighted with the news. After weeks of speculation, they married on Saturday in an intimate ceremony at Paris' Elysee Palace - just three months after they first met - and revealed their happy news to guests prior to the ceremony. If a Sarkozy Junior really is on the way, Bruni has a busy few months ahead; she is due to begin recording her third album this month. "The album is on the way, in pre-production," her agent, Bertrand de Labbey, told AFP. "When you record at this time of year, you always release after the summer, in September, October or November. There's no decision yet and we don't know whether we'll release a single or not." (February 5 2008, AM)

V.I.P.

^ if this rumour is true i now understand why they married, besides all the diplomatic and PR reasons....
honestly his electorate woldn't be really fond of a baby out-of-marriage....(christians etc.)
France is still pretty conversative, esp. on the right wing....

but for the moment, i'm not believing it...
because it means first : they didn't use condoms on first sleeps / second : she didn't use a pill (so she did it on purpose, and is what i call a s**t bourgeoise....) / three : they had it very quickly.... because it would mean she get pregnant by their first meetings.... which isn't very appropriate....
loving and sleeping on first sight.... what a naughty couple!

our President Couple is very very modern.....
maybe too modern for me......

what's coming next??? they are echangist....?

05-02-2008
V.I.P.

berlin rocks i agree with you, it all sounds a bit fast
and with carlas stories..... you never know

05-02-2008
V.I.P.

gosh... is Carla really disliked by the Europeans? or is it because she's with Sarkozy?

06-02-2008
backstage pass

Carla Bruni awarded damages from Ryanair
Quote:
Carla Bruni awarded damages from Ryanair

By David Millward, Transport Editor

Last Updated: 1:42am GMT 06/02/2008

Carla Bruni, the new bride of Nicolas Sarkozy, has won £45,000 damages from Ryanair.

The court estimated Carla Bruni's lost earnings at £45,000 rather than the £370,000 she had claimed

A court in Paris ordered the no-frills airline to pay the money after it used a picture of the couple in an advert without their permission.

The French president was separately awarded one euro (75p) in damages, the amount he was seeking.

The advert - which ran in the newspaper Le Parisien last week - depicted Miss Bruni, a former model, saying: "With Ryanair all my family can attend the wedding."

She had claimed £370,000, which she said would have been a normal fee for the use of her picture.

However, the court estimated her lost earnings at £45,000.
Ryanair said that in addition to the court's award it would donate £45,000 to a charity of Mr Sarkozy's choice.
[By David Millward, Transport Editor / telegraph]

06-02-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartarse View Post
gosh... is Carla really disliked by the Europeans? or is it because she's with Sarkozy?
well honestly, i didn't really care about her before....
as a model, she didn't even get my attention back in the 90s...

but it's true the fact she's dating Sarkozy makes you think she was maybe not the person you think she was....
this girl took part in a lot of stuff against this government (eps. against the DNA Test law that Sarkozy wanted to do.... ) and now she's married with the guy responsible of the things she wanted to fight.....
don't you think there's a problem???? like hyprocrisy????
i think she lost her credibility, now....

but I guess this is just french, and not all europeans....

yesterday on tv the editor-in-chief of Point de Vue (magazine about all europeans royal family) implied Nicolas and Carla maybe met before the 3months..... and are not together just for 3 months but more.....

now that makes sense.....

06-02-2008
fashion elite

I am dying laughing right now.
Le Nouvel Observateur (which isn't a gossip rag but a credible, respected political magazine) has run a story today saying that 8 (eight) days before his wedding, Sarko sent a SMS to ex-wife Cecilia saying: 'If you come back, I cancel everything'. Apparently, he did that before with the Figaro journalist he dated for a while during his first break from Cecilia. He threatened to marry her and Cecilia came back.
The funniest part is that Cecilia didn't even bother answering (she is marrying the guy she left Sarko for next month). God I think I just fell in love with this woman.
Anyway, it may be just gossip (though I believe it since it is in line with all the creepy things Sarko has done so far, including the engagement ring and the fact that Carla looks like Cecilia's younger sister), but if it is true, it is just the greatest tragicomedy ever.
What a mess...

06-02-2008
tfs star

that's kind of sad in a weird way lol

V.I.P.

Quote:
'If you come back, I cancel everything'.
Actually, I find that really sad, and a little heart-breaking.

But satisfaction brought it back
06-02-2008
V.I.P.

I think Carla just developed a bad rep for sleeping with married men.

06-02-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harumi View Post
I am dying laughing right now.
Le Nouvel Observateur (which isn't a gossip rag but a credible, respected political magazine) has run a story today saying that 8 (eight) days before his wedding, Sarko sent a SMS to ex-wife Cecilia saying: 'If you come back, I cancel everything'. Apparently, he did that before with the Figaro journalist he dated for a while during his first break from Cecilia. He threatened to marry her and Cecilia came back.
The funniest part is that Cecilia didn't even bother answering (she is marrying the guy she left Sarko for next month). God I think I just fell in love with this woman.
Anyway, it may be just gossip (though I believe it since it is in line with all the creepy things Sarko has done so far, including the engagement ring and the fact that Carla looks like Cecilia's younger sister), but if it is true, it is just the greatest tragicomedy ever.
What a mess...
I so believe this!!
i have always found kind of creepy the way Carla looks so much like Cecilia
and i find strange that he kept his wedding ring after the divorce, the story of the engagement ring and now the fast wedding.....
its all very strange

07-02-2008
V.I.P.

omg !!!!!
if I were Carla and learnt about this (obviously if she didn't know... now she knows) I would leave IMMEDIATELY!!!!!
don't care if it's gossips or not.... I would leave..... and just let him behind alone in his craps....

this story is really at the image of his politics....
tell me what you want me to do, no matter if it's good or not.... i just follow the best scores....

07-02-2008
backstage pass

I've never been so ashamed to be french...

And, the one hand, it's cool to have a playboy "i don't care of my nation" president, because lik this people have to face their stupid choice of last year. Sarkozy sucks, he's a poor president who tries to cheat us with his private life. Sarkozy = scandal and so Carla Bruni ( who is a poor singer too).

And Sarkozy doesn't deserve to be on TFS, he's just a dwarf who does not know of to dress correctly ( Tony Montana's style is old-fashioned, right ?)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bruni, carla, dating, french, married, president, sarkozy, supermodel, update