How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-01-2006
NOE
trendsetter

Friends Returning to TV?
Seminal sitcom FRIENDS is returning to television after each of its six stars agreed multi-million dollar deals to star in four one-hour specials.
In a secret meeting before Christmas (05), JENNIFER ANISTON, COURTENEY COX, LISA KUDROW, MATT LeBLANC, DAVID SCHWIMMER and MATTHEW PERRY reportedly agreed a $5 million (GBP2.7 million) apiece deal with NBC bosses in Los Angeles.
Scriptwriters have already started penning lines for the four double episodes, which are due to air next year (06).
Aniston, who has filmed a string of movies since the final Friends episode, was the last to agree to the new deal.
An NBC insider says, "She's the one who had been holding out. But she's now agreed to reprise RACHEL (GREEN).
"Bringing them back is a dream come true. Ratings will go through the roof."
Network bosses have also hinted at a second spin-off of the hit comedy, following the disappointing performance of Matt LeBlanc's show JOEY. The new programme will see the three male stars - Perry, Schwimmer and LeBlanc - pilot a series called IT'S A GUY THING.
An NBC spokesperson confirms, "Negotiations on future projects are going on all the time."

I just found this article on superiorpics.com... wasn't sure if they are just assuming that it may happen, or if it acutally is happening.
And I also just noticed that this forum is now called "Rumor has it" instead of "Fashion Daily"... which I like, and found oddly appropriate for my 'rumor' of an article:p

22-01-2006
V.I.P.

Wow....that really IS a big rumour.
Why can't these ppl just LET IT GO? They bowed out of the show gracefully - this is just like a desperate plea for a comeback because most of them aren't getting any other work (apart from Kudrow and Aniston).
I don't really miss the show but it would be interesting to see what the writers come up with for these specials.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
22-01-2006
NOE
trendsetter

I LOVED the show and always enjoyed seeing how the girls were styled for each episode... and in all honesty, NBC just hasn't been the same without Friends.

BUT, I still think it may be a strange idea that may not play out well if they don't have the best story lines. Things that get over-hyped often end up sucking...such as the Seinfield finale...and New Years Eve

rising star

I'M SO EXCITED!! But i hope they don't kill off any characters...or have anyone break up... i wonder what kind of show It's A Guy Thing will be like..i mean, chandler's married to monica and ross and rachel are together...

22-01-2006
windowshopping

that would be great!!!! I just hope it is not only a rumor!

22-01-2006
fashion elite

This is way beyond a bad idea.....

Friends was a time in tv history...let it stay there with honor....

go red sox

i hope, hope, hope this is true. i miss "friends" so much. i've actually been watching the dvd of the last season recently.

fashion icon

Maybe they thought that their movie careers would get better if they ended friends. Then when they saw that nothing much was happening they wanted to go back.

They were making more than a million dollars an episode for friends. I would never leave that!

22-01-2006
tfs star

well, now that aniston's movie career tanked ("derailed" and "rumor has it," anybody?), i'm sure she's aching to go back to tv!

22-01-2006
Adorable illusion

I dont think any of the Friends stars have had much success in films to be honest. I cant beleive how much they are getting paid though for four episodes

22-01-2006
V.I.P.

I hate Friends. It never was funny to me. Friends was just so, dull, nothing going for it at all. The clothes were terrible constantly (Pheobe dressed like a cracked out hippie and the boys dressed like butch lesbians), the plots oh-so original. NOW, Seinfeld would be another story, it never gets old.

22-01-2006
backstage pass

I used to watch Friends when it first began, but now. I mean it's not funny. What is the big deal about friends???

barcode

I really miss Friends, but it seems kind of desperate not only for the stars but for NBC as well.

I will watch of course because I have always loved the show.

23-01-2006
V.I.P.

this sounds great, really hope it's true!

23-01-2006
Day Dreaming

I kinda hope it's true as well..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
friends, returning, tv