How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-02-2013
V.I.P.

New info on this for 2013 season:

A-List (like Beyonce, Jennifer Aniston, Jessica Chastain) Exclusive: $100,000
A-List Non-Exclusive: $40,000-$60,000

Red Carpet Darling (Kerry Washington, January Jones) Exclusive: $40,000-$60,000
Red Carpet Darling Non-Exclusive: From $15,000 to generous non-monetary compensation such as flights, hotels, transportation, clothing

Reality TV Star/Buzzy “Celeb” (Bethenny Frankel, Kris Humphries): Between $0 and $5000, plus non-monetary compnesation depending on the brand.

A-list Bloggers: $0 to possible non-monetary compensation

More info: http://fashionista.com/2013/02/why-c...sit-front-row/

07-02-2013
tfs star

You would think they just go to enjoy the shows, but of course it's all about money.

07-02-2013
V.I.P.

Are there any who really do just go to enjoy the show(s)?

backstage pass

^that's what I wonder!

It really bothers me that some get paid so much. I even find travel compensation wrong but I can see it that the brands need the celebs to help get buzz and compensation to get there is more realistic/understandable. But to then pay some $100,000?

The stars must then be practically in contract to wear some of the designer at events.

backstage pass

Can I at least get a place in the front row? I wouldn't even ask for money.

I guess there also are stars who have to attend shows, in case they're their face or they have a contract with the brand.

I hope there is someone left who attends these shows for free and just enjoy watching.

08-02-2013
fashion insider

I'm wondering what if it's a house like Chanel. I feel like something as high profile as Chanel shouldn't have to pay people to attend.

V.I.P.

I feel like this only applies to those celebrities you rarely see at fashion shows (the ones that stand out like odd ducks). I doubt those like Kanye West, Kate Bosworth, the Olsen twins, & Chloë Sevigny are paid to sit in the front row. They seem to have a genuine interest in fashion.

16-02-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
New info on this for 2013 season:

A-List (like Beyonce, Jennifer Aniston, Jessica Chastain) Exclusive: $100,000
My god.... The celebs should be paying THEM to attend, to be honest. :p

16-02-2013
V.I.P.

What about established models at front rows? Like Jessica Stam at Marc Jacobs Fall 2013 for example?

16-02-2013
V.I.P.

With all that money the could rather pay the models who do their job and work their asses off instead of celebs that have enough of it already.
I would have thought it was privileged enough to sit in front row.

windowshopping

Quote:
Can I at least get a place in the front row? I wouldn't even ask for money.

I guess there also are stars who have to attend shows, in case they're their face or they have a contract with the brand.

I hope there is someone left who attends these shows for free and just enjoy watching.
yeah like Lana Del Rey for Mulberry? She was at the fashion show.. I wonder if she will keep on attending.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TianSoFine View Post
I'm wondering what if it's a house like Chanel. I feel like something as high profile as Chanel shouldn't have to pay people to attend.
Chanel doesn't pay celebrities for wearing their clothes, unlike many brands, even the bigger ones. So I doubt they'd pay for front row seats.

22-02-2013
trendsetter

Gross! I previously thought celebs attended fashion shows to stay 'on radar.' Reading that they get paid pisses me off. As someone else remarked: wasn't the front row supposed to be a privilege that you earned your way to?

I suppose if you're a celeb who fronts a brand (pun intended), the front row pay could be considered part of your salary, but even so, it's ridiculous. Is fashion that desparate they need to pay celebrities to attend? And are celebrities so cheap, they'll attend fashion shows just so they can get photographed? Seriously, this makes me dislike multimedia conglomerate culture all the more. I'm sure it's always been bad, but all this fakery is beyond gross. (I think some celebrities are genuinely interested in fashion, but they shouldn't have be paid for showing up.)

22-02-2013
V.I.P.

I think the Paris fashion shows carry more weight for stars who are A-list or starlets moving up the A-list. I've read that the brands will fly them over, dress them, put them up in a five-star hotel, 24-hour driver, etc... and it's all in exchange for the girl to get the press of being at the show. Of course, the girls chosen have to fit the brand. Like the one year Miu Miu had Jennifer Lawrence, Mila Kunis and Haillee Steinfeld---all new awards contenders at the time.

22-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by before View Post
Chanel doesn't pay celebrities for wearing their clothes, unlike many brands, even the bigger ones. So I doubt they'd pay for front row seats.
I heard they paid JLo last year

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
pricing, row