How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-06-2011
front row

George Clooney and Elisabetta Canalis split
Too bad...they made a nice couple

Hollywood star George Clooney has split up from his Italian girlfriend, actress Elisabetta Canalis.

Clooney and Canalis announced the separation in a joint statement

In a joint statement the pair, who dated for two years, said: "We are not together any more.
"It is very difficult and very personal and we hope everyone can respect our privacy."
The news of the break-up comes just weeks after Canalis said that she hoped to marry one day.
Clooney has vowed never to walk down the aisle again following his failed marriage to American actress Talia Balsam, who he married in 1989.
They divorced in 1993.

Canalis is known to Italian audiences as a television personality

The Ocean's Eleven star, considered to be one of the world's sexiest bachelors, has since been seen with a string of beautiful women.
He dated British model Lisa Snowdon and former cocktail waitress Sarah Larson before being introduced to Canalis by mutual friends in Rome.
She is a familiar face on Italian television and had a minor role in the film Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo in 2005.
The pair were seen together last Tuesday as they visited a restaurant near Clooney's home on Lake Como in Italy.
Clooney is currently in London filming his new film "Gravity" with Sandra Bullock.

www.skynews.com

22-06-2011
V.I.P.

Was the contract over? :p

22-06-2011
V.I.P.

I can't believe it. They just seemed so happy a week ago.

22-06-2011
V.I.P.

Is he like the older version of Leo???

22-06-2011
V.I.P.

Theory: could it be that guys who are very committed to their "causes" - for e.g., Decaprio, Clooney, Penn - just cannot commit to a woman!? Well, if the shoe fits... :p

23-06-2011
fashion icon

I'm beginning to think he is gay. I want him to date Nikola Jovanovic next. That would be hot.

No but seriously what's wrong with this guy?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
Lol totally agree.the whole story seemed so fake from the beginning..
Posted via Mobile Device

23-06-2011
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen_kass View Post
I'm beginning to think he is gay. I want him to date Nikola Jovanovic next. That would be hot.

No but seriously what's wrong with this guy?
It's a Rock Hudson thing. Apparently, he thinks girlfriends are good for his career.

23-06-2011
backstage pass

They made a cute couple, but there is something off about him. He has a splendid on-screen chemistry with his movie partners, but in real life... it just doesnt click on with girls. I dont want to go nowhere hear his sexual preferences, but something's always not right.

I always thought he was the cutest with this French student...

23-06-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
It's a Rock Hudson thing. Apparently, he thinks girlfriends are good for his career.
Why must he be gay? This isn't enough explanation?

from his playboy interview in 2000:

Quote:
PLAYBOY: Are we leaping to a conclusion to assume that you’ve got it made when it comes to women? What’s it like to be single and George Clooney?

CLOONEY: I had a much easier time before this.

PLAYBOY: Before you were a star?

CLOONEY: Before. Here’s an example of how it works. I had never been to the Playboy Mansion and really wanted to go. When I finally did, it was for one of the Mansion’s pajama parties, where I was hanging out with DiCaprio and Jim Carrey. We were all sort of protecting one another; you don’t want to seem like you’re desperate. I grew up with the magazine, so naturally I wanted to see the Grotto. When I got there, I was cornered by about 15 people, most of them pretty girls. But it’s not like you might imagine. Instead, they all wanted to have their picture taken with me. When that happens, it’s like you’re a cardboard cutout for people to stand next to. It’s not like talking to a girl and getting to know her. At the height of it, when there were people pulling at me from every direction and it was at its most embarrassing, some guy comes over and says, “Look at this ****, man! You got it made! Chicks are all over you." ” Meanwhile, I was thinking how much easier it was before this.

PLAYBOY: Was it really easier?

CLOONEY: Then it was just about being a guy talking to a girl and all the other stuff that’s so interesting about dating—that dance you do. You see somebody at a party and lock eyes and eventually get closer and closer to each other. Somehow you find a way to talk and maybe—all that stuff. That’s a turn-on. That has been taken away from me.

PLAYBOY: Like the guy at the Grotto, many men we know probably won’t feel too sorry for you.

CLOONEY: I know, and I’m not complaining, but it’s not what it appears to be. Yes, I can get their attention, but I could get their attention even if I were Raymond Burr. They recognize anyone who is famous. If you were to ask what I miss about the anonymity that I used to have, it’s that experience, that slow and natural getting to know someone—that kind of electricity.

PLAYBOY: But we imagine that few women ever reject George Clooney.

CLOONEY: It’s not the way people think. I’m different from a lot of guys. I don’t go up to girls I don’t know in a bar and ask them to dance. I never have. Never. I’ve never gone up to somebody I don’t know and asked them out. I just won’t do it and never did, because I never wanted to take my ego, as fragile as any guy’s, and hand it to some girl so that she could demolish it. To me it has always seemed like a stupid thing to do. So in terms of, like, “Hey, you want to go out?” I don’t do it.
from other interviews:
Quote:
We'd get into a fight and I'd just mentally leave. I'd think,'In a relationship, we should never have this kind of fight.' Then, instead of figuring out how to make it work, I looked for a way to get out of it. The truth is, you shouldn't be married if your that kind of person.
Quote:
It doesn't seem like a smart thing for me to do, and I'm pretty adamant about that, I don't have anything in me that says rush out and have kids. It's the ultimate responsibility.
Quote:
I'm too wrapped up in my work to think about children, I would need to show myself that I'm able to sustain a good long-term relationship before I could even imagine what being a father would be like.

Last edited by Decalion; 23-06-2011 at 02:45 PM.
24-06-2011
V.I.P.

I still don`t get why he must be gay, even after reading those interview parts.

24-06-2011
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefertiti87 View Post
I still don`t get why he must be gay, even after reading those interview parts.
I don't think those excerpts were meant to convince you he is gay, but rather the reverse.

Look, obviously you can be straight and not want one partner and kids. Obviously. But the fact remains that he purposefully bears a striking resemblance to Rock Hudson. I'm just saying.

25-06-2011
backstage pass

If he's gay why can't he come out already?he's 50 years old and his career's declining steadily,He's not such a super like Rock Hudson , for a middle-age with no more success ,true love will be his or her ultimate comfort

29-06-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
That's probably what he had one of his minions tell her, as they packed her bags.

30-06-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieJE View Post
If he's gay why can't he come out already?he's 50 years old and his career's declining steadily,He's not such a super like Rock Hudson , for a middle-age with no more success ,true love will be his or her ultimate comfort
He may get two Oscar nominations for 2011 films, one for directing The Ides of March, and the other for acting in The Descendants. His last film was the extremely underrated The American. Clooney's career goes from strength to strength. Why must you people wish domestic misery on this man?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
canalis, clooney, elisabetta, george, split