How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-12-2008
V.I.P.

^Whatever makes them happy!

12-01-2009
front row

Now it is True!!!!!!!!

Gisele BŁndchen & Tom Brady Are Engaged!

Originally posted Monday January 12, 2009 11:30 AM EST

Tom Brady and Gisele BŁndchen Photo by: KRISTIN CALLAHAN / ACE pictures; AXELLE / BAUER-GRIFFIN
Forget the Super Bowl party, it's time to plan a wedding.

Gisele BŁndchen and Tom Brady are making some major post-season plans after getting engaged in Los Angeles over the weekend, PEOPLE has learned.

The New England Patriots quarterback, 31, proposed with a diamond solitaire to the Brazilian supermodel, 28, on Friday.

"He asked and she accepted," a source close to the couple tells PEOPLE. Family and friends were informed over the weekend. An official announcement, as well as preliminary wedding details, are being planned by BŁndchen and her closest friends this week.

"The couple is discussing a huge fashionista event in the spring or a more intimate and quicker ceremony in Costa Rica, where Gisele has a home," the source adds.

First Marriage for Both

While engagement rumors flew – and were denied – before Christmas, the January engagement will mark the first marriage for both.

BŁndchen's agent told PEOPLE, "We don't comment on our clients' private lives."

Though BŁndchen had ended her longtime relationship with Leonardo DiCaprio in 2005, Brady was romantically involved when the couple met. Shortly after, he broke off his relationship with actress Bridget Moynahan.

In August 2007, Moynahan gave birth to Brady's son, John Edward Thomas

12-01-2009
fashion icon

Congrats, I like them together

fashion icon

It's good to know that these two are finally settling down...with each other.

13-01-2009
backstage pass

they seem very happy and down-to-earth. gisele was always like that. they kept low-profile with dicaprio. and she is doing the same with brady. its cool. its really what others should look up to.

13-01-2009
catch me if you can

Congrats to them - I too like them together. I wonder what her wedding dress will look like!

V.I.P.

I'm so happy for them! Looking forward to the wedding pictures!

20-01-2009
V.I.P.

Those two make a great couple, so cute and seem really happy together!
I wish them all the best

20-01-2009
fashion insider

aww, sweet!

22-01-2009
trendsetter

Which is it?!?

Quote:
Gisele and Tom Brady Arenít Engaged After All

Ten days ago, People reported Gisele BŁndchen and Tom Brady were engaged for real. And we believed them, because it's hard not to trust a magazine that's ó in all seriousness ó quite well-reported, yet also so colorful. But Gisele told Brazilian magazine Caras she's not engaged after all. The Boston Herald reports:

ďI donít know how people are so creative,Ē said Gi, who was back home in Brazil for S„o Paulo Fashion Week. ďFirst they said he proposed to me in a plane. Imagine, it was Dec. 24, Christmas, we were flying to Boston, then there was some champagne and we celebrated the date.

ďReady? Someone deduced I was getting engaged! I received more than 100 e-mails from friends commenting about the proposal. Now thereís a new rumor, that he proposed to me on last Friday [sic]. I wasnít even there, how can that be true?Ē
source

26-02-2009
V.I.P.

Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady Reportedly Get Married

WonderWall, February 26, 2009
Related: Love Notes, Gisele Bundchen, Married, Tom Brady
UsWeekly is reporting that supermodel Gisele Bundchen and NFL quarterback Tom Brady were married today in an intimate ceremony at a Catholic church in Los Angeles.
According to Us, Gisele wore a Dolce & Gabbana dress, and even outfitted her three dogs with matching floral lace collars from the high-end designer.
The ceremony was reportedly attended by family and close friends, including Tom's son John Edward Thomas Moynahan, who was born to Brady's

27-02-2009
V.I.P.

Aww, congrats to them. Now go make the most beautiful children ever.

27-02-2009
V.I.P.

awwww so happy for them, they re gorgeous together.
i can t wait to see their baby

27-02-2009
V.I.P.

Gisele and Tom Brady=Married!
It's official!

Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady wed Thursday just before 6 p.m. at the St. Monica Catholic Church in Santa Monica, Calif., Usmagazine.com confirms.

The bride, 28, donned a form-fitting ivory lace strapless gown with a trumpet skirt, scalloped edges, long train and a floor-length veil with attached handmade satin roses and attached satin headband, all by Dolce & Gabbana. Her three dogs also wore matching Dolce & Gabbana floral lace collars.

The ceremony -- which began at dusk -- was "very small and intimate," a source tells Us, adding that guests mostly consisted of immediate family. Brady's 1 son with ex-girlfriend Bridget Moynahan , John Edward Thomas Moynahan, was also present.

(Fitting, as Bundchen once described her ideal wedding as "a simple ceremony...I don't like parties, I prefer something more intimate, just for the closest people.")

After the wedding, they had a small gathering at their home in L.A.'s Brentwood neighborhood. Brady's wedding band was visible upon leaving the church, while Bundchen carried her new stepson to the car.

Yahoo news

27-02-2009
V.I.P.

Major congrats to them - I'm glad they were able to keep it secret long enough to get the wedding they wanted!

Tags
birth, brady, bŁndchen, expecting, gave, girl, gisele, tom, update