How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-12-2010
fashion insider

oh, give me a break!!! Have you worked with all other models or what??? What you say is absurd and I bet it has nothing to do with reality! She is surely one of the best models to work with, but please, do not put all other models in B group just because they are not Gisele! She does not overshadow other models! She is just one of them!

27-12-2010
V.I.P.

And she married well too, I think Tom Brady is one of the best quarterbacks in the game as well as the richest. And they look good together! LOL

27-12-2010
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvysearch View Post
She's not the most beautiful model. [B]But she's the most talented model.[/B] that's the difference. she knows how to move. A photographer can get the right shot with her in the first few frames. There's no effort working with Gisele as there is with more arguably "beautiful" models. And she has some type of force or presence that just overshadows other models. It has a little bit to do with the fact that she looks like she could kick your ***.
im not sure what are your criterias for being teh best model but to me giselle is not the most talented supermodel. there are so many better models than giselle but they just dont have that commercial appeal like giselle or heidi klum.

giselle is a very beautiful and hot supermodel. and im sure her sexiness is the major factor behind her success. giselle is doing spectacular in covers or eds that focus on her sex appeal but other than that i dont think she is a versatile supermodel. imo, kate, daria, raquel, karen are consider as true talented models.

27-12-2010
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvysearch View Post
She's not the most beautiful model. But she's the most talented model. that's the difference. she knows how to move. A photographer can get the right shot with her in the first few frames. There's no effort working with Gisele as there is with more arguably "beautiful" models. And she has some type of force or presence that just overshadows other models. It has a little bit to do with the fact that she looks like she could kick your ***.
That can be said about a dozen models. While Gisele may be one of the highest paid, it doesn't mean she's "better" than other models.

28-12-2010
fashion insider

I totally agree with the last 2 posts!!! Well said guys!

06-05-2011
V.I.P.

Gisele tops the Forbes list yet again this year.
Does she really earn $45 million a year? she's going to be a billionaire soon if she keeps working this much and being so much in demand. Craziness.

http://www.forbes.com/2011/05/05/top...ng-models.html

06-05-2011
hors concours♛

What's even more crazy is she hardly worked much last year after the bith of her son. Her businesses must be boomin. GO Gisele

When in doubt, wear red.

Congrats to her!!! But I think this list is a bit strange Gisele and especially Heidi make so much money beacause they are businesswomen besides modelling. So I know they make a lot of money by being models( mostly Gisele rather than Heidi) but all their millions come from their clothing or flip flops lines, tv shows for Heidi etc. You can't make 45 or 20 million a year just by beng a model, or maybe if you book all the campaigns during an entire year.

hors concours♛

Here's some of the article from Forbe's.

The World's Top-Earning Models
Elite models are prospering, but newcomers aren't scoring the same paydays as before the recession.

The economic recovery has been good for the world's top-earning models. With consumers again cautiously spending on luxury goods, the 10 top-earning female models on the planet made a combined $112 million in the 12 months to May--up 30% from a total of $86.5 million over the previous year. Most of this gain was enjoyed by the top three: Gisele Bündchen, Heidi Klum and Kate Moss. The trio have transformed themselves from supermodels to business moguls, stepping off the runway and into the role of designers, entrepreneurs and pop icons.

Bündchen is an unparalleled force within the fashion industry and a brand name herself. Last month she got a shout-out in an unlikely forum: the third-quarter earnings call of Procter & Gamble ( PG - news - people ). Why? P&G's Pantene shampoo sales exploded 40% in Latin America after Bündchen started slinging the suds.

"Gisele Bündchen is clearly in a class by herself, and has been for a number of years," says Edward Razek, chief marketing officer of Limited Brands ( LTD - news - people ), who worked with the supermodel during her Victoria's Secret career. "She's an international icon who can also move product--from shampoo to couture." The economic impact of a Bündchen-backed campaign has placed her far ahead of her peers, earning the Brazilian bombshell an estimated $45 million over the past 12 months. Her earnings climbed $20 million over the previous year, thanks to an economic boom in her homeland of Brazil coupled with a 10% surge in the value of the Brazilian real against the dollar.

Heidi Klum, the German supermodel and host and executive producer of Project Runway, at No. 2 on our list with estimated earnings of $20 million. Since ending her 13-year run as a Victoria's Secret Angel last year, Klum has become more of a businesswoman than a model. She's partnered with New Balance and Amazon.com to launch a clothing line and inked a 20-episode deal to host a new show on Lifetime, called Seriously Funny Kids.

While elite models are prospering, newcomers aren't scoring the same paydays as before the recession, with companies continuing to keep spending reined in. "People took a very realistic look at what they were paying models and what made sense," says Razek. "There was a substantial adjustment in rates--maybe not for Gisele, but for the daily working model--and most people found the world didn't collapse."

Victoria's Secret continues to launch some of the industry's most intriguing new faces. Among them: the blond South African beauty Candice Swanepoel, who debuts at 10th on our list with estimated earnings of $3 million over the past year. Swanepoel has caught the eyes of industry insiders, who say she could become the world's next top model.

forbes.com

Last edited by michelabella; 06-05-2011 at 06:25 PM.
06-05-2011
scenester

We should take in consideration that Forbes is a very, very serious magazine, and their figures can be considered accurate. That said, she increased Pantene's sales in Latin America by 40%, that must count for something. Plus, her sandals line does really well in Europe. So I'm not surprised that she is making that much money.

06-05-2011
fashion icon

Oh please, this is utter bullsh*t. She even said herself that Forbes gets it wrong. There is no doubt in my mind that she is the highest paid model but $45 million? No. Sorry. Wrong. Forbes or no Forbes, I don't personally see how she could make that much money. Maybe they are adjusting for inflation or something, but a model making as much money as an athlete or an actor? I don't get it. I don't see how it is possible for a model to make $45 million. She isn't Ralph Lauren or anything.

06-05-2011
don't look down

I believe she has investments in many areas - including property - which, when added to her earnings from modelling and the profits from her businesses, probably do add up to a considerable income, when taken together. Money makes money - earning the first million is the hardest part, but once you can invest serious amounts in sensible ventures, the returns can roll in.
Posted via Mobile Device

07-05-2011
scenester

Her sandals collection is a huge success both in Brazil and Europe. As for her denial regardings Forbes' numbers, I find that very elegant.

07-05-2011
fashion elite

Forbes takes into account all business ventures, not just modeling. They are a highly respected business magazine and I doubt they would report false information. Even Vogue references their Top Earning Models list, so I think it's safe to say their estimations are right on point.

01-06-2011
scenester

... and a possible billionaire! via Forbes: http://blogs.forbes.com/andersonantu...a-billionaire/

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bundchen, gisele, model, powerful, richest, world