How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-06-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by Midori@Jun 7th, 2004 - 1:35 pm
I can understand both of you. True shop assistants should do their job, but they also have right to refuse service. I don't own any shop and i'm not a shop assistant, i see everything from the customers side and since i'm not a homeless customer i need their service.
But they should never be denied service based on their weight, height, clothing they wear, or race.

It's call business etiquette.

If they’re causing a scene or disturbing people then they should be asked politely to leave the store.

07-06-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by CelineChic+Jun 7th, 2004 - 8:37 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CelineChic @ Jun 7th, 2004 - 8:37 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Midori@Jun 7th, 2004 - 1:35 pm
I can understand both of you. True shop assistants should do their job, but they also have right to refuse service. I don't own any shop and i'm not a shop assistant, i see everything from the customers side and since i'm not a homeless customer i need their service.
But they should never be denied service based on their weight, height, clothing they wear, or race.

It's call business etiquette.

If they’re causing a scene or disturbing people then they should be asked politely to leave the store. [/b][/quote]
Sure.

07-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by CelineChic@Jun 7th, 2004 - 1:43 am
Being a retail sales person is one step above being a waiter. There is no glamour in serving people and having to do what they ask you to do.

I once went on a walk dressed in yoga pants, trainers and a hoodie in NYC. I stopped inside Gucci to check out the new purse I wanted. None of the sales people even looked at me. I then turned to the snottiest looking one pointed at the purse I wanted and said

"I hope it won’t be too much trouble for you to lift a little finger and wrap that purse up for me"

Then when she asked me if I'd be interested in looking at anything else I said “Nah I wouldn't want you to put forth too much effort… it didn't seem like you wanted to help me in the first place"

She looked mad when I said that but she still put on her fake smile
whatever.... ...you still bought the stupid bag...if they wre so rude...i would have walked out and spent my money eslwhere...the lazy saleschick still got her comission...so i'm sure she was happy...

i don't get your point there...

07-06-2004
trendsetter

Softgrey, you made a great point. Unfortunately, I think people have gotten used to and maybe in some strange way, have come to expect/accept, rude/snotty salespeople in high-end shops. Every customer that is treated badly should write to the comapny's headquarters and threaten to take their business elsewhere. If a comapny receives enough of these complaints, perhaps they will retrain their sales staff and/or hire more customer-oriented people.

I would like to add that the Chloe boutique on Madison Ave has good salespeople as well as Anna Sui in SoHo. I was particularly impressed with Anna Sui because I went with my friend who is a size 14 and the salesperson made my friend feel completely welcome and went to the basement to get the larger sizes for her.

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by stylegurrl@Jun 7th, 2004 - 10:01 pm
I would like to add that the Chloe boutique on Madison Ave has good salespeople as well as Anna Sui in SoHo. I was particularly impressed with Anna Sui because I went with my friend who is a size 14 and the salesperson made my friend feel completely welcome and went to the basement to get the larger sizes for her.
I'm happy to hear this.

07-06-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey+Jun 7th, 2004 - 2:17 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jun 7th, 2004 - 2:17 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CelineChic@Jun 7th, 2004 - 1:43 am
Being a retail sales person is one step above being a waiter. There is no glamour in serving people and having to do what they ask you to do.

I once went on a walk dressed in yoga pants, trainers and a hoodie in NYC. I stopped inside Gucci to check out the new purse I wanted. None of the sales people even looked at me. I then turned to the snottiest looking one pointed at the purse I wanted and said

"I hope it won’t be too much trouble for you to lift a little finger and wrap that purse up for me"

Then when she asked me if I'd be interested in looking at anything else I said “Nah I wouldn't want you to put forth too much effort… it didn't seem like you wanted to help me in the first place"

She looked mad when I said that but she still put on her fake smile
whatever.... ...you still bought the stupid bag...if they wre so rude...i would have walked out and spent my money eslwhere...the lazy saleschick still got her comission...so i'm sure she was happy...

i don't get your point there... [/b][/quote]
SHe looked like she was going to cry/piss her pants when her manager came into the room and asked me if everything was ok.

I wouldn't be shocked if she got fired after that because i havent seen her since.

I bought the 2,000$ bag to show the bitch that she shouldn't judge.

I frankly dont care if she took the commision or not because It probably still isn't enough for her to buy a purse like that. Secondly it was just the way I belittled her when I spoke to her that was my power rush.

I guess you had to be there.

07-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

you sound horrible...glad i wasn't there...

if you had any balls you WOULD have said something to the manager...that's how a civilized person handles these situations...the fact that you get your kicks belittling people shows what a little person YOU are my dear...

hope you grow up soon...

07-06-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 7th, 2004 - 8:06 pm

if you had any balls you WOULD have said something to the manager...that's how a civilized person handles these situations...the fact that you get your kicks belittling people shows what a little person YOU are my dear...

hope you grow up soon...
I agree 100% softgrey! There was an intelligent and mature way to handle that situation-it's a shame it didn't cross CelineChic's mind

fashion icon

It would of been quite inmature of me to taddle on her to her manager and directly be responsible for her getting fired. I prefer to indirectly get them fired. If she got fired after that episode then it was 100% her fault for not serving me. Not my fault at all.

But since you people enjoy trying to get others in trouble then feel free to do it but that is what I figure is inmature. Grade 3 kids taddle.

I cant stand people who insist on crying and bitching to managers. It's so childish and makes people sound like little babies telling mommy that so and so was rude.

I'd rather have the sales person realize how rude and stupid they are.

Stylegurrl, dont even try to pull the intelligence card on this situation. Nice try though hun

07-06-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 7th, 2004 - 8:06 pm

hope you grow up soon...
Actually quite the contrary, I had the balls to indirectly show her how much of a snot she was.

Much better than going to the manager and complaining like a little girl who had been ignored.

If you have a problem it is best to always take complaints to the source of the problem. Working through a third party (the manager) is useless especially if they have no clue what is going on and will only hear my side of the story.

07-06-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by CelineChic@Jun 7th, 2004 - 5:59 pm

I frankly dont care if she took the commision or not because It probably still isn't enough for her to buy a purse like that. Secondly it was just the way I belittled her when I spoke to her that was my power rush.

belittling her is the same thing she was tring to do to you

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by Spacemiu+Jun 7th, 2004 - 9:16 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spacemiu @ Jun 7th, 2004 - 9:16 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CelineChic@Jun 7th, 2004 - 5:59 pm

belittling her is the same thing she was tring to do to you [/b][/quote]
You're right. I guess I just stooped to her level.

I enjoyed doing it back to her. Gave me a sort of power rush.

In the end my actions did not negatively affect me, hers most likely did.

I actually got a nice purse out of it

07-06-2004
V.I.P.

this is surprising to me because everytime i've been into gucci or dior at rodeo drive the sales people have always been more than nice to me and who ever i'm with.

one gucci woman loveddd my ducker shirt and kept asking about it. hmm...

that's awful that they treated her like a toddler.

oh i would also add that on a different trip in gucci we were looking at the dresses and handled some of them, like the beaded ones, that weigh like 20 pounds

07-06-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by loserunit@Jun 7th, 2004 - 9:27 pm
this is surprising to me because everytime i've been into gucci or dior at rodeo drive the sales people have always been more than nice to me and who ever i'm with.

one gucci woman loveddd my ducker shirt and kept asking about it. hmm...

that's awful that they treated her like a toddler.

oh i would also add that on a different trip in gucci we were looking at the dresses and handled some of them, like the beaded ones, that weigh like 20 pounds
You're right they usually are nice and always do their job like they're supposed to.

I think that time in NYC was the first time it ever happened to me. I think it was because the way I was dressed.

07-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

hahaha...you still sound horrible...

tattle...not taddle...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
gossipmarissa, gucci, humiliated, jaret, winokur