How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-06-2004
chaos reigns

Girls, girls ... please chill, you ALL are beautiful AND smart!

07-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by blumarine@Jun 7th, 2004 - 11:08 pm
Girls, girls ... please chill, you ALL are beautiful AND smart!
don't you know that lying is a sin...blumarine...that is not realistically possible...not everyone is smart...

although...beauty IS is in the eye of the beholder...

07-06-2004
fashion icon

Softgrey attempted to insult my intelligence by showing me that I spelled the word "tattle" incorrectly.

English is not my mother tongue, but I still managed to complete my MBA in one year at an English university. Good thing for spell check on Word.

Oxford never prepared me to argue with people who spend their days posting on a fashion forum. Especially with the ones who have managed to accumulate 5185 posts in 4 months, averaging 43.2 posts per day.

07-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by CelineChic@Jun 7th, 2004 - 11:50 pm
Softgrey attempted to insult my intelligence by showing me that I spelled the word "tattle" incorrectly.

English is not my mother tongue, but I still managed to complete my MBA in one year at an English university. Good thing for spell check on Word.

Oxford never prepared me to argue with people who spend their days posting on a fashion forum. Especially with the ones who have managed to accumulate 5185 posts in 4 months, averaging 43.2 posts per day.
sticks and stones little lady...sticks and stones...won't change the facts...

08-06-2004
fashion icon

I think you've mistaken your OPINION for a fact.

Go back to grade 6 and you can re-learn the difference.

If you're going to state “facts”, as you say, you may want to back them up with some evidence or else you loose all credibility.

08-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

your posts are all the evidence one needs...

you've proven my point many times over...

08-06-2004
fashion icon

oh gosh, I'm arguing with an "internet persona" who cant even differentiate fact over opinion. What has the world come to?

I'm going to play moderator as say that we're going off topic so I'll end my arguement with someone who doesnt have any skills to debate.

08-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

yawn...

08-06-2004
trendsetter

Having worked in retail for my university years, and being of manageriall level during that time, I no longer feel that comfortable going into the big brand stores. Maybe it's because it's Asia and i am NOT the petite Asian style, not even petite just average for a westerner. I find the attitude, regardless of how well or badly I am dressed, off-putting. Therefore I now shop mainly at small designer brands because their service is friendlier, their styles are often funkier and it reflects more of the country that i live in as opposed to conforming to dictate issued in Milan, Paris, NYC or wherever.

My point - I seldom go into these stores.

And I agree with Blu

Having read enough posts in this forum from each Softie and Celine - you are both smart, intelligent people. Your techniques differ and that is what helps to make the world go round.

Enjoy

08-06-2004
fashion elite

Celinechic,does the word "immature" ring a bell?
And don't even start another argument-I can see a mod bearing down now.

Mannikin

Quote:
Originally posted by CelineChic@Jun 7th, 2004 - 9:07 pm
It would of been quite inmature of me to taddle on her to her manager and directly be responsible for her getting fired. I prefer to indirectly get them fired. If she got fired after that episode then it was 100% her fault for not serving me. Not my fault at all.

But since you people enjoy trying to get others in trouble then feel free to do it but that is what I figure is inmature. Grade 3 kids taddle.
I don't think so. That's why there are managers, ya know?

But probably, that way you'd tell would be immature...

08-06-2004
Mannikin

Quote:
Originally posted by ignitioned32+Jun 8th, 2004 - 2:19 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ignitioned32 @ Jun 8th, 2004 - 2:19 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CelineChic@Jun 7th, 2004 - 9:07 pm
It would of been quite inmature of me to taddle on her to her manager and directly be responsible for her getting fired. I prefer to indirectly get them fired. If she got fired after that episode then it was 100% her fault for not serving me. Not my fault at all.

But since you people enjoy trying to get others in trouble then feel free to do it but that is what I figure is inmature. Grade 3 kids taddle.*
I don't think so. That's why there are managers, ya know?

But probably, that way you'd tell would be immature... [/b][/quote]
lol I think I got caught up in the moment so I'll explain this nicely.

I know why people think being this "tattle" is a bad thing. It's because you think people who do this are weak, helpless or just plain or can't do this on their own. But I think people who think that are just PROUD. And there is a difference. Saying this to a manager is not a "tattle". "Tattles", I believe, are those who lie about other people to get their way or can't do things on their own that they NEED to do, like chores or office work.

Back on topic, I seriously think it is right thing to do. That's why there is a manager, to report these things to. If you don't report it or "let it slide" or do things on your own, you won't be helping really. If you want change you must report it.

08-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

my shopping experiences in london...
2 shops...same day...
martin margiela and vivienne westwood...

margiela...i spent some cash in margiela because the sales staff and the store were amazing and i didn't ever want to leave and when i did leave i wanted a reminder of the experience...love...

on the other hand...
i couldn't wait to get out of vivienne westwood...there was just a sour taste in the air...the sales staff all seemed so bitter...(i still think it had something to do with the fact that they have to wear those miserable shoes of hers...)...so consequently...i purchased nothing...

i was wearing the same thing...same day... just down the street from one another ...two completely different experiences...

and then in brown's they wouldn't leave me alone and i felt claustrophobic so i had to get out immediately...certainly did'nt buy anything in there...

i do think the sales staff is quite important...and the majority of them really aren't well trained...we have very few professional salespeople nowadays...a good salesperson is hard to find...and i shop everywhere...from high to low...so i see it firsthand...i'd say customer service is pretty poor ...

anyway...i usually pretty much ignore the salespeople until i want/need something from them...and then usually if i'm nice to them...they're nice back...if they're not...i just leave the store...without buying anything...

you see ...money talks...and we have the loudest voice with our spending habits...money=power...and however much money you have...that's how much power you have...so spend wisely my friends...decide carefully who you will support with those dollars...think...excercise your voice...speak out...

CAN AH GET AN AMEN...?...

08-06-2004
trendsetter

Amen!

Great post softgrey.

flaunt the imperfection

hahaha...hallelujah...thx stylegurrl...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
gossipmarissa, gucci, humiliated, jaret, winokur