How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-06-2004
Naturellement pulpeuse

In Oxford last week I walked into McDonalds with some friends (it was the only place open, I don't eat at McD's out of choice)...I got served in like ten seconds...I was wearing a full Jaeger business suit, YSL tie, trifold pocket-square, blue spats, etc... Then the next morning I went in wearing jeans and t-shirt and it took me like ten minutes to get served. So y'see

08-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

so what does that mean prince?...that even the staff at mcdonald's are snobs?...hahaha...

maybe it's an epidemic?...

08-06-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jun 8th, 2004 - 7:16 pm
In Oxford last week I walked into McDonalds with some friends (it was the only place open, I don't eat at McD's out of choice)...I got served in like ten seconds...I was wearing a full Jaeger business suit, YSL tie, trifold pocket-square, blue spats, etc... Then the next morning I went in wearing jeans and t-shirt and it took me like ten minutes to get served. So y'see
McDondalds girls got legshaking from your absolutely gorgeous suit i'm sure.

08-06-2004
fashion elite

Amen softie!
its true prince..once there was a looong line..the salesgirl told the expats "Next counter, PLEASE" and to the locals-"Next counter",very brusquely. Just goes to show...

V.I.P.

I'm frequently surprised at how ill-suited many sales clerks are to be in the retail environment. Handselling used to be a valued skill and now it seems like just getting someone to take your money is a hassle. It takes some of the joy off shopping.

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by ignitioned32+Jun 8th, 2004 - 2:19 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ignitioned32 @ Jun 8th, 2004 - 2:19 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CelineChic@Jun 7th, 2004 - 9:07 pm
It would of been quite inmature of me to taddle on her to her manager and directly be responsible for her getting fired. I prefer to indirectly get them fired. If she got fired after that episode then it was 100% her fault for not serving me. Not my fault at all.

But since you people enjoy trying to get others in trouble then feel free to do it but that is what I figure is inmature. Grade 3 kids taddle.
I don't think so. That's why there are managers, ya know?

But probably, that way you'd tell would be immature... [/b][/quote]
I think you should read up on Professor Henry Mintzberg's Management Theories. He is quite famous on the topic.

You can find one of his management articles in the Harvard Business Review. You'll learn a lot about managers and their roles.

The man is a genius! Please inform yourself.

09-06-2004
fashion elite

Do you continually need to pick a fight with anybody who opposes your point of view? You were wrong. So please get over it.

Mannikin

Quote:
Originally posted by prixi@Jun 9th, 2004 - 2:16 am
Do you continually need to pick a fight with anybody who opposes your point of view? You were wrong. So please get over it.
Thank you.

09-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
i like your style...

09-06-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by CelineChic+Jun 9th, 2004 - 2:55 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CelineChic @ Jun 9th, 2004 - 2:55 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by ignitioned32@Jun 8th, 2004 - 2:19 am
<!--QuoteBegin-CelineChic
Quote:
@Jun 7th, 2004 - 9:07 pm
It would of been quite inmature of me to taddle on her to her manager and directly be responsible for her getting fired. I prefer to indirectly get them fired. If she got fired after that episode then it was 100% her fault for not serving me. Not my fault at all.

But since you people enjoy trying to get others in trouble then feel free to do it but that is what I figure is inmature. Grade 3 kids taddle.*

I don't think so. That's why there are managers, ya know?

But probably, that way you'd tell would be immature...
I think you should read up on Professor Henry Mintzberg's Management Theories. He is quite famous on the topic.

You can find one of his management articles in the Harvard Business Review. You'll learn a lot about managers and their roles.

The man is a genius! Please inform yourself. [/b][/quote]
I'm not quite sure about that particular management style, but as a store manager I appreciate being told when one of my employees acts out of line. They don't just get "fired" for being "tattled on", they receive feedback that allows them to see why their actions created a negative shoppong environment for our customers. They are given a warning for this type of behavior and trained on how the customer feels coming into a shop with poor service. Getting feedback from underserved customers simply enables managers to ensure that the next customer has a great time in my store.

09-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

excellent post mayim...

you explained it perfectly...

09-06-2004
rising star

Thanks! You know I'm a retail girl...

09-06-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Wrong for doing what? Please explain, I'm just dying to know your logic

I'm not picking fights. The people who think I'm picking a fight are obviously the ones who arent smart enough to know what I'm talking about or see that I'm just stating facts to counter their OPINIONS.

I seriously think some of you should stay and school or go back to it.

If you knew as much about business as me you wouldn't be writing the stupidities you all call facts

Once again you people should read up on the differences between OPINIONS and FACTS.

I feel like I'm debating with 5 year olds

09-06-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by mayim@Jun 9th, 2004 - 11:37 am
Thanks! You know I'm a retail girl...
Now please let me state my OPINION, just my OPINION.

If these sales people were doctors, sanitation workers, care takers (aka important people) then I would understand them acting like snots because they're indisposable, we need them.

Retail sales people are RARELY educated in business and therefore most of the time have no clue how to properly treat a customer.

Quite frankly, I think monkeys could do their jobs.

Once again, just my opinion

09-06-2004
fashion icon

Celine Chic: Drop it! You've crossed the line, your comments were very snobbish and rude and you know it!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
gossipmarissa, gucci, humiliated, jaret, winokur