How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-04-2009
barcode

On the one hand there's a part of me that wants to feel like Gwyneth should probably keep her thoughts to herself because really the world doesn't need her to pontificate on a subject that countless other people have brought up in this age of tabloid obsession.

On the other I kind of like that she put a tidbit of information out there that shows something beneath the perfect veneer. And I can't really fault her for it, that's a pretty natural human reaction. Doesn't make you a good person or a bad person, just human.

I'm dying to know who and what she's referring to though.

16-04-2009
Stitch:the Hand

if it is winona,f*** her i say. winona is a much better actor when with good material and she doesn't act like a pretentious suck-up.

and who cares really? why on earth is gwyn talking about this in the public? it seems so pathetic to me,whomever it regards.

Last edited by Scott; 16-04-2009 at 06:03 PM.
16-04-2009
tfs star

could be kate moss too. gwyneth and kate were friends from 1998-2002. once kate had her baby, i never saw pictures of her with gwyneth again. and kate did have the unfortunate incident in 2005.

16-04-2009
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Anne View Post
I don't think it's necessarily bitchy either, it's just a natural reaction. You would have to be a zen monk to truly say you didn't feel any relief or feeling that justice was done in a way... It's karma.
I am not a Zen monk, and I do my very best not to allow myself to feel triumphant when I see someone get their comeuppance. Karma comes to us all ... that's what I try to remember. Now if it's instant karma, that can be hard not to appreciate Someone screwed me over just yesterday, and today it would be very hard not to smile (OK, grin) if something happened. Actually though I did have a moment today where I felt sorry for her, because she was acting out of deep fear and insecurity--a very bad place to be.

When people do that stuff they are literally setting themselves up for a fall ... but I remember that I've done it myself.

17-04-2009
V.I.P.

^ fashionista-ta, i like your post... if i may elabortate; when i say it's a natural reaction... i mean, i think there is a point where you can objectively say... well, he/she really did have it coming, what goes around comes around... etc, and feel good in that respect, since you know that karma is working. Though i agree it is hard to stay completely objective sometimes... i dont think that necessarily means you are feeling this great sense of entitlement either, or like personal justice was done to you-- i completely agree that it's best to keep away from dwelling on that as a feeling of personal victory.. since ultimatley it isnt.

that's what i do try to remind myself as well, that is isn't personal, it is just the law of karma. but to stay completely objective, without having a hint of that 'nya nya nya...' moment can be challenging. :p i wouldn't condemn anyone for having that moment... i think the important part is when you are able to then go beyond it, and stop yourself from considering it as a reward on your behalf, and ultimatle hope the other person can learn, grow or get whatever they need to out of that.

and now i have really gone on about this. sorry

Last edited by Mary-Anne; 17-04-2009 at 09:21 AM.
17-04-2009
V.I.P.

i like the start of her sentence in that ^ .. before "happines" she writes relief... i think it gives a different impression

especially saying it was a person who did all she can to ruin her

it's really just like a stalker

17-04-2009
Power to the 99%

^ This "doing all she could to ruin me" seems a bit dramatic ... I mean, maybe it's true, but that would have to be quite a lot, wouldn't it?

I agree with what you're saying, Mary-Anne ... there does seem to be quite a lot that's natural that maybe isn't the very best we can do

I knew someone whose boyfriend had been 'stolen' by a woman who later died in a 'fiery car crash' that she was fond of describing in a triumphant tone. I got the feeling that it was almost a threat--'Bad things happen to anyone who crosses me.' OK, whatevah ...

Anyway, I agree with Miss Dalloway's assessment of this ...

17-04-2009
V.I.P.

er it just means you haven't met someone like that ^

there are types of people who have nothing better to do, and nothing better to think about besides you. especially if someone has crossed them they tend to just never let go, really incapable. i would like to think it's a disorder but i think it's part of certain personalities

18-04-2009
Power to the 99%

^ Maybe But I have noticed that celebrities often seen to have a high sense of drama about the happenings in their lives. I remember when Jennifer Aniston's therapist died and her comment was, "Wouldn't you know, that would happen to me!"

18-04-2009
V.I.P.

haha in that case i might be one of those who can be quite dramatic and exaggerated

18-04-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
Forget the feud, this blog/site whatever takes the prize for the most patronizing, vapid, inane thing ever to hit the net.
So right. I actually used to like Gwyneth Paltrow some years ago (when she really was an actress) but right now she gets on my nerves whenever I see her. Maybe she should go back to acting and stop the pseudo lifestyle guru thing.

19-04-2009
Power to the 99%

^ Or maybe get into it more deeply so there's no time for blogging

20-04-2009
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
Forget the feud, this blog/site whatever takes the prize for the most patronizing, vapid, inane thing ever to hit the net.
Exactly!

16-01-2012
V.I.P.

whatever happened to Madonna and Gwyneth? they definitely had a bff breakup - but i never heard the story as to why. any insiders?

tfs star

^ i imagine that madonna doesn't have the ability to maintain any friendships long-term due to her narcissism. gwyneth may be the same.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
frenemy, gwyneth, paltrow