How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-08-2011
V.I.P.

Hailey removed all rather 'obscene' shots from her blog.

19-08-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen0193 View Post
What i'm worried about here is how is this gonna affect her carrer.
Won't it help her career? She has like a ridiculous amount of people viewing her thread atm...

backstage pass

Okay her parents gave the permission to publish the picture but it's a different thing to have it on a lot of t-shirts especially if people will buy them for the 'sexyness' of the picture...

$28million is maybe too much but i can understand why they're doing this. Not to mention that she have a career and it can affect it :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by citygrrl View Post
Won't it help her career? She has like a ridiculous amount of people viewing her thread atm...
tfs readers are not 'fashion industry leaders'...

Last edited by clarissea; 19-08-2011 at 05:06 PM.
19-08-2011
fashion elite

And tbh it makes me way less annoyed that they were worrying about her career rather than this "sexual exploitation" bullsh*t I mean it's still a ridiculous amount of money (especially since I've heard the Clauson family is well-off already), but for them to just suddenly be like, "my poor, innocent girl!!!" when she has been taking provocative photos for years seemed super-fake.

Yikes, what an awkward situation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologne_rocks View Post
Hailey removed all rather 'obscene' shots from her blog.
At least Google cache saves everything (Not to mention Blogger is owned by Google), so if the lawsuit does go forth I have a feeling that tidbit will be implemented somehow...

19-08-2011
V.I.P.

$28 million? That's absurd!
Seriously, Hailey has done countless of other provocative photoshoots and now her parents are worried? Bulls***.

backstage pass

$28 mill sounds a bit steep. I'm confused as to why Hailey's parents agreed to have this shoot done in the first place?

On another note - I kind of want that shirt now haha

19-08-2011
V.I.P.

Maybe her parents weren't aware of Hailey proudly posting all those pictures all over the internet herself?
I always wonder how much parents really are involved when their daughter does model shootings like this. Those topless/bikini/sexually provocative shots of underage models have become way too common. Of course it seems shady they are suing now and the amount they're asking for is beyond ridiculous but I can definitely see a father being disturbed by seeing people wearing a t-shirt that has his 15 yo daughter with her legs spread on it

19-08-2011
V.I.P.

another article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...shirt-28m.html

19-08-2011
fashion elite

^^True, I agree with that. My dad would be super freaked out and I'm "of age" (18). But that's the problem with doing those shoots in the first place, you never know where the pictures are going to end up since Hailey/her family doesn't have the rights to them. I'm sure plenty of pervy guys have already ogled them online before the t-shirt was made. And I am rethinking why they are suing for such a steep number...maybe to just scare UO into giving them a good settlement/deal rather than going to court. I'm actually really excited to see the turn-out of this

windowshopping

It's sooooo ridiculous.

Comn guys, go and check her first thread here, she has done more provocative images then these.

Her parents just should say honestly - We want money!

And btw, this thing can be very bad for her career. Big brands and big companies are not appreciate some kind of this situations.

ps Sorry HC, you are not one of my fav anymore.

19-08-2011
front row

His whole story is crazy. First, they came out with Hailey just turning 16. There are people in LA with whom she worked and who know how old she really is. It's a small world. And now this new story, just a few weeks before NYFW. Is that a new strategic plan created by Mr. Clauson to boost his daughter's career? First, Mr. Clauson pushed her to take these risque photos and now he's suing people for $28 millions? Great scouting skills.

19-08-2011
God Save McQueen

Her parents seem a bit overbearing. They have been trying to make her the 'sexy girl' model for some time, even when she was 15. Its quite apparent, not just from this shoot but others. They had to be apart of it.

TBH, the only reason they probably don't like the shirt is because they can't profit off of it themselves.

19-08-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaCo View Post
His whole story is crazy. First, they came out with Hailey just turning 16. There are people in LA with whom she worked and who know how old she really is. It's a small world. And now this new story, just a few weeks before NYFW. Is that a new strategic plan created by Mr. Clauson to boost his daughter's career? First, Mr. Clauson pushed her to take these risque photos and now he's suing people for $28 millions? Great scouting skills.
How old is she really? Did her father really push her to take those kinds of photos? I never knew what to make of it...and whether the risque photos are a result of the photographer/client asking her to be that way or someone mentoring her to pose that way or just the things she picked up looking at magazines.

19-08-2011
fashion elite

Who are they going to sue next? The agency for allowing the shoot to take place? In my opinion, the poor judgment lies on the parents. Their daughter was underage and they consented to the shoot. They clearly didn't mind the sexualized nature of the shoot back then. Why do they care about it now? Because it's on a t-shirt? Please, they were probably seen by more people online.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clauson, hailey, oufitters, parents, suing, urban