How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-08-2011
front row

Not going to lie, but there's no way the parent's are going to get enough evidence to substantiate the claim. Good dear, she's actually POSING for the photos, for which she got paid!

20-08-2011
front row

Hailey's parents are a bunch of phonies. Hailey has been doing sexual provocative shoots from the start and she's still doing them. All you need to do is just out her newest spreads in Vogue Russia and US Allure. The parents are probably mad that they didn't get paid for that UO photo and are suing for that reason.

20-08-2011
windowshopping

The fact that the image is inappropriate for a 15 yr old is not the biggest concern to me. The lawsuit needs to be about the fact that the photographer probably sold these images to Urban Outfitters or whoever made the T-shirts with or without a model's release. It sounds like Hailey is young and the photographer could have easily had her sign a model's release without even realizing it. Which means that photographer has the right to use the photo and even sell it as a "stock photo". If she did, then they have no case.

Managers need to tell these girls not to sign anything without the manager/booker's consent first... it's only their responsibility to inform the girls about these things.. no big deal or anything.

20-08-2011
windowshopping

also what's more disturbing to me is the image from that series where she's on motorcycle with that guy who is nearly 3x her age

http://www.fashionising.com/pictures...888-87085.html

20-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
the lawsuit alleges: 'She is posed in a blatantly salacious manner with her legs spread, without a bra, revealing portions of her breasts."
I don't get this part. It's quite obvious she's wearing a shirt....and no 'portions of her breasts' are visible.

front row

yeah i can't see any exposed breasts??

20-08-2011
tfs star

Oh dear, what has the world come to... Rich people just never can be rich enough.

20-08-2011
V.I.P.

I just don't get this whole "blatantly salacious" thing. Where is it? Is she a professional model or not?

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymenosaurus_J View Post
The fact that the image is inappropriate for a 15 yr old is not the biggest concern to me. The lawsuit needs to be about the fact that the photographer probably sold these images to Urban Outfitters or whoever made the T-shirts with or without a model's release. It sounds like Hailey is young and the photographer could have easily had her sign a model's release without even realizing it. Which means that photographer has the right to use the photo and even sell it as a "stock photo". If she did, then they have no case.

Managers need to tell these girls not to sign anything without the manager/booker's consent first... it's only their responsibility to inform the girls about these things.. no big deal or anything.
The parents were present at the shoot and gave their consent and the photographer says that the pictures were stolen from him .The thing is she posted the pictures on her blog .Could it be that UO just took the pics from the internet and slapped it on their shirts?Unless UO paid the photographer money for the rights , well thats another story.

People probably didn't even know who the girl on the shirt was , before their lawsuit and why are the parents complaining about her reputation when she is doing the same things for Vogue?

20-08-2011
V.I.P.

This little girl has been sex on a stick for quite some time and in quite a few settings, not just print but she also has a very sexy runway walk, so the parents could not have been unaware of it and if they were they are basically admitting their negligence. Now there may have other legitimate grounds for a lawsuit but sexually exploiting a young girl without her, her parents' and possibly her agent's knowledge and consent is not one of them.

Last edited by agee; 20-08-2011 at 08:33 AM.
20-08-2011
backstage pass

I actually wonder what kind of parents would allow their underage daughter to make this type of pictures.

Last edited by oh me; 20-08-2011 at 08:40 AM.
20-08-2011
V.I.P.

Well it's LA

20-08-2011
fashion icon

I'm afraid that this will help Hailey's celebrity status, but not her modelling career. Do you guys remember that whole debacle over her being underage at the DVF show? Diane didn't know she was underaged, and she said that HC just slipped through the cracks (It was all over the entertainment news shows). Anyways, what I am trying to say is that at such a young age she is getting too much controversial exposure. I bet that when her career dries up at age 20 she will right a tell-all book about the dangers of underage modelling.

20-08-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
This little girl has been sex on a stick for quite some time and in quite a few settings, not just print but she also has a very sexy runway walk, so the parents could not have been unaware of it and if they were they are basically admitting their negligence. Now there may have other legitimate grounds for a lawsuit but sexually exploiting a young girl without her, her parents' and possibly her agent's knowledge and consent is not one of them.
it makes me really uncomfortable to hear "sex on a stick"...

i honestly think someone mentored her to be that way...i know for many young models the "sexy" type of poses are the easiest to master (the easiest expressions and easiest way to show emotion and attitude) and that is what we are taught during development.

it really does make me feel uncomfortable now that everyone is associating hailey with "sexy" because i don't think she's actually sexy (she doesn't quite have the mystery, allure or exoticism like some other top models) but just a well trained model

....maybe i just see it this way because i've been around and seen so many models

20-08-2011
V.I.P.

^ Fair enough and when I was drafting my comment I considered adding in a comment that just because a model plays sexy is not an indicator one way or another about her how she conducts herself when she is off-duty, so I will amend my original comment to, "This little girl has been portraying sex on a stick for quite some time..."

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clauson, hailey, oufitters, parents, suing, urban