How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-04-2010
fashion elite

Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry Split
Quote:
Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry Split

By Stephen M. Silverman

Friday April 30, 2010 12:00 PM EDT

Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry have broken up after four years together, according to multiple reports.

The Oscar winner and the Canadian model are reportedly in negotiations to work out a custody agreement regarding their 2-year-old daughter Nahla, TMZ.com reports.

Berry, 43, and Aubrey, 34, met at a Versace store opening in Manhattan in February 2006. Their daughter was born two years later.

In February 2009, Berry told Essence magazine about motherhood, "I'm complete. I have more to offer my craft because [my daughter] makes me indelibly better every day." That same month, Aubry told PEOPLE that Nahla "needs a sibling. I think it's important."

Berry’s rep couldn’t be reached for comment.
people.com

30-04-2010
goodbye kiss

Oh

But I'm not exactly sad to know Gabriel's now single.

30-04-2010
front row

no! say it ain't so... i thought they were such a cute low key family

30-04-2010
backstage pass

No! So sad. They were my personal favorite celebrity couple, both so insanely good looking! I wanted them to adopt me!

30-04-2010
scenester

EXCLUSIVE: Halle Berry Splits With Her Baby Daddy Gabriel Aubry
RadarOnline, April 30, 2010

Beautiful Halle Berry is a three time loser in love, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

With two failed marriages behind her, it seemed Halle had finally found her soul mate in Canadian model Gabriel Aubry. The couple even had a child together, adorable daughter Nahla Ariela Aubry, who was born March 16th 2008.

But RadarOnline.com has learned that Halle and Gabriel have called it quits and worked out a financial and custody deal. They spent months hammering out a deal with a lawyer, RadarOnline.com learned.

A source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.com that Gabriel was the one who pulled the plug on their five year relationship and that the age difference – he’s 34, she’s 43 – played a role.

"Gabriel just felt it wasn't working anymore," the source says. "When they were first together the 9-year age difference between them didn't phase him, she was the most beautiful woman he had ever dated and he was totally in love.

"But as time went on he started feeling it more and more.
"Also, Gabriel started noticing other women, and being attracted to others, and he felt it just wasn't right to stay with Halle in those circumstances.

"Gabriel is a really nice, decent guy and he would never cheat on her, but I suspect that he had become attracted to someone and that he felt he needed to break it off with Halle before anything developed any further."

It's the latest in a series of emotional letdowns for Halle. Her first marriage, to David Justice, a former baseball player, ended acrimoniously after 5 years amid accusations from Berry of domestic abuse.

Halle's second marriage, to R & B singer Eric Benet ended after four years when Halle discovered Eric had cheated on her. Benet went into treatment for sex addiction but Halle filed for divorce.

Halle publicly declared she was over marrying again, and when she met Aubry she stated that her "life was already complete without the need for a marriage."

The source says that Gabriel and Halle quietly split a couple of months back, with Halle employing the services of Judy Bogen, a family law attorney from top Beverly Hills law firm, Hersch Mannis and Bogen, to iron out a custody and division of property agreement.

"Halle was terrified that Gabriel would go after her money," the source says. "But he's a decent and proud guy and that's just not his style.

"Gabriel's main concern was custody of Nahla, he loves that little girl more than anything, and wanted 50/50 joint physical custody of her, which Halle agreed to.

"Financially, Gabriel isn't in the league of Halle, but he still earns a decent amount from his modeling career, in the region of $700,000 per year, so he's comfortable and he didn't want a dime from Halle.

"All Gabriel has asked for is the house they own together in Canada. Halle put the full deposit down on
the house but Gabriel has made every one of the payments since.

"Halle agreed right away.

"As much as it can be it's been an amicable split. They both traveled a lot for work anyway, so they were used to spending time apart for long periods, but I think Halle has taken it pretty badly, she truly loved Gabriel and thought she had found the one."

wonderwall.msn.com

Last edited by Serenity Soul; 30-04-2010 at 02:03 PM.
30-04-2010
Aby
V.I.P.

Noooooo! Oh God, I hope it's not true! It'd be too sad...

V.I.P.

I will believe it when it comes from them.

30-04-2010
In Bloom

Had no idea who he was, just googled him...I am so not sad that he's single

we were in love

30-04-2010
User Friendly

well I'm sad they split up but I'm glad to hear that the split is not messy.. and Gabriel isn't going after Halle's millions. If it had to end this is a good way for it to happen..

30-04-2010
place your body here

awww too bad, them seemed good together

V.I.P.

From everything I've read about Halle, she seems to have gotten the one thing she really wanted out of this relationship--a child.

30-04-2010
V.I.P.

^ true. It's still sad though.

V.I.P.

at least it seems amicable and not another Hollywood cheating scandal. that would be devastating, but they are handling it like adults which I can appreciate.

anywho, now that he's single...Gabriel I'm available and not 43 :p

30-04-2010
V.I.P.

Sad

30-04-2010
®

Sad....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
aubry, berry, gabriel, halle, split