How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-03-2012
V.I.P.

Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez engaged *Update* Expecting Their First
French actor Olivier Martinez confirmed that he'sengaged toOscarwinnerHalleBerry.

Martinez, in Miami for the opening of his Villa Azur restaurant, told Miami.com, "Yes, of course it's true."

He also cleared up who designed Halle's emerald and yellow gold ring – a Paris jeweler named Robert Mazlo, whose family has been designing rings for :kings and queens for many centuries." Martinez called Mazlo a "real artist."

Back in January, Us Magazine reported that, according to a source, Martinez, 46, proposed to Berry, 45, over the Christmas holidays.

The couple met while filming the movie DarkTide, which is due out this year.

ONTD

11-03-2012
backstage pass

Not again.

11-03-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoesexy View Post
Not again.
Exactly my thoughts.
But good luck, see you in two years. Or maybe in less time.

V.I.P.

Hmmm. I wonder if this is one of the blind items about soon to be engaged celeb couples, especially since the jeweler was blatantly name checked in the press release.

Quote:
In a case where one half of a couple makes substantially more than the other, who pays for the ring? Well, in the case of these three engaged couples where the woman has the bigger paycheck, it certainly wasn’t the future groom.

The first couple went directly to the jeweler and cut a deal for a very impressive diamond sparkler. They worked out an arrangement where the couple agreed to make x number of mentions of the jeweler in the press for a 50% discount. Then the female half of the couple paid the balance in cash.

The second couple tried harder than anyone to try to talk multiple jewelers into a free ring. When no one would agree to the freebie, she simply turned to her future fiance and said, “Here’s the money. You know what I like. Now, go get me the biggest f*cking diamond you can.”

The third couple knew ahead of time that they were getting engaged, and she knew exactly what she wanted. Because she likes to control everything, she picked out the ring in a secret private buying session with the jeweler, where they settled on a price. Then she later gave the money to the boyfriend, who went to the store to pay for the ring. Of course she pretended that she had no idea that there was a ring coming, that she was thrilled with her fiance’s taste, and that she was so impressed that he paid for the ring himself.

So, when you see those shining baubles on the ring fingers of these lucky stars, you now know that in all three cases, the future groom didn’t have to lay out his own cash… but that he still gets to look like he’s a generous man with good taste.
Blind Gossip

06-04-2013
V.I.P.

Halle and Olivier are expecting!
Quote:
Olivier Martinez and Halle Berry are expecting a baby.

The couple is set to welcome their first child together this fall, Berry’s rep tells PEOPLE.

“I can confirm that Halle and Olivier are expecting a child,” the rep says.

“Halle is feeling great. It’s a very exciting time,” a source tells PEOPLE. “This happened naturally — everyone is really happy.”

“She always talks about being a mom and she definitely wanted this for a long time,” a friend adds.

Berry, 46, is already mom to 5-year-old daughter Nahla Ariela from her previous relationship with Gabriel Aubry.

After more than a year of dating, the Oscar-winning actress and Martinez, 47, were engaged in January 2012.

RELATED GALLERY — Star Moms Over 40

Last fall, Berry admitted that her little girl was hoping for a sibling.

“Every night, we do our prayers,” she explained at the time. “She says, ‘God, please bring me a bunk bed and a baby sister.’ And I say, ‘I can do one of those things, I know for sure. The other one, we’ve got to keep praying on.’”

With that prayer answered, Berry is focused on having a healthy nine months, as she did while expecting Nahla.

“My pregnancy was amazing. I was happy that whole time, I felt good, I had energy, I was like Superwoman,” she has said. “I wish I could feel like that for the rest of my life, that’s how fantastic it was.”

TMZ was first to report the news.

RELATED GALLERY: Halle, Olivier & Nahla’s Family Fun

– Sarah Michaud with reporting by Mary Green, Jennifer Garcia and Julie Jordan
people

07-04-2013
backstage pass

Xmen shooting starts in less than 10 days...

but hey... congratz...

V.I.P.

Congratulations to them! They will make a beautiful baby. I hope all goes well considering Halle's age. When a woman over 35 gets pregnant, it increases her risk for all kinds of issues.
Posted via Mobile Device

12-04-2013
V.I.P.

I think it is a bit selfish to have a baby at 46.

12-04-2013
V.I.P.

Does he have any kids of his own?

12-04-2013
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelineo View Post
I don't think that at all. Of course she is older, but if she's healthy and can carry a child, why not? I think she's a selfish person for other reasons, but not for having a baby at 46.

13-04-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
You can't be serious...

13-04-2013
tfs star

In this day and age, people live longer, and beyond that, there are literally countless children being cared for by their grandparents as we speak. If she's healthy and able--goodness knows she's financially stable--then more power to her.

13-04-2013
V.I.P.

Good for them and I don't know what they're like but they seem super dysfunctional to me... which kind of just confirms the theory that the more f*cked up you are, the bigger the need to reproduce and play guide to new lives. With the help of google and school, that baby will be fine though...

backstage pass

Quote:
yeah i think so too
she is like 60 years old when the baby is teenager.
how fun is to have a old ``grandmother´´ as mother.

14-04-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfinkova View Post
You can't be serious...
Quite serious. Having a baby at that age carries huge risks. For herself and her baby. I don't think a decision like this should be taken lightly. I would not call this a stable relationship. i honestly can't see it lasting long given her past relationships since they seem to all end badly.

She has the money to adopt a child, if she truely wanted to be a mother again but I see this as more a way to save the relationship.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
berry, engaged, expecting, halle, martinez, olivier, update