How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-06-2010
V.I.P.

Harrods Launches
Quote:
HARRODS has revealed a new line-up of rising young designers. Making their retail debut this month are J JS Lee, British-born Nicole Murray, Hasan Hejazi and menswear label Baartmans and Siegel.

"There is never a shortage of design talent in London," said Marigay McKee, Harrods' fashion and buying director, "but it is often a challenge for emerging designers to start off in the business. Nurturing and promoting young talent is crucial to the future of British fashion, I am thrilled that the second season of this exciting initiative will allow Harrods to continue to build on our offering of young designers, recognising new stars and giving them a global platform to launch their careers."

British-born, London College of Fashion graduate, Nicole Murray couldn't he happier with the decision. Her Thirties inspired collection features a series of feminine, silk pieces in a colour palette of nude, petrol and navy.

"For my MA graduate collection to be stocked exclusively by a major fashion retailer such as Harrods, is an honour, an excellent introduction to British fashion," said Murray. "I believe that my collection will compliment the Harrods clientele due to its simplicity, elegance and sophisticated techniques. All pieces in the collection are 100 per cent silk and hand fringed by trained artisans."

The designers' collections will be available online today. For more information see www.harrods.com
vogue.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg harrods.jpg (12.2 KB, 0 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
harrods, launches