Harvey Weinstein accused of sexual assault - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-10-2017
#Resist

So she invited him to her play, so what, if it's true. What she said was she would never work with him or his company, not that he was banned from her performances.

Did the great man say what exactly was different than Lupita's version? She wrote a complete blow by blow ...

As far as Rose, we don't know for sure, but I would strongly suspect that since he can definitely afford the very best lawyers, the document she signed does specify that.

Some of what he's done that's quite bad behavior is not against the law, but certainly anything non-consensual would be.

What I find quite interesting about Lupita's account is the stuff about the drink. It's very good documentation of his predatory approach.

22-10-2017
V.I.P.

Nothing about Italy and her backwards way will shock me anymore...

Quote:
Harvey Weinstein: Asia Argento leaves Italy after public condemns her for speaking out about assault

Actress and director says her homeland*'is far behind the rest of the world in its view of women'

By: Lydia Smith
Sunday 22 October 2017 11:46 BST

Actress and director Asia Argento*has said*she was*forced to leave*her native*Italy*after speaking out about an alleged sexual assault at the hands of*Harvey Weinstein.
The 42-year-old said she had*temporarily moved to the German capital of Berlin*to escape the “climate of tension” in her homeland.*
One of the first of more than 50 women to speak out about Weinstein, Ms Argento*told the*New Yorker*magazine that he*sexually assaulted her in a hotel room 20 years ago, when she was 21.

But she was subsequently criticised by some sections of the Italian media*for not coming forward sooner about the alleged assaults, despite hesitation being common among survivors for fear of reprisals, among other reasons.
Conservative newspaper Libero published an*op-ed*by Renato Farina, with the headline: “First they give it away, then they whine and pretend to repent.”

While Argento was giving an interview about the assault accusations, journalist Mario*Adinolfi*tweeted the actress was attempting to “justify high-society prostitution”.
The politician and art critic*Vittorio*Sgarbi, a friend of Ms*Argento’s former partner, said: “I have the feeling that he was actually assaulted by her.”

After moving to Germany, Argento*told*Rai*3’s*Cartabianca*show:**“Italy is far behind the rest of the world in its view of women."*
She said:*“I don’t see what I can do there - I’ll come back when things improve to fight alongside all the other women...*I didn't have to courage to speak until now because you see what happened, 20*years after the attack?“
Ms*Argento*later posted on Twitter that she has sued for defamation. Other women who have come forward with alleged stories of sexual assault and rape have spoken out against the treatment of Ms*Argento.
Jessica*Chastain*tweeted*she was “disturbed” by the victim-blaming and added Ms*Argento*should be “acknowledged for starting this conversation & removing Harvey from power.”
Source: Independent.co.uk

22-10-2017
#Resist

^ Wow ... what year is this again? And who is this Renato Farina, with breakfast cereal for a brain?! The Rush Limbaugh of Italy?

This gives some context to Carla Bruni's delusional comments ...

22-10-2017
backstage pass

This is really disturbing. It makes me so angry!

22-10-2017
V.I.P.

Sorry for all the asterisk in that article, it's so messy and I obviously only saw it now.

There's a right-wing, conservative sect in every country, in every industry. Their presence was never a problem for me. But the mere fact that these guys can utter such poisonous comments on a public forum towards something so personal is absolutely outrageous.

25-10-2017
front row

I feel bad for Asia, but in the end she made a right decision to leave.

30-10-2017
V.I.P.

Kevin Spacey is under fire now

30-10-2017
fashion elite

^ And rightfully so. I'd say it's just starting.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodencebt View Post
^ And rightfully so. I'd say it's just starting.
I mean it wasn't a secret about his sexuality, I am just disgusted by his "apology"

30-10-2017
fashion elite

Exactly. And there will be more accusations soon for sure. Everyone knew, just like with Weinstein and Richardson.

V.I.P.

I just came here and wanted to hear everybody's opinion about it, but then I didn't quite know where to put it? Maybe we need a #MeToo thread in its own right, I don't think he will be the last celeb to be accused.

Has anybody heard rumors about inappropriate behavior by Spacey before? What makes you think it's just starting, dodencebt? I heard something today about his tenure (?) in London and somebody told me it was widely known that he is somebody to stay away from, but it was the typical 'a friend told me' kind of rumor, so there might not be any truth to it.

I like him and I do think he is a smart guy. I really don't understand what on earth made him think it was a good idea to combine his apology with his official coming out. Do all these people not have advisors for a delicate situation like this? I'm convinced it would have been soon forgotten (amongst all the other MeToo stories, and it was 30 years ago, and a lot of men seem to be annoyed by the fact that it's really not okay to 'approach' others in a certain way), had he not felt the need for this second paragraph of his statement.

30-10-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sore View Post
I just came here and wanted to hear everybody's opinion about it, but then I didn't quite know where to put it? Maybe we need a #MeToo thread in its own right, I don't think he will be the last celeb to be accused.

Has anybody heard rumors about inappropriate behavior by Spacey before? What makes you think it's just starting, dodencebt? I heard something today about his tenure (?) in London and somebody told me it was widely known that he is somebody to stay away from, but it was the typical 'a friend told me' kind of rumor, so there might not be any truth to it.

I like him and I do think he is a smart guy. I really don't understand what on earth made him think it was a good idea to combine his apology with his official coming out. Do all these people not have advisors for a delicate situation like this? I'm convinced it would have been soon forgotten (amongst all the other MeToo stories, and it was 30 years ago, and a lot of men seem to be annoyed by the fact that it's really not okay to 'approach' others in a certain way), had he not felt the need for this second paragraph of his statement.
I assume there were probably rumors about him. A Family Guy clipped just resurfaced of Stewie (the baby of the show) running through a mall saying he escaped from Spacey's basement. Yes, the show is satire but I can't help but now think if it was just a joke or if there were already rumors going around with him and younger boys.

30-10-2017
V.I.P.

I agree with Sore! Let's have a separate #MeToo thread if that's ok with the mods?

As for Spacey, wow! We are really getting quite a few tossers in our team. First TMZ's Harvey, who I didn't know was gay until I saw Kathy Griffin's rant yesterday, now this sleazeball. I mean why can't it be someone cool for once. Like Brad Pitt, or Tom Cruise!

30-10-2017
#Resist

^ Oh, is Tom Cruise cool? Not sure my team has claimed him in awhile

31-10-2017
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sore View Post
Has anybody heard rumors about inappropriate behavior by Spacey before? What makes you think it's just starting, dodencebt?
I've read blinds over the years that pointed to Spacey liking young guys - sometimes too young, apparently. I also remember talking to this guy from London years ago who told me that Kevin hit on him and his friend (both in high school at the time) after a play. Clearly I can't know how much of this is true, but rumors were out there for a long time. Apparently there is also a journalist whose family member was hurt by Spacey last summer and the person is also thinking of coming forward. And I read a testimony from a documentary maker who said that a Hollywood hot shot once told him that Spacey should have been in jail by now. So like I said, a lot of rumors.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
accused, assault, harvey, sexual, weinstein