How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-11-2007
windowshopping

I personally just think it's fantastic to see a young female celeb who has morals and cares about something other than dates and drinking.

09-11-2007
windowshopping

Eh, I don't care if people eat dolphins. I don't care if they eat cat, dog, horse, chicken, pig, or beef. And I don't think it is fair for the western nations to dictate who or what other nations can eat, after all, America and the like wouldn't be so happy if people of the Hindu religion (I guess I shouldn't say India - since the whole of India doesn't consider the cow sacred) called them "disgusting" because they have an appetite for cow.

Protesting the way the animals are slaughtered; that's fine by me. But degrading a nation of people because their culture differs from ours? I find that disgraceful.

Last edited by MySweetSeptember; 09-11-2007 at 03:32 AM.
09-11-2007
fashion insider

Most Japanese people don't eat dolphin though. So I wouldn't call it a cultural thing. Maybe a ...sub culture?

09-11-2007
fashion icon

^ Correct it is not a cultural thing, infact although it is LEGAL in Japan to eat dolphins, many Japanese people think of it as a black market and don't eat it.

09-11-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySweetSeptember View Post
Eh, I don't care if people eat dolphins. I don't care if they eat cat, dog, horse, chicken, pig, or beef. And I don't think it is fair for the western nations to dictate who or what other nations can eat, after all, America and the like wouldn't be so happy if people of the Hindu religion (I guess I shouldn't say India - since the whole of India doesn't consider the cow sacred) called them "disgusting" because they have an appetite for cow.

Protesting the way the animals are slaughtered; that's fine by me. But degrading a nation of people because their culture differs from ours? I find that disgraceful.

well said! america often sticks it's nose into others issues before knowing the issue or understanding traditions...i think that's why they're, for the most part, looked down on by other nations...they're ignorant for the most part...

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
09-11-2007
Deep Red Bells

I never had any idea anyone ate dolphin.

09-11-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post
We should all take the time to educate ourselves in other cultures before just popping in to do whatever one feels like..... But I know, those Dolphins are sure cute! :p Nothing lives forever! Eventually the Dolphins will die, just like so many other species...and those other species weren't even touched by humans.
this is disgusting.

10-11-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by misssakura View Post
Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21689083/

See, dolphins are nice and friendly, and we screw them over. Remember, there is no such thing as dolphin friendly tuna.
Keep in mind that my intention is NOT to support dolphins being cruelly slaughtered, but a point I'd like to make is that not ALL dolphins are friendly. Yes they are extremely intelligent but the whole stereotype of them being friendly animals that would never harm is false. While I'm sure there are friendly ones, they too, are wild animals, and cases of them killing humans, raping, murdering each other had been documented although, strangely, not talked about much.

Last edited by Ce'nedra; 10-11-2007 at 06:37 AM.
10-11-2007
fashion icon

Out of curiosity - how do dolphins rape each other?

10-11-2007
fashion insider

Through the blowhole.

10-11-2007
Zen
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliss_ View Post
this is disgusting.
You know what...sorry that you feel like that and that you don't understand where I'm coming from.....you know, I feel bad that you took my comment off context as well as so many others do in this thread.

Last edited by Zen; 10-11-2007 at 09:04 PM.
11-11-2007
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by misssakura View Post
Through the blowhole.
Which blowhole? The one on the head? I don't know...

11-11-2007
fashion insider

Dolphins have more than one blowhole? XD

11-11-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jun3machina View Post
The green peace people do the same to the native american tribes who hunt whales up in the arctic and near alaska. A traditional way of life and a food that is able to sustain them, as well as provide the necessary nourishment for the harsh climate they live in. Yet green peace like to go in, ignore their traditions, ways of life, culture and natural way of obtaining food and make a spectacle.
That's awful! Greenpeace really don't help their image much. I am sure there is so much dogmaticism in their ranks (and on this thread) about their beliefs that they forget that they are essentially being culturist/racist. And in this thread people are being the same way about the Japanese. Why not oppose large scale food industries than people who are (LEGALLY) hunting dolphins. Surely it is not about the species, it is about the manner and the sustainability.

And what is this nonsense about one species being more intelligent than another?! Does that a) Give us the right to treat unintelligent life as we please and b) what about in nature? Are we going to condemn killer whales for killing dolphins?

But yes, I feel fairly bleak about the damange we have done just like jun3machina.

11-11-2007
windowshopping

I think it is great she trys to help. but omg poor dolphins

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dolphins, hayden, panettiere, save