How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-11-2007
fashion icon

People eat kangaroo in Australia.

21-11-2007
Deep Red Bells

Oh boy- this is turning into the strange meat thread....

I guess we'll have to talk about something until Hayden goes back to Japan and is arrested and tried.:p

Anyone ever eat ostrich?....
They freak me out... I wouldn't want to eat them.

21-11-2007
fashion icon

Will she get arrested out of the country? Can they take her from USA?

21-11-2007
fashion icon

Dragonhorses were in this soup they served us in China.

22-11-2007
tfs star

This thread is quite strange ... I admire her courage, but I'm not sure that was the right way to get your point across.

22-11-2007
fashion icon

In some parts of China and India they eat monkey brain when the monkey is still alive.

One of my Indonesian friend's told me that a local guy in her hometown eats humans.

I ate a chocolate coated fried grasshopper in class once.

Last edited by eurofashionjunki; 22-11-2007 at 07:26 AM.
22-11-2007
fashion icon

aaaah! cannibals! My band teacher knew this guy who ate a human arm during some war. The locals had had one shipped and he'd eaten it without knowing.

we really should make a weird food thread... this thread is turning into one.

08-12-2007
front row

Hayden's letter to the Japanese Government:

Dear Mr. Fukuda,

Rest assured our viewers and the public at large is appalled by Japanese whaling and fisheries practices. Even within your own country, recent polls show that over 77% of the Japanese public is against whaling while only 11% support it.

To say that Japan is carefully managing marine living resources for the future is a joke. Recent scientific studies have shown that over 90% of the world’s large fish have been depleted by over-fishing and Japan’s own factory-fishing fleets are largely responsible for this, decimating one species after another. Just recently, Japan was found to be in violation of its quota on endangered blue fin tuna. I cannot find one example where Japan has carefully managed any marine species.

In regards to dolphins and whales, Japan’s blatant disregard for these species is unfathomable. Japan is cruelly and needlessly butchering over 20,000 dolphins and other small cetaceans every year. There is no humane way to kill a dolphin or whale and scientific research shows that dolphin and whale meat is unhealthy for human consumption. Your own Government studies show dolphin and whale meat can contain up to 10-16 times the healthful level of mercury and that elevated levels of mercury have been proven to cause birth defects, neural damage, and death. As a result, several Japanese supermarket chains have pulled dolphin and whale meat from their shelves due to the health risks. Despite this however, your fisheries agency continues to advocate for the needless killing of dolphins and whales.

In addition, your whaling fleet is now planning to kill over 1,000 whales in the Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary including endangered fin and humpback whales. There is nothing scientific about this slaughter. All the data being collected can be and is being collected through non-lethal means by bona-fide scientists, not bogus scientists like yours.

Recently, a representative for Japan’s fisheries agency said:

“Whales are just as important, and no more special, than any other fish,” says Japan Fisheries Agency spokesperson Hideki Moronuki, maintaining Japan’s long-held position that marine mammals should get no special treatment for being warm-blooded.

Your scientists can’t even tell the difference between a marine mammal and a fish. Do you realize how ignorant Japan looks to the rest of the world? Please be advised that we are telling all consumers to not purchase any Japanese made products until Japan stops killing dolphins and whales and we will be vigilant in this regard. We are determined to end Japan’s brutally cruel and needless slaughter of dolphins and whales and I will do everything within my power to ensure this.

Sincerely,

Hayden Panettiere
Spokesperson
Save the Whales Again! Campaign

source: soompi

08-12-2007
Zen
V.I.P.

...I won't say anything...because I know I will be pounced for my views on this.

08-12-2007
fashion icon

I see some grammar mistakes.

Like:

70% of the Japanese public are against (not is against because it is plural)

09-12-2007
fashion insider

She is right though, it's not a fish, it's a mammal. You'd think the representative would know that.

09-12-2007
fashion insider

http://www.glumbert.com/media/dolphin

Here, watch this. And if you don't find anything wrong with this video at all, then somewhere your human compassion has failed miserably.

09-12-2007
fashion icon

^ Is it dolphins being slaughtered? Because then I don't want to see it and you should put some kind of warning sign for that video.

09-12-2007
fashion insider

Edit: Although in the post I do state that it has something to do with compassion, so it's pretty apparent. I don't know what else I'd say. Okay there's blood in it.

Yes it is, and I don't think I really should put a warning, since most people here seem to be okay with it I don't think it's a problem?

Last edited by misssakura; 09-12-2007 at 02:34 PM.
09-12-2007
V.I.P.

oh geez! she writes a fricken letter now, huh? i actually would like to see this little dear get arrested by the japanese government and see what happens, and how tough she is then. I find her very arrogant in interviews, and this is just P***ing me off, now...

i bet she eats hamburgers too, and chicken and fish....delicious little cows that im sure feel just as bad as the dolphins do when they're slaughtered...or perhaps they celebrate death after being force fed, continuously milked and fed hormones, in a flourescently lit world where there homes are cow-sized cages made of cold steel. or perhaps those poor chickens that are forced hatched, sent through tubes and conveyer belts to their familiar life in flourescent happy silos....

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com

Last edited by jun3machina; 09-12-2007 at 11:21 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dolphins, hayden, panettiere, save