Herve L. Leroux Dies At 60 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
06-10-2017
fashion elite

Herve L. Leroux Dies At 60
Quote:
HERVE L. LEROUX has died at the age of 60. News of the French designer, who created the bandage dress that was the uniform of the supermodels in the Nineties, came via a statement from Federation de la Haute Couture et de la Mode on Friday.

Leroux cut his teeth as Fendi and Chanel before launching his own label, Herve Leger, in 1985. In 1999 the brand was acquired by BCBG Max Azria in 1999, when Leroux lost commercial use of his name.

He continued to design red carpet confections for stars such as Cate Blanchett, Jessica Chastain and Dita Von Teese, who took to Instagram to share a tribute to her late collaborator.

"I'd say he was the only dressmaker that could accomplish a truly modern Madame Gres goddess gown," she wrote. "I loved him for his wit, his candor, his sublime elegance and of course, his talent, which, came from authentic obsession, with no care for the commerciality of fashion." The coterie of girls who wore his girdle-tight elasticated dresses would undoubtedly attest to this too.
vogue.co.uk

army of lovers

So sad. I hope he rest in peace. Enjoyed watching his 90s runway shows with those bodacious supermodels on Youtube.

06-10-2017
fashion elite

WOW! Such a tragic loss.
RIP!
He was a great talent and he was very underrated.

06-10-2017
V.I.P.

Oh my god... You guys won't believe but I was actually thinking of him two days ago and googling him, wanting to know how he is doing now...

R.I.P.

07-10-2017
V.I.P.

Sad loss, Rip! Imo his work is as iconic as the supermodels. Bodycon will be back once we are past the PC wave. I quite like some of the current pieces uder Max A.

11-10-2017
backstage pass

a sad time in fashion, long live the bandage dress. Very underrated and will certainly be missed!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
60, dies, herve, leroux